Jump to topic:

Chris Brown

SuzzaneO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:04:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Do you think Chris Brown was justified in his actions for getting upset on Good Morning America? I mean, the freaking guy has done everything that was asked of him after the assault, but no matter how he tries to move on, people WILL NOT let him forget it. He clearly has a temper and some issues, but I feel sorry for him. What do you think?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:12:12 AM
At 3/23/2011 10:04:06 AM, SuzzaneO wrote:
I feel sorry for him. What do you think?

I don't much care.. and don't think other people should either.

I'd rather talk about patterns of Abuse Generally.. than Chris brown

I think people who get all wrapped up in caring about celebrities are usually indulging in a petty and unhealthy addiction.. and should try to cut back.

Though I have my own unhealthy habits.. I thankfully don't have that one.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:16:57 AM
Do you think Chris Brown was justified in his actions for getting upset on Good Morning America? I mean, the freaking guy has done everything that was asked of him after the assault, but no matter how he tries to move on, people WILL NOT let him forget it. He clearly has a temper and some issues, but I feel sorry for him. What do you think?

I just YouTubed the incident. Apparently after being questioned about the Rihanna thing in the interview, he went to his dressing room, broke a window, then removed his shirt after being approached by producers and left the show, completely skipping his scheduled performance.

No, I don't think Chris Brown was justified at all one iota in doing what he did. What an immature spoiled little bitch. Going back to the assault, obviously I'm against what he did and think it was a heinous crime. However I admit that he did everything asked of him, and moreover was forced to re-live his mistake through the public eye. That's gotta suck. While his actions were more than uncalled for, let's not pretend Chris is one in a million doing this. It does suck that people won't let him put it behind him despite all his efforts.

However, being a celebrity and expecting to make money off the public means you have to answer to the public. He agreed to do the interview because he wanted to promote his new album, correct? And Good Morning America agreed to do the interview because they want good ratings, for people to watch their show, etc. An anchor asking the question that's on everyone's mind - the elephant in the room - is just doing their job. Chris Brown cannot fault them for that, and he had absolutely no right whatsoever to destroy other people's property because of it!

The fact that he stormed out, blowing off producers and ditching his performance just proves how UNPROFESSONAL he is. He's what - 23 years old going on 16? He'd like for everyone to think he's all grown up and matured, but clearly he's not. If he truly wanted to put this behind him, all he could do is wait it out and respond the questions asked truthfully, humbly and with humility. A sincere apology would have been more than adequate, even if it's for the umpeteenth time. People DO forget and move on as well as forgive (think of Michael Vick and other celeb fvck-ups), but all he did was delay the process and just make himself look like a douche again.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:23:13 AM
At 3/23/2011 10:16:57 AM, Danielle wrote:
People DO forget and move on as well as forgive (think of Michael Vick and other celeb fvck-ups)

that was the one public situation which I talked a lot about..

Mostly b/c people generally just smoothed over his douchebaggedness... which I find unacceptable, and worthy of discussion.

I don't care much to discuss Particular douchebags.. but with the Common acceptance of Vick as simply "having made bad choices".. and having "paid his debt" I can't help myself but point out that no matter if he "pays time" or not.. He's still a d-bag.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 8:59:59 PM

I don't think it matters how much he apologized or "made up for it." People won't forgive him for like 20 years, until it's clear he's grown up and this was just a youthful mistake. He doesn't really seem to have seriously changed given his anger issues are still apparent.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 2:10:10 AM
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 2:15:00 AM

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 2:24:07 AM

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 5:08:29 PM
At least everyone should know that beating someone, especially a female, that way is idiotic. He should collect himself. His reaction to what the interviewee asked about is not justified, but it is understandable. Controlling yourself is important. Don't expect people not to bring it up over and over again. People love gossiping about the celebrities, and this was a case which everyone likes to make a scandal out of over and over again. He wronged when he smashed Rihanna, he wronged when overreacting to a question, but people ask for it, and he should try to get used to it. Again, his reaction is understandable - he obviously regrets what he has done, and maybe he still feels something for his former girlfriend, but i doesn't mean he can justify ruining what belongs to others.