Send a Message
6/11/2016 8:38:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
This is what I think Math stands for:

Mental
Animal
Torture made for
Humans

Do you agree with this? I do! I hate math and I think it's a huge waste of time! I don't see how math is so important when it's just a bunch of useless formulas and equations that I would never need to use in real life!
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 3:35:16 AM
It also is the most important subject and a human creation that has sky rocketed us to achieve wonders.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 3:45:49 AM
At 6/12/2016 3:35:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
It also is the most important subject and a human creation that has sky rocketed us to achieve wonders.
I think English is the most important subject because you need to know how to read and write for literally every subject!
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 3:47:16 AM
At 6/12/2016 3:45:49 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:
I think English is the most important subject because you need to know how to read and write for literally every subject!

No, because English is just one language, and mathematics is universal.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 4:11:29 AM
At 6/12/2016 3:47:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/12/2016 3:45:49 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:

No, because English is just one language, and mathematics is universal.

Okay, you actually have a point there. English is just one language while math is universal.
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 2:43:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/11/2016 8:38:08 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

Mental
Animal
Torture made for
Humans

Do you agree with this? I do! I hate math and I think it's a huge waste of time! I don't see how math is so important when it's just a bunch of useless formulas and equations that I would never need to use in real life!

Think of math as exercise for your brain. Studying math trains your brain to think in terms of logic and problem-solving, which are important life skills. Math is also used in virtually every field of human endeavor. Any science or engineering field relies on math, of course. Also any financial or economic field. But also sociology, politics, art and music.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:02:56 AM

Mental
Animal
Torture made for
Humans

You're an idiot.
jenjay124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:10:45 PM
At 6/29/2016 2:43:42 PM, Stronn wrote:

Mental
Animal
Torture made for
Humans

Think of math as exercise for your brain. Studying math trains your brain to think in terms of logic and problem-solving, which are important life skills. Math is also used in virtually every field of human endeavor. Any science or engineering field relies on math, of course. Also any financial or economic field. But also sociology, politics, art and music.

How come you think of Mathematics like this??? It is fun, but you just have to be curious about everything. But why not like it??? I think of Maths like this:

Marvellous
Amazing
The best subject ever
Have fun
pj
Droyde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 9:58:50 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I completely disagree with you. You may hate math, but math is the backbone of all human progress and knowledge. Without math, there are no other sciences, such as physics, chemistry, biology, etc. Your electrical appliances, homes, material possessions, even the computer/device that you used to make this post- all of that was manufactured or designed using principles of math and science.
Even if you hate math, appreciate it. Because the modern world could not exist without it.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 10:27:39 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Math may not teach me to add love and subtract hate but it gives me hope that every problem has a solution.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...