Jump to topic:

Have you ever had a prejudiced teacher?

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 3:40:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Have any of you ever had a teacher who was sexist, racist, ageist, heightist, etc?

I have never had a prejudiced teacher so I don't have any experiences with ignorant and prejudiced teachers!
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 5:41:13 AM
At 6/17/2016 3:40:19 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:
Have any of you ever had a teacher who was sexist, racist, ageist, heightist, etc?

I have never had a prejudiced teacher so I don't have any experiences with ignorant and prejudiced teachers!

All your teachers are "prejudiced". Either they share your prejudices so you don't notice, or they keep their prejudices to themselves,
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 8:25:28 PM
At 6/18/2016 5:41:13 AM, Rukado wrote:

All your teachers are "prejudiced". Either they share your prejudices so you don't notice, or they keep their prejudices to themselves,

How do you know that? There are many teachers who aren't prejudiced.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:12:53 PM
At 6/18/2016 5:41:13 AM, Rukado wrote:

Also, I don't have any prejudices! I treat everyone equally, regardless of race, gender, height, age, religion, etc!
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 10:21:04 PM

Most of my teachers were hardcore 3rd wave feminists. They had temper tantrums about men getting preferential treatment and often made it a boys v. girls. They frequently avoided making women mad and often allowed things for girls that boys were immediately sent to the office for. Not to mention, one girl made some rather crude remarks to me and my friends last year (most of which were female) and I told her to shut up and she said more crude things. After 6 months of her, I snapped and started screaming bloody murder at her. She called me even more crude names and then her and her friends went and told a teacher on me. I was threatened with detention and even suspension, despite my friends and I both protesting the truth. I was made to apologize to them. and then the next day they moved away from where we ate and then spread rumors about me. I was labeled misogynistic for firing back. And that was ONE instance.
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 10:47:39 PM
At 6/18/2016 10:21:04 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Most of my teachers were hardcore 3rd wave feminists. They had temper tantrums about men getting preferential treatment and often made it a boys v. girls. They frequently avoided making women mad and often allowed things for girls that boys were immediately sent to the office for. Not to mention, one girl made some rather crude remarks to me and my friends last year (most of which were female) and I told her to shut up and she said more crude things. After 6 months of her, I snapped and started screaming bloody murder at her. She called me even more crude names and then her and her friends went and told a teacher on me. I was threatened with detention and even suspension, despite my friends and I both protesting the truth. I was made to apologize to them. and then the next day they moved away from where we ate and then spread rumors about me. I was labeled misogynistic for firing back. And that was ONE instance.

I'm sorry to hear that. That must have REALLY sucked! You know, you have every right to report your sexist/misandrist teachers to the principal. The principal is very likely to take you seriously.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 10:57:02 PM
At 6/18/2016 10:47:39 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/18/2016 10:21:04 PM, TheChristian wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. That must have REALLY sucked! You know, you have every right to report your sexist/misandrist teachers to the principal. The principal is very likely to take you seriously.

Different school now. Also, I got on her bad side pretty early in the year...

My new principal is on my "Short list of people that should be glad that I am not dictator of America" because he is extremely homophobic, racist, and sexist, though improvably so.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 10:57:15 PM
At 6/18/2016 9:12:53 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
Also, I don't have any prejudices! I treat everyone equally, regardless of race, gender, height, age, religion, etc!

None of your teacher treat people equally... and I don't believe you do, either.

Are you willing to back up what you say? Do you want to end all "diversity" efforts, which are efforts designed to treat certain groups better than others? Are you against "Black History month" and "Black Lives Matter", two things overtly dedicated to unequal treatment of races? Do you want universities to stop giving free points toward admission to blacks? Do you want businesses to stop practicing "Affirmative Action", hiring preferences for blacks and women?

Are you against the current practice of forcing whites to subsidize health insurance for blacks, and men to subsidize health insurance for women? Or, do you think insurance companies should, or at least should be allowed to, charge premiums to people based on their history of insurance claims regardless of race and sex?
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 12:04:23 AM
At 6/18/2016 10:57:15 PM, Rukado wrote:
At 6/18/2016 9:12:53 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

None of your teacher treat people equally... and I don't believe you do, either.

Are you willing to back up what you say? Do you want to end all "diversity" efforts, which are efforts designed to treat certain groups better than others? Are you against "Black History month" and "Black Lives Matter", two things overtly dedicated to unequal treatment of races? Do you want universities to stop giving free points toward admission to blacks? Do you want businesses to stop practicing "Affirmative Action", hiring preferences for blacks and women?

Are you against the current practice of forcing whites to subsidize health insurance for blacks, and men to subsidize health insurance for women? Or, do you think insurance companies should, or at least should be allowed to, charge premiums to people based on their history of insurance claims regardless of race and sex?

Well, many teachers do treat people equally and I do treat everyone equally, as unbelievable as it may sound.

YES, I am against the current practice of forcing whites to subsidize health insurance for blacks, which is racist, and the current practice of forcing men to subsidize health insurance for women, which is sexist.

I think insurance companies would be better off charging fees to people based on their history of insurance claims because at least that's not being unfair to people or discriminating against anyone.

How on earth is Black History Month dedicated to the unequal treatment of races?! It's just a month where black people celebrate all the wonderful black people who have helped our society in many ways such as scientific discoveries, decreasing hatred towards minorities, and achieving great things.

Black Lives Matter should be changed to All Lives Matter! I agree that universities should not give special treatment to people just because of their race, gender, etc. Universities should accept people who worked hard in schools, not people who had a certain skin color.

Yes, I agree that universities should not be biased and hire preferences for blacks and females because that's racist and sexist.