Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Teaching the truth of communism?

Dark-one
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,846
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 2:50:46 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Because they're teaching you the ideology, not what people have done under its name. For example, if you take a Christian theology class they're not going to teach you about the Crusades.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Dark-one
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 3:45:14 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/22/2016 2:50:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Because they're teaching you the ideology, not what people have done under its name. For example, if you take a Christian theology class they're not going to teach you about the Crusades.

I'm talking about when they teach parts of history relating to said regimes.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,846
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 3:49:51 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/22/2016 3:45:14 AM, Dark-one wrote:
At 5/22/2016 2:50:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Because they're teaching you the ideology, not what people have done under its name. For example, if you take a Christian theology class they're not going to teach you about the Crusades.

I'm talking about when they teach parts of history relating to said regimes.

If they are teaching the history of communism and excluding what the regimes did, then they're most likely communists and you should report them to the NSA.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 4:44:25 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/22/2016 2:50:46 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Because they're teaching you the ideology, not what people have done under its name. For example, if you take a Christian theology class they're not going to teach you about the Crusades.

That's not a good example considering the Crusades were absolutely justified. Maybe the Spanish Inquisition would be a good start, or massive indulgences sold by the Pope, etc. etc.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Forthelulz
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 8:33:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
The way I see it, the history books have an info limit, what with there only being so much time students have only so much time to do homework and be in school (only 25 hours a day/eight days a week), that the chart for "what makes it in" can be summed up as follows:

First step: Can it be spun to make it look politically correct?
Second step: Was it historically relevant?

@PetersSmith

I remember my history book going into detail about shenanigans like the Crusades, but falling silent when it came to literally anything negative aimed at Western Civilization that wasn't a global-scale war. I have no idea what standards you guys have, but political correctness is the name of the game when they write history books in California.
=Chief Defenestrator=

#ImperiumAmerica

This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org...
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org...
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org...
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com...
AnnaCzereda
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 9:42:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Perhaps, because of the time limit or, perhaps, because it's not very relevant to the history of your country. If you are from the USA, then your country has never experienced communism. I think I can assume that during history lessons, most of the time is devoted to studying the history of the US. The remaining time is shared among other matters.

In Poland and other mid-eastern European countries, the atrocities of the communist system are discussed because it's a considerable part of our history.

It's also possible that the teachers are ignorant or that they idealize communism. It depends on what schools and teachers we are talking about.
He wished to turn his countenance from the smoldering rubble, but saw from amidst the embers that a few chaff would not burn away. To these, he stared into the eye of God sneering, and called them, 'Promethean.'
SkyLeach
Posts: 206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 6:33:51 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
because political science thinks it is a special chicken rather than a perverted form of sociology?
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:18:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Because institutionalized education only teaches to fit a narrative. If the educational system wanted to teach you the truth, than you would question the system. They can't have you questioning the system. They like their civilians to be sheep. It is up to the individual to get a book and learn for themselves. Please, it's time to wake up as a society. Else we will let the oligarchy run us into the ground.
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:21:11 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Why do they not teach us about the multitude of atrocities committed by capitalist regimes? Which are far greater, both in quantity and quality.
Dark-one
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 6:19:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/24/2016 2:21:11 AM, Ooogapi wrote:
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Why do they not teach us about the multitude of atrocities committed by capitalist regimes? Which are far greater, both in quantity and quality.

Make a list.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:24:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Because teachers teach in a socialist institution ruled by Judaeo-Atheist judges.

Communism is the most brutal government system the world has ever seen, but just look at how young people flocked old commie Bernie Sanders because they think Communism is all apple pie and bunnies, thanks the the failure of public schools.
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 4:35:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/24/2016 10:24:57 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 5/21/2016 8:19:57 PM, Dark-one wrote:
Why is it that our teachers leave out the multitude of atrocities committed by communist regimes from the syllabus?

Because teachers teach in a socialist institution ruled by Judaeo-Atheist judges.

Which institution? Last I checked teachers teach from a curriculum that is derived from a pro-capitalist ideology. I don't know what institution you came from.

Communism is the most brutal government system the world has ever seen, but just look at how young people flocked old commie Bernie Sanders because they think Communism is all apple pie and bunnies, thanks the the failure of public schools.

We have never seen Communism. Maoism, Lenninism, Stalinism, and even Castro was not true Communism. Read Marx and Engels if tyou want to understand what true Communism is supposed to look like. You probably won't though cause you are a willfully ignorant plebeian.

For the sake of your argument: Communism is not the most brutal government system the world has ever seen.

Let's start with Mao; his "Great Leap Forward" was ill planned and unprepared. His ideology was to push peasants from agriculture into industry and metropolitan areas. His mode of distributing grain (and other essential foods) was glossed over, which perpetuated the numerous deaths of the Chinese people. It was less his fault and more the fault of failed planning on the part of his ministers. Sure he killed intellectuals and those in opposition to his party, but for the most part he can not be held responsible for the majority of death in during his "Communist" regime. Number of deaths range from 20-45 million people at the epoch.

Stalinism and Lenninism: Their plan was a top to bottom authoritarian take over. Lennin, in the beginning held true to his ideas of a Communist society by wanting to build a grass roots movement (true communism starts with the peasants and ends with the peasants) but his method drastically changed because he was running out of time, as well as massive pressure by the rest of the European countries.. Stalin never wanted to instill communism. He was a totalitarian, who under the guise of Communism, wanted absolute control. Communism can never function in a state where there is an authoritarian imposing his ideologies on the masses through force. Number of deaths of Stalin is about 20 million.

So adding those up we will say about 65 million between those three "communist" regimes.

Now let's look at Capitalism: Capitalist ideologies were in place roughly at the beginning of European dominance (1500 CE - ) and were at it's epoch from around 1850's - 1960's). During that time you have, under capitalist ideologies: the genocide of Indigenous Americans (about 90% of their race), The African Slave trade, colonialism/imperialism, both World Wars (Hiroshima, Nagasaki), Vietnam (don't forget the war crimes of bombing in Cambodia and Laos. Also the most abhorrent chemical warfare against humanity), wars in the middle east, I could go on and on.

African (slave trade) and Indigenous genocides (including natives in the pacific Islands and Australia) totals roughly 220 million deaths. Imperialism (1800's - 1960's) roughly 30 million (King Leopold II alone killed 10 million Africans in the Congo). WWI casualties are about 18 million. WWII about 30 million not counting civilians killed by "communist" USSR because that was tallied in my first paragraph, this is only under the model of Capitalism (plus 6 million Jews, 10 million civs killed by Japanese). Estimates will be higher but we will say about 2.5 million as a result of South East Asia (Nam, Laos, Philippines etc) + Middle East wars (the present conflict). I of course haven't even gotten to the destruction of Latin America and the Caribbean thanks to the Monroe Doctrine, the Cold War, and Raegan's war on drugs, but I hope your starting to get the picture.

In conclusion: "Communism" indirectly influenced the deaths of 65-80 million people. Capitalism indirectly influenced the deaths of about 295 million people so far (which is a very generous estimate). Not to mention the ecological destruction it has and is causing which is absolutely unfathomable.

Which is more brutal?

Also Bernie Sanders is a Democratic Socialist, not a Communist.

Please read a book and educate yourself before you keep spitting this unintelligent nonsense. It's really time consuming having to educate plebeians like you.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 7:58:48 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 4:35:52 PM, Ooogapi wrote:
Which institution? Last I checked teachers teach from a curriculum that is derived from a pro-capitalist ideology. I don't know what institution you came from.

Last time I checked, you were an absolute idiot. Where's the pro-capitalist ideology in government owned and operated schools?

We have never seen Communism. Maoism, Lenninism, Stalinism, and even Castro was not true Communism. Read Marx and Engels if tyou want to understand what true Communism is supposed to look like. You probably won't though cause you are a willfully ignorant plebeian.

Your fantasy of Communism is impossible. Mao and Stalin is the reality of Communism. Yeah, you think Mao's Great Leap forward was just poorly planned.

Now let's look at Capitalism: Capitalist ideologies were in place roughly at the beginning of European dominance (1500 CE - ) and were at it's epoch from around 1850's - 1960's). During that time you have, under capitalist ideologies: the genocide of Indigenous Americans (about 90% of their race),

There was no genocide against American Indians.... Your whole post is leftist nonsense. You try to go back to 1500 AD and count wars and use exaggerated numbers and then you compare that to what Communists killed of their own people in the 20the century.
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:52:36 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:58:48 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/25/2016 4:35:52 PM, Ooogapi wrote:
Which institution? Last I checked teachers teach from a curriculum that is derived from a pro-capitalist ideology. I don't know what institution you came from.

Last time I checked, you were an absolute idiot. Where's the pro-capitalist ideology in government owned and operated schools?

We have never seen Communism. Maoism, Lenninism, Stalinism, and even Castro was not true Communism. Read Marx and Engels if tyou want to understand what true Communism is supposed to look like. You probably won't though cause you are a willfully ignorant plebeian.

Your fantasy of Communism is impossible. Mao and Stalin is the reality of Communism. Yeah, you think Mao's Great Leap forward was just poorly planned.

Now let's look at Capitalism: Capitalist ideologies were in place roughly at the beginning of European dominance (1500 CE - ) and were at it's epoch from around 1850's - 1960's). During that time you have, under capitalist ideologies: the genocide of Indigenous Americans (about 90% of their race),

There was no genocide against American Indians.... Your whole post is leftist nonsense. You try to go back to 1500 AD and count wars and use exaggerated numbers and then you compare that to what Communists killed of their own people in the 20the century.

It's too hard to educate the mis-educated and indoctrinated. Hopefully you will soon wake up.