Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Is SAT racially biased?

ken1122
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2016 4:43:23 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
I've heard the many questions on the SAT test were racially biased. Can anyone give an example of such a question that might be on the SAT test that is racially biased?

Ken
Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 2:19:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 4:43:23 AM, ken1122 wrote:
I've heard the many questions on the SAT test were racially biased. Can anyone give an example of such a question that might be on the SAT test that is racially biased?

Ken

The questions feel as if they're being asked to a White Audience. SAT just doesn't sheesh my kabaab.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 2:56:16 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/24/2016 2:19:22 PM, Roukezian wrote:
The questions feel as if they're being asked to a White Audience. SAT just doesn't sheesh my kabaab.

Yeah, and colleges with their accounting and philosophy programs feel like they're geared toward whites. Where is Dress for Theft 101 and Crack Cooking classes? D@mn racist America!
Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 5:09:34 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/24/2016 2:56:16 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 5/24/2016 2:19:22 PM, Roukezian wrote:
The questions feel as if they're being asked to a White Audience. SAT just doesn't sheesh my kabaab.

Yeah, and colleges with their accounting and philosophy programs feel like they're geared toward whites. Where is Dress for Theft 101 and Crack Cooking classes? D@mn racist America!

Crack cooking classes? That's Junior high material, not college.
Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 5:15:57 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/24/2016 2:56:16 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 5/24/2016 2:19:22 PM, Roukezian wrote:
The questions feel as if they're being asked to a White Audience. SAT just doesn't sheesh my kabaab.

Yeah, and colleges with their accounting and philosophy programs feel like they're geared toward whites. Where is Dress for Theft 101 and Crack Cooking classes? D@mn racist America!

Cr*ck cooking classes? That's Junior high material, not college.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 5:58:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 4:43:23 AM, ken1122 wrote:
I've heard the many questions on the SAT test were racially biased. Can anyone give an example of such a question that might be on the SAT test that is racially biased?

Ken

On this topic, in another subforum, a tool posted the claim that a SAT test years ago used the word "cutter" (as in Coast Guard Cutter). And, claimed this was racist because whites kids are sailors and black kids are crack smokers (or, maybe he just implied that).

And, even though the SAT people removed that word and even removed the kind of question the word was used in (analogies), the use of that word was so traumatic that the black-white SAT gap hasn't closed one point, even to this day.

Democrats/Liberals also think the SAT is racist against chimps. Chimps don't like water, either.
SkyLeach
Posts: 206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 6:36:43 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/15/2016 4:43:23 AM, ken1122 wrote:
I've heard the many questions on the SAT test were racially biased. Can anyone give an example of such a question that might be on the SAT test that is racially biased?

Ken

it must be
it tests knowledge
the lack of knowledge is ignorance
and you know what a synonym for ignorance is...
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...