"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 2:00:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You know Bonnaroo has completely sold out when Eminem and Lil Wayne are playing. As one of my friends pointed out - what hippie wants to shroom around at Bonnaroo and listen to Eminem yell about his baby mama drama?! I wouldn't mind a little hip-hop at Roo but damn.

Instead I'm probably gonna be going to Summercamp, a festie in Illinois at the end of May (http://www.summercampfestival.com...). My girlfriend is going to Burning Man in Nevada which is the one I really want to go to (so! jealous!) but it's at the end of August - September and I'll be in classes >.<

There might be some glitch in my schedule where I can't make it to Summercamp. If that's the case and I don't get to go to any festies this summer I'm gonna be pissed (wtf else are your 20's for)! In that case I might try to at least make it to a Phish concert with one of my friends or something :P I'm pretty sure lots of good shows, concerts and the like are in my very near future.
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 2:04:58 PM
At 2/16/2011 2:00:33 PM, theLwerd wrote:
You know Bonnaroo has completely sold out when Eminem and Lil Wayne are playing. As one of my friends pointed out - what hippie wants to shroom around at Bonnaroo and listen to Eminem yell about his baby mama drama?! I wouldn't mind a little hip-hop at Roo but damn.

Instead I'm probably gonna be going to Summercamp, a festie in Illinois at the end of May (http://www.summercampfestival.com...). My girlfriend is going to Burning Man in Nevada which is the one I really want to go to (so! jealous!) but it's at the end of August - September and I'll be in classes >.<

There might be some glitch in my schedule where I can't make it to Summercamp. If that's the case and I don't get to go to any festies this summer I'm gonna be pissed (wtf else are your 20's for)! In that case I might try to at least make it to a Phish concert with one of my friends or something :P I'm pretty sure lots of good shows, concerts and the like are in my very near future.

Yeah, I've wanted to go to Burning Man for years: friends of mine have been and I've heard the stories and seen the pictures, but it's not easy to escape from work. Still, you never know...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 5:32:24 PM
At 2/15/2011 1:48:47 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Black keys

no.. but I saw these guys there about 3 years ago :) they were grand.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 1:30:39 AM
At 2/16/2011 2:00:33 PM, theLwerd wrote:

So two artists put you off?
I don't really care if thats a sell out thing to do, I just want to see a lot of great bands.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:14:55 PM
At 2/17/2011 1:30:39 AM, lewis20 wrote:
I just want to see a lot of great bands.

I can understand that, but that's not what the culture of Bonnaroo evolved to be about. It was supposed to be more than just a concert but an experience. The vibe is going to be altered by not only those artists but the people (and their attitudes) who show up to see those artists. It's just sorta... spoiled.
President of DDO
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:54:54 PM
At 2/15/2011 1:48:47 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Anybody else going this year?
Eminem
Arcade Fire
Black keys
band of skulls
buffalo springfield with stephen stills and neil young
lil wayne
the strokes
mumford and sons
robert plant
gregg allman

actually too many good ones to type.
http://www.bonnaroo.com...

It looked fvcking awesome but I'm with Danielle... Eminem and Lil' Wayne?! At Bonnaroo?! C'mon...

I'll probably still go to see Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, Black Keyes, Band of Skulls and The Strokes but... Seriously? I am disappoint.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:05:25 PM
I'm looking at going to Sasquatch this year. Awesome lineup, but tickets are pretty ridiculous...
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 1:17:42 PM
At 2/17/2011 6:14:55 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 2/17/2011 1:30:39 AM, lewis20 wrote:
I just want to see a lot of great bands.

I can understand that, but that's not what the culture of Bonnaroo evolved to be about. It was supposed to be more than just a concert but an experience. The vibe is going to be altered by not only those artists but the people (and their attitudes) who show up to see those artists. It's just sorta... spoiled.

Just try and tell me that the hipsters that attend Bonnaroo and Coachella do not have a bad vibe and a spoiled attitude.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 2:29:12 PM
At 2/18/2011 1:17:42 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Just try and tell me that the hipsters that attend Bonnaroo and Coachella do not have a bad vibe and a spoiled attitude.

Yes. Those a-holes ruin everything too, and come around blasting their dubstep like they're so hardcore and own the place. I love dubstep - but those hipsters are tools. Summercamp in Illinois is a lot more grungey (dirty) so I doubt many hipsters will be there.
President of DDO
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 2:33:12 PM
every year i tell myself i should go to coachella, and every year i see the ticket price and change my mind >.<
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 8:14:01 PM
At 2/18/2011 2:29:12 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 2/18/2011 1:17:42 PM, zGodMode wrote:

Yes. Those a-holes ruin everything too, and come around blasting their dubstep like they're so hardcore and own the place. I love dubstep - but those hipsters are tools. Summercamp in Illinois is a lot more grungey (dirty) so I doubt many hipsters will be there.

Hipsters listen to indie more than dubstep. Hence Coachella. What you are referring to are tools. Tools/douchebags. There is a big difference.