askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 12:07:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't think it was bad either.

By the way I'm completely kidding and OP is a faggol
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 12:12:14 AM
At 3/21/2011 12:03:29 AM, Sniperjake1994 wrote:
I didn't think it was that bad. It was simply too repetitive and there wasn't much meaning to the song. Any ideas? Comments?

she sounded like she was pinching her nose...

the lyrics were not only repetitive.. they were Nonsense... and Completely unengaging... They're in the Front seat.. they're in the Baack seat.. which one should I chooose! lol

and... remember folks: Sunday comes Afteerrwaarrrdds!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 12:12:23 AM
At 3/21/2011 12:03:29 AM, Sniperjake1994 wrote:
I didn't think it was that bad. It was simply too repetitive and there wasn't much meaning to the song. Any ideas? Comments?

welcome to the outside of the closet
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 12:19:27 AM
drink a cup of bleach OP and further natural selection for our race.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 12:56:35 AM
At 3/21/2011 12:55:10 AM, WorshipTayuya wrote:
Rebecca is more popular than any of you are.

Case closed. ;D

Having a million people hate you is not popularity.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 12:59:58 AM
It is too Popularity! Hitler is popular for being so evil, and for his mustache, of course. Justin Bieber is hated more than he is loved, but he's super popular, same with that annoying Fred guy. And Rick Astley is popular, even though lots of people despise getting Rick Roll'd.

Millions of Views = Popularity
Millions of Views that leave people angered = Popularity

If someone watched the video with Rebecca Black sitting beside them, they wouldn't smash their faces in like they are now. The INternet is a place where you can vent your anger, and become the dick you trully want to be. :D
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:01:53 AM
At 3/21/2011 12:59:58 AM, WorshipTayuya wrote:
It is too Popularity! Hitler is popular for being so evil, and for his mustache, of course. Justin Bieber is hated more than he is loved, but he's super popular, same with that annoying Fred guy. And Rick Astley is popular, even though lots of people despise getting Rick Roll'd.

Millions of Views = Popularity
Millions of Views that leave people angered = Popularity

Popular: regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public

Infamous: known widely and usually unfavorably

She's infamous, not popular.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:04:18 AM
Popular: regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public

Infamy =/= Popularity.
Popularity means people are regarding her presence, and lots of people know she's there.
Infamy just means that all those people just happen to hate her.
She can be both Popular and infamous, it just means a lot of people know about her, and hate her.
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:05:52 AM
Song sucks. I honestly don't get the appeal.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:08:37 AM
Infamy =/= Popularity.
Popularity means people are regarding her presence, and lots of people know she's there.
She can be both Popular and infamous, it just means a lot of people know about her, and hate her.

The implicit point is that her popularity is vastly of disdain and ridicule. When someone is said to be popular, it is usually meant that there is at least some significant population who views them favorably - Rebecca Black, on the other hand, is in a polar opposite position.

Besides, even if she was liked by the majority of her viewers, it doesn't affect the conversation of our respective attitudes towards her. I think she's trash.
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:10:50 AM

The implicit point is that her popularity is vastly of disdain and ridicule. When someone is said to be popular, it is usually meant that there is at least some significant population who views them favorably - Rebecca Black, on the other hand, is in a polar opposite position.

Besides, even if she was liked by the majority of her viewers, it doesn't affect the conversation of our respective attitudes towards her. I think she's trash.

I agree, it's not very good, but it's not like she's the only bad person out there who's raked in tons of views. :/ Youtube is fullll of people who post stupid videos and gain world-wide popularity for it. Luckily, the truley greight videos are still at the top(Evolution of Dance, Charlie bit my Finger) ;D
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:13:13 AM
I'm not gonna lie, on Friday I changed my Facebook status to announce tomorrow was Saturday and Sunday comes afterward. The song is stuck in my head so mission accomplished, for her >.<
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:14:12 AM
At 3/21/2011 1:13:13 AM, nonentity wrote:
I'm not gonna lie, on Friday I changed my Facebook status to announce tomorrow was Saturday and Sunday comes afterward. The song is stuck in my head so mission accomplished, for her >.<

lol, see parody above
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:16:52 AM
At 3/21/2011 1:14:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:

lol, see parody above

Haha the parody is better than the original.
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:17:07 AM

I do that all the time! Even if the song is annoying and repetetive...Stuff gets stuck in my head easily. ~_-
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:24:38 AM
At 3/21/2011 1:04:18 AM, WorshipTayuya wrote:

Infamy =/= Popularity.

Yes, that's my entire point.

I didn't provide the definition of popular for fun -- I did it to make a point. Rebecca Black is not regarded with great favor. She is not popular.

Once again, I provided that definition of infamous.

No. They are mutually exclusive -- to be popular, you are generally liked. To be infamous, you are generally disliked. She is the latter.
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:28:33 AM
Gosh, so many arguements. I guess this is Debate.org after all. >:O

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean you're liked , although we do use it in that way a lot of the time.

The nerdiest kid in school that EVERYBODY picks on can be considered Popular, because everyone knows about him. Just because he isn't liked doesn't mean he isn't well-known, which is that being 'Popular' is all about.
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:33:28 AM
At 3/21/2011 1:28:33 AM, WorshipTayuya wrote:
Gosh, so many arguements. I guess this is Debate.org after all. >:O

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean you're liked , although we do use it in that way a lot of the time.

What part of the definition do you not understand?

Popular: commonly liked or approved
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Popular: Widely liked or appreciated
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

Popular: regarded with favor, approval, or affection by people in general
http://dictionary.reference.com...

So yes -- to be popular, you must be liked.

The nerdiest kid in school that EVERYBODY picks on can be considered Popular, because everyone knows about him. Just because he isn't liked doesn't mean he isn't well-known, which is that being 'Popular' is all about.

He might be well-known, but that doesn't make him popular. In fact, being "well-known" is synonymous for famous not popular.
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:37:56 AM
Dictionaries are meaningless. -_-

Words are used all the time in ways that the dictionary doesn't see fit. The Dictionary is like the government, trying to rule over the English language. >:I

If I want to call someone 'Popular' for being well-known, then most people would accept that view and realize what I mean. You just happen to be a dictionary-worm.
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:42:49 AM
At 3/21/2011 1:37:56 AM, WorshipTayuya wrote:

Actually, they are full of meaning -- of course, that is meaning through semantics.

Words are used all the time in ways that the dictionary doesn't see fit. The Dictionary is like the government, trying to rule over the English language. >:I

lolwut? If I were to use the word "cat" when I meant "doctor", would you deem that to be an appropriate use of the word? Of course not. Communication only works when there's a consensus on terms and definitions -- say what you mean, and mean what you say. Otherwise, no one will understand you or give a flying fvck about what you say.

If I want to call someone 'Popular' for being well-known, then most people would accept that view and realize what I mean. You just happen to be a dictionary-worm.

I just happen to be right.
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:44:14 AM
At 3/21/2011 1:42:49 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 1:37:56 AM, WorshipTayuya wrote:

Actually, they are full of meaning -- of course, that is meaning through semantics.

lolwut? If I were to use the word "cat" when I meant "doctor", would you deem that to be an appropriate use of the word? Of course not. Communication only works when there's a consensus on terms and definitions -- say what you mean, and mean what you say. Otherwise, no one will understand you or give a flying fvck about what you say.

Your arguement is invalid.
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:53:57 AM

There is no right or wrong, good or evil, universally favorable or unfavorable. It is all subjective.

THIS IS NIHILISM :p
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
WorshipTayuya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:57:23 AM

There is no right or wrong, good or evil, universally favorable or unfavorable. It is all subjective.

Word up! >:D
~~~Hail Tayuya!~~~
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:58:05 AM
At 3/21/2011 1:53:57 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Equivocation. I'm using "right" in the sense of logically consistent or "correct".

THIS IS FLAWED. :p