Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

How to put economics in pre-colleg education?

Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 8:34:23 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
When you go out into the street ask people-- where does money come from?...

If the phrase "federal reserve banking", or the word "loans" do not come out of their mouths, then that is a problem.

It has been my experience that few people understand basic elements of economics and finance.
I'm not talking about stock options, or all those acronyms, or the differences between Keynes's and Hayek's perspectives.

People need to understand the laws of supply and demand. People need to know what Federal Reserve Banking is. People need to know what monetary theory is. People need to know why the gold standard existed. These are just some examples.

Otherwise, they will have little clue what's going on in the world around them in terms of general financial being.

Why this isn't taught in middle school or high school boggles me.

Ideas?
Reigon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 3:04:55 PM
At 6/12/2016 8:34:23 AM, Dark-one wrote:

If the phrase "federal reserve banking", or the word "loans" do not come out of their mouths, then that is a problem.

It has been my experience that few people understand basic elements of economics and finance.
I'm not talking about stock options, or all those acronyms, or the differences between Keynes's and Hayek's perspectives.

People need to understand the laws of supply and demand. People need to know what Federal Reserve Banking is. People need to know what monetary theory is. People need to know why the gold standard existed. These are just some examples.

Otherwise, they will have little clue what's going on in the world around them in terms of general financial being.

Ideas?

In my high school we had a semester of Government and Economics in Social Studies.
It was very brief and more focused on preparing students to be financially literate for the real world (loans, debts, APR etc etc.) There was a brief mention of the Federal Reserve and what they did to combat unemployment and inflation.
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 6:29:13 PM
At 6/12/2016 3:04:55 PM, Reigon wrote:

Ideas?

In my high school we had a semester of Government and Economics in Social Studies.
It was very brief and more focused on preparing students to be financially literate for the real world (loans, debts, APR etc etc.) There was a brief mention of the Federal Reserve and what they did to combat unemployment and inflation.

I feel better already. Thank you for this feel good story.
Reigon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2016 8:38:20 PM
At 6/12/2016 6:29:13 PM, Dark-one wrote:
At 6/12/2016 3:04:55 PM, Reigon wrote:

Ideas?

I feel better already. Thank you for this feel good story.

Np, I'm from NYC not sure how it differs in other states.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 9:06:50 PM
It's corruption that while kids are required to take a lot of classes, basic economics isn't one of those classes.
Arabellaalice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 9:55:56 AM
populace require to appreciate the laws of provide and demand. populace require to know what central Reserve bank is. Populace require to know what monetary theory is. Populace need to know why the bullion normal exist. These are just a number of example. http://www.essaythinker.co.uk...
zakbut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 8:25:48 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
This is very nice one and gives depth information. Thanks and keep posting! Thanks again for the blog article . Much thanks again. Great.
http://hotemailsignin.com...
Jackkevin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 11:24:38 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Utilizing a longitudinal specimen of Texas secondary school seniors of 2002 who selected in school inside the logbook year of secondary school graduation. Visit Our Website http://www.buyassignmentservice.com...