Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Lack of Black Teachers In U.S. Schools

Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?
TheWorldIsComplicated
Posts: 38
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:09:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

Most of the time it has little to with race. They just accept people who are the most qualified, sometimes its blacks sometimes it whites. What matters is that they are properly educating their students.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:19:24 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 1:09:43 AM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

Most of the time it has little to with race. They just accept people who are the most qualified, sometimes its blacks sometimes it whites. What matters is that they are properly educating their students.

Okay. I see your point. I just wanted to know if this is done on purpose or not. I agree that the teachers should properly educate their students.
David_Debates
Posts: 248
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:30:31 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

They probably don't want to be public employees that teach high schoolers. I know that doesn't go for all of them (there are some black teachers), but it seems to be a coincidence or a social trend for white, old men to teach chemistry, mathematics, you name it. I don't think it's a conspiracy theory or anything like that.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 3:57:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

You are the problem
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:00:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

You just went full SJW, nice job, retard.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:06:15 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 3:57:13 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

You are the problem

I wasn't saying anything racist! I was just asking a question!
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 9:53:59 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 4:06:15 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/30/2016 3:57:13 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

You are the problem

I wasn't saying anything racist! I was just asking a question!

I can think of nothing more racist than quotas of people based on their skin color. What education needs is diversity in thinking. I don't care if they are all Asian as long as they all think differently and have different perspectives other than the lame liberal perspective for everything..
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 1:53:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 9:53:59 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/30/2016 4:06:15 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/30/2016 3:57:13 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

You are the problem

I wasn't saying anything racist! I was just asking a question!

I can think of nothing more racist than quotas of people based on their skin color. What education needs is diversity in thinking. I don't care if they are all Asian as long as they all think differently and have different perspectives other than the lame liberal perspective for everything..

Every student has a different way of thinking so diversity in thinking is pretty much a guarantee!
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:05:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 1:53:34 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/30/2016 9:53:59 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/30/2016 4:06:15 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/30/2016 3:57:13 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

You are the problem

I wasn't saying anything racist! I was just asking a question!

I can think of nothing more racist than quotas of people based on their skin color. What education needs is diversity in thinking. I don't care if they are all Asian as long as they all think differently and have different perspectives other than the lame liberal perspective for everything..

Every student has a different way of thinking so diversity in thinking is pretty much a guarantee!

I am not talking about the students. I am talking about the teachers that influence their way of thinking. The teaching has 0 diversity in thinking. The education system is comprised of 95% liberal ideology teachers.

https://mic.com...

"Most professors, however, will deny that there's a lack of diversity and claim that a wide range of political viewpoints is present at most of our educational institutions. Unfortunately for these professors, facts are indeed stubborn things.

Building off of this summer's revelation that government lawyers gave to the Obama campaign at rates of 95% and above, and amid ongoing lawsuits brought by conservative professors who have been discriminated against due to their viewpoint in states from coast to coast, the recent revelation of college professors' campaign contributions reveals they are possibly even more liberal than conservatives could have imagined.

Masha Shapiro at OpenSecrets.org breaks down the data aggregated by the Center for Responsive Politics, pointing out that professors at four-year institutions, medical schools, and law schools donated most overwhelmingly to Democrats in the 2012 election cycle. Not only have professors given to Democrats wholesale, but total contributions from the education sector have increased in recent years. Shapiro points out, "During the 2012 cycle, contributions from the sector totaled $64.7 million. That's a 323% increase over 2000, when the total was just $15.3 million."

Law school employees gave 87% of their political contributions to Democratic or liberal campaigns and committees in the 2012 elections. Medical school employees gave 81% of theirs to left-leaning causes. Additionally, 81% of contributions from those employed at four-year universities and even two-year community colleges went to Democrats or liberal campaigns and committees."
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Hiu
Posts: 1,015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 5:28:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

Don't worry about the idiotic responses you get here.

With respect to your question there could be a variety of reasons as to why they lack minority teachers. For one, it could be because of the school district you live in. Or it could be the lack of potential teachers applying to your school.
BillSPrestonEsq
Posts: 137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:25:22 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

http://blackdemographics.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Blacks make up only 12% of the US population, that probably has a lot to do with it.
Robkwoods
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 3:35:46 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/5/2016 11:25:22 PM, BillSPrestonEsq wrote:
At 6/28/2016 9:19:59 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
My high school is very diverse and I love that because there's less racism.

Teacher-wise, it's not so diverse. My school only has about one black teacher. There are a few Asian and Hispanic teachers here and there but about 95% of the teachers are white.

This isn't what I would call a problem but more like a curiosity. Why do many schools, specifically schools in the US, have a lack of teachers of minority races and a majority of white teachers? Is this intentional or just pure coincidence?

http://blackdemographics.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Blacks make up only 12% of the US population, that probably has a lot to do with it.

It would appear that equality is not the actual goal. Stop will all your logic and facts.