Analysis of Pakistan Constitution

idkmybffbill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 10:49:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey you guys,

So I'm doing an analysis of the Pakistan Constitution, and I am SO stuck. I have to point out whether or not the constitution has a system of checks and balances and/or separation of powers and support it with textual evidence. The thing is, I didn't really understand it from the constitution itself, so I searched it up on Google. Some websites say it does while others say it doesn't. If you're familiar with the Pakistan Constitution, please help me by sending me the text evidence for both checks and balances and separation of powers. Thank you SO much. I really appreciate it.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 11:08:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2010 10:49:30 AM, idkmybffbill wrote:
Hey you guys,

So I'm doing an analysis of the Pakistan Constitution, and I am SO stuck. I have to point out whether or not the constitution has a system of checks and balances and/or separation of powers and support it with textual evidence. The thing is, I didn't really understand it from the constitution itself, so I searched it up on Google. Some websites say it does while others say it doesn't. If you're familiar with the Pakistan Constitution, please help me by sending me the text evidence for both checks and balances and separation of powers. Thank you SO much. I really appreciate it.

The checks and balances in a parliament are different than in the U.S. In parliament, the prime minister can lose power at any point through a vote of no confidence. This is being altered in Pakistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"A few months later, the Fourteenth Amendment was passed, which subjected Members of Parliament to very strict party discipline by giving party leaders unlimited power to dismiss legislators who failed to vote as directed. This virtually eliminated any chance of a Prime Minister of being thrown out of office by a motion of no confidence. The amendments removed nearly all institutional checks and balances on the Prime Minister's power, by effectively removing the legal remedies by which he could be dismissed."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)