Jump to topic:

Would you go against your beliefs for college

Bluepaintcan123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 9:45:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
It has been a thousand years since I've been on this site but I might as well use it for this important question. I am against mainstream social justice (radial SJW's, radical feminism, etc.) and despise the things that they say about sexy women (especially since I am a woman, though not sexy) and men in general.
I am at an age where I need to start applying for scholarships and there are some that will offer a few thousand,-if I do things like "demand more non-sexy costume choices in the women's section." (Stupid since there are many non sexy choices, but I guess reality doesn't matter when a hot woman is involved.)

Would you be greedy and take the scholarship? Or would you stand by your belief and say no?
-Blue
JulieScott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 3:27:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
YEP! I always thought, that you should study hard and everything do by yourself. But I had so much work to do lately, so never had time for writing those damn essays. Decided to buy essays here(http://bestessay.education...) instead of writing them by myself... Went against my beliefs.
Thoguth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2016 9:44:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Hm, I thought this was going to be about really hard beliefs, like would you deny your religion or something... if it's just about acting a little more SJW-ish than I am naturally (I'm surprisingly not a zero there, but pretty low and maybe even negative in some sub-areas of SJW thought). Yeah, I see nothing wrong with that, but I would be careful--when your livelihood depends on you acting like you believe a certain thing, it changes you. Not it can or might change you ... it will change you, if you become accustomed to living by a certain fake rule for long enough in your life.
Dialogue is the air that clear thinking breathes.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2016 9:04:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 9/30/2016 9:45:34 PM, Bluepaintcan123 wrote:
Would you be greedy and take the scholarship? Or would you stand by your belief and say no?

Accepting a scholarship is not greedy.

You should also probably learn sooner than later that you aren't going to agree with everything put forth by an agency or institution you belong to. But sometimes there is a line and it varies by individual. Personally I wouldn't attend St. John's or Seton Hall (for example) even if I received scholarships there, because those are Catholic institutions and I am not Catholic; in fact I am very critical of Catholicism. Yet the entire identity of those schools is rooted in their Catholicism, so I wouldn't feel comfortable attending.

However if I simply disagreed with a social policy of a school, I might suck it up and accept it -- maybe even challenge it while I was there. It depends on if you would fit in with the overall culture of the school.
ranar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 6:30:56 AM
Depreciation benefits realized through [url=http://www.labelsforeducation.com...]page[/url] and a 30% federal tax credit on solar equipment can lead to thousands of dollars in savings.
While the tax credits provide a short-term [url="http://www.signweb.com...;]teamwork[/url] to invest in solar equipment earlier, there are also significant long-term economic benefits.

The information presented here has been Music School for informational purposes only. First American does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice.
Take advantage of the flexible On-Demand technology refresh program, the Awesome Commitment system for long-term ownership.
Albert22smith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2017 8:19:23 AM
This is the best news I have read today. I am positive that the journal will have a positive impact on the lives of many youths who are the future leaders and members of the society. Apart from the journals, the youths can equip themselves with skills and knowledge through education and they can always access urgent Entrepreneurship Thesis Paper Help at http://www.thesis-dissertationwritingservices.com... when they experience problems.
LucasGordon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2017 8:02:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
You should also probably learn sooner than later that you aren't going to agree with everything put forth by an agency or institution you belong to. But sometimes there is a line and it varies by individual.Writing a personal statement essay is generally pretty time-consuming and demanding. If you aren"t confident in your writing skills it can be even more difficult to accomplish.If you are looking for assistance you will likely find a number of different websites online advertising this particular service. Some are certainly better and more credible than others https://prowriterscenter.com... you submit your application for either business or academic purposes you will likely need to submit a personal statement.
David_Debates
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2017 6:16:22 PM
It has been a thousand years since I've been on this site but I might as well use it for this important question. I am against mainstream social justice (radial SJW's, radical feminism, etc.) and despise the things that they say about sexy women (especially since I am a woman, though not sexy) and men in general.
I am at an age where I need to start applying for scholarships and there are some that will offer a few thousand,-if I do things like "demand more non-sexy costume choices in the women's section." (Stupid since there are many non sexy choices, but I guess reality doesn't matter when a hot woman is involved.)

I wouldn't. If I thought something was wrong, and they told me they'd pay me to do so, I'd choose not to.

But if you honestly don't have a strong opinion, and are fine with changing your belief on the subject, then go for it. Just know that if you pretend to be someone you aren't for a long enough time, you will change who you are.
People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.
-Black Science Man
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2017 9:30:36 PM
Morality vs pragmatism. When I was 20yrs old I was a firebrand communist with all the old " up with the workers, down with the bosses " nonsense of the times. I was also an apprentice in my final year of college and was told if I completed the college courses I would, by law, be required to work at my foundry for 3 years. I launched into a ( very naive ) rant about slavery and the rights of the proletariat and I wouldn't complete college.
I was sent for by the Works manager who, instead of firing me, said that if I did as well as expected in my final tests my employers would send me to University. He explained that if I agreed it would mean a 5yr contract to work at my firm. I probably sprained his wrist shaking his hand and accepting the chance.
Having strong convictions is one thing but we have to take our chances as they are offered.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 3:32:22 PM

Take the stupid people's money
Athiest-Alien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 3:37:50 PM
For the sake of my education, I would choose to go against what I stand for and participate in a foolish campaign for SJW's, after that I would just go back to my old self.