Jump to topic:

F#$k I Never Actually Learned S%&t!

Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 5:52:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The next 2 weeks is finals week for most college students, so I'd create a topic for study tips, new cheating methods (j/k, but not really), etc.

I recently discovered a note card taped in a stall of the women's restroom with a whole bunch of chemistry notes on it. It's a pretty clever idea actually. You ask flip through the exam, ask to go to the restroom, and get to browse through your notes for answers. Another one I've seen is writing on the inside of a water bottle label. XD
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 5:52:47 PM
At 12/7/2010 5:52:01 PM, Osiris wrote:
The next 2 weeks is finals week for most college students, so I'd create a topic for study tips, new cheating methods (j/k, but not really), etc.

I recently discovered a note card taped in a stall of the women's restroom with a whole bunch of chemistry notes on it. It's a pretty clever idea actually. You flip through the exam, ask to go to the restroom, and get to browse through your notes for answers. Another one I've seen is writing on the inside of a water bottle label. XD
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:03:19 PM
At 12/7/2010 5:52:47 PM, Osiris wrote:

I recently discovered a note card taped in a stall of the women's restroom with a whole bunch of chemistry notes on it. It's a pretty clever idea actually. You flip through the exam, ask to go to the restroom, and get to browse through your notes for answers. Another one I've seen is writing on the inside of a water bottle label. XD
Haha, win. I need to do that one more often!

I've learned writing notes on your pencils, using paper that has key formulas (in small print), and writing on your normally unused hand are some very good strategies.
I miss the old members.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:22:55 PM

I recently discovered a note card taped in a stall of the women's restroom with a whole bunch of chemistry notes on it. It's a pretty clever idea actually. You ask flip through the exam, ask to go to the restroom, and get to browse through your notes for answers. Another one I've seen is writing on the inside of a water bottle label. XD

I did that once. I thought I was sooo clever. But now the secret's out :(
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:23:36 PM
I know in one of my classes a guy wrote his notes on the brim of his hat and it was working pretty well too until the teacher started noticing his eyes would roll upward (to look at his notes) every minute or so. He asked if he was having a seizure. XD
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:24:51 PM
Another one I've seen is writing on the inside of a water bottle label. XD

Old shoes :).. make sure they're like Tannish... not white.

you don't want them too show up too good now :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:25:19 PM
Honestly, my number one tip is to listen to music while you study. I listen to a specific CD while I study, then replay the CD in my head during the exam. For some reason my recall is better that way. I practically failed Cognition so I couldn't tell you why :p
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:26:04 PM
At 12/7/2010 6:23:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I know in one of my classes a guy wrote his notes on the brim of his hat and it was working pretty well too until the teacher started noticing his eyes would roll upward (to look at his notes) every minute or so. He asked if he was having a seizure. XD

yeah... that's why the shoes work so good :)

College desks are usually small... and your shoes are quite visible without changing your gaze much.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:28:26 PM
At 12/7/2010 6:23:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

ROFL.
Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:32:12 PM
I actually never really study for exams until right before I go to bed the night before and then the day of. It works for me. Also color coding your notes seals the deal. If you write your notes in different colors and organized like an outline, it really helps when trying to recall information.

http://lifehacker.com...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:35:26 PM
I consider myself lucky that in my first semester of college I only actually have one final, and it's in Math 125 (Intermediate Algebra). Which is a class I've never actually attended and have 100% in. So...yeah...

Anyways, from what I hear having note cards with blurbs of information on them taped in various, highly traveled areas of your living areas of your house helps.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:37:48 PM
At 12/7/2010 6:35:26 PM, Korashk wrote:
Which is a class I've never actually attended and have 100% in. So...yeah...

Not entirely true, I go on test days and leave when I finish.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 6:39:21 PM
In the classes I take it's almost impossible to colour-code your notes. There's just not enough time. I did it for my Korean Studies class and that helped immensely, especially since I wasn't familiar with the language. But for lectures where there's a huge load of information in a short span of time, I'd recommend making cue cards with important people/dates/theories, definitions, etc.
Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 7:20:04 PM
At 12/7/2010 6:39:21 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
In the classes I take it's almost impossible to colour-code your notes. There's just not enough time. I did it for my Korean Studies class and that helped immensely, especially since I wasn't familiar with the language. But for lectures where there's a huge load of information in a short span of time, I'd recommend making cue cards with important people/dates/theories, definitions, etc.

It's doable. I used it for my bio classes: Bio 189 [Intro and Fundamentals], Bio 223 [Anatomy and Physiology I], and Bio 224 [Anatomy and Physiology II]. Bio classes are some of the hardest and are usually 3 hour long lectures, but I managed with my clicky pen. Haha
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 7:33:10 PM
Some schools have you use standard test booklets, if the test has a writing portion. You can take two of these booklets with you, one with all your notes in it and one blank.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 8:23:59 PM
At 12/7/2010 7:33:10 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Some schools have you use standard test booklets, if the test has a writing portion. You can take two of these booklets with you, one with all your notes in it and one blank.

Ya most schools use standard blue book tests don't they?
And for the bathroom thing, a bunch of kids at Purdue got busted for having answers in the bathroom...ruined it for the next generations. We also have to take exams with our hats on backwards...stops that method. You can't have anything like water bottles out during the test, the only thing i've seen work is memorizing whatever is important right up until you get the exam, then writing it down before you forget, it's not really cheating.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 10:02:37 PM
Graduate courses...there's no way to cheat. You just have to study every day for 2 weeks before the test.

*sigh*
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 10:07:08 PM
Take the label off a water bottle.

Photo-copy it.

Replace the nutritional information with answers.

Print on photo-paper.

Glue back to bottle.

Win.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 10:24:19 PM
At 12/7/2010 10:07:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Take the label off a water bottle.

Photo-copy it.

Print on photo-paper.

Glue back to bottle.

Win.

No no no. Cheating is a fail if you get caught. Must me able to destroy evidence at a moments notice.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 10:37:59 PM
At 12/7/2010 10:07:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:

I'd need about 50 bottles of water for this to help XD
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 11:11:17 PM
I consider myself lucky that in my first semester of college I only actually have one final, and it's in Math 125 (Intermediate Algebra). Which is a class I've never actually attended and have 100% in. So...yeah...

Anyways, from what I hear having note cards with blurbs of information on them taped in various, highly traveled areas of your living areas of your house helps.

why the f*ck are you taking it?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 10:34:32 AM
My professor told us a story once, where he caught a guy cheating... He wrote the answers on the inside of a bunch of starburst wrappers and was eating them during the exams.
no comment
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 12:15:19 PM
At 12/7/2010 11:11:17 PM, belle wrote:

Jumping through the hoops like every other college student if I had to guess.

werbenjagermanjensen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 7:50:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago

It's called testing out of something.

Also if you really want to know the trick its using www.ratemyprofessors.com

then Study for an hour, halo/COD Black ops then study for an hour then go to taco bell, order a small drink the study there for 3 more hours with free refills.
: At 12/10/2010 9:58:26 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
: lovelife's cool.

Insert statement that I wrote myself here. Cuz sigging your own words is cool!

Jannah Ta'alumah (Mitchell)
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 8:24:16 AM
Yeah pretty much every thing mentioned along the lines of "cheating" so far would fail horribly at delta.

We take our exams in a room with 3 people that walk around (small room mind you) have to put everything but our pencil in a green bag that we can't access during the test and our not allowed to leave the room until we are done with the test.... sucks
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 11:26:06 AM
i had my chem final yesterday.... they have assigned seats, with your name already on the test, and if you leave to go to the restroom you have to bring them your test so they can hold if for safekeeping while you're gone. reaaaaaaaally paranoid.

but i also remembered this one idiot from a philosophy class in the past... during the final he got up every 10-15 minutes to go to the bathroom... and brought his backpack. could you be any more obvious? i finished before him so i'm not sure what happened, but i really hope he got an F. its just so... uncreative. lol.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 11:46:39 AM
At 12/7/2010 11:11:17 PM, belle wrote:

I need a math credit and didn't do well enough on the AP Calc exam to get it.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 12:40:34 PM
I hate how a 3 is passing the AP calc exam, but you have to get a 4 for college credit.