Jump to topic:

Should I buy a Nintendo 3DS?

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 12:11:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is more a question of whether or not I should get one now, or wait until the price drops. How long it's going to take for the price to go down is a factor and I don't know how long that will take.

I want opinions and input.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 12:31:47 PM
At 3/27/2011 12:14:56 PM, mongeese wrote:
Personally, I'm waiting until Ocarina of Time 3DS comes out.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I don't currently have a DS due to mine mysteriously disappearing.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 12:36:14 PM
I can tell you right now that knowing Nintendo there isn't going to be a price drop any time soon. This got more pre-orders than the Wii did, why would they drop the price?
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:19:34 PM
I'm buying it now because I doubt I will be able to get my hands on it for a while when the gams I actually want will be out. Seriously they made sh!t launch titles, just sh!t.

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:21:41 PM
Also, I don't know about you, but I think it looks sort of like... "We're going to make this look sort of clunky so we can put out a slick looking one later for more sales."

Go look at the first generation DS, if you don't know what they look like. I don't want to get stuck with the 3DS equivalent of that. :(
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 2:32:04 PM
At 3/27/2011 1:21:41 PM, Denote wrote:
Also, I don't know about you, but I think it looks sort of like... "We're going to make this look sort of clunky so we can put out a slick looking one later for more sales."

Go look at the first generation DS, if you don't know what they look like. I don't want to get stuck with the 3DS equivalent of that. :(

No matter how slick they make it they are going to make a slicker one. And hey I stll have my original DS.

mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 4:20:28 PM
A Nintendo employee in an interview or something said that the 3DS is currently packed with gizmos, and they used all of the space-saving tricks in the DS Lite and DSi in the 3DS.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 4:23:18 PM
At 3/27/2011 1:21:41 PM, Denote wrote:

True, I'm probably better off buying a used DS now for cheap and a newer version of the 3DS a in a while.