Jump to topic:

Feel Sorry For Charlie Sheen?

SuzzaneO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 9:40:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why would anyone feel sorry for Charlie Sheen? WHo cares if he's getting booed off-stage. And what celebrity obsessed side-shows actually bought tickets thinking his show would be good? Seriously, what in the hell did people expect?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 10:03:31 AM
At 4/11/2011 9:40:48 AM, SuzzaneO wrote:
Why would anyone feel sorry for Charlie Sheen?:

Probably in the same sense that someone feels sorry for someone else having schizophrenia.

Call me an armchair psychologist, but his behavior seems indicative of manic depression, and what you've been seeing is the result of a manic episode, which can last for weeks. When it crashes and it shifts to a depressive state, you won't hear these same rants. In fact, you won't hear anything else until the wave crests with another manic episode.

Regardless, I personally don't feel sorry for him, but if we can conclusively determine that he does have manic depression, I might be more inclined to give him a tiny bit more leeway with his delusions of grandeur.

But make no mistake... Charlies Sheen is nucking futs!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 6:13:46 PM
I don't think it's schizophrenia per se.

I mean, think about it, this all happened after Sheen was fired from his job which was basically to be the only reason to watch Two and a Half Men. After this he adopts various phrases and words that he clearly believes hold some deeper meaning, such examples are warlock, winning, his own surname, and so on.

Now, this is a classic example of someone trying to convce themselves that they are better than what they have depended on for so long. Getting fired f*cking sucks, and it's natural to say "well f*ck you too" however, remember, Sheen is used to an audience albeit one that he can't see which is possibly why his "tour" bombed like the luftwaffe in everything aside from getting his "girlfriends" to kiss on sta. Yeah, totally not doing that for the sake of their own fame, huh Sheeny?

Still you have to give his persistence credit. When Jacko went mental, people pretty much lined up to take the piss, now Sheen may not have dangled a baby out a window (for that matter, what idiot left Jacko alone with a baby?) but he did end up waving a goddamn machete around like it was his wang, while his vagina-wielding buddies were within decapitation range too, hell, if he'd even dropped the damn thing he could have hurt someone, rememr that this is a man who has taken to serious drinking and cocaine use and he was waving a motherf*cking machete around on a rooftop. I mean come on.

The signs of his smuf self-superiority are evident, a fantastic example being his "winning recipies" cooking show, wherein he smokes. Not a big deal, right? Except in case you forgot, network producers are kind of edgy around cigarettes being portrayed as cool, and as far as Sheeny's concerned, he's the coolest motherf*cker on the planet right now.

Schizoprenia, if my old psychology teacher is to be believed. (well actually we only had him for science, but he taught psychology too) is a mostly introverted mental sickness. While it has symptoms, they tend to manifest more in how the victim acts when alone and when nobody is paying attention rather than when someone is. Sheen's symptoms are the opposite, he seeks constant attention and if he can't get it then he uses his elite titty soldiers to get it for him.

Frankly I think the guy probably suffers more from ADHD than he does schizoprenia, but while I'll concede that I'm no doctor, I do think his behaviour at very points to something other than something so simple. At the very least I think it's worth giving the guy what he wants, namely an outlet, if only for the purpose of letting him get it out of his system so he can drift back to semi-obscurity and we can back to jerking off to Bree Olsen without feeling guilty about the fact that at this rate, she may soon be dead. If not from cocaine abuse than because Charlie was too high to be able to tell the difference between the female orgasm and the female reaction to being stabbed.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 6:26:57 PM
He's not a manic depressive. He clearly doesn't have schizophrenia. Probably not bi-polar either. Vi_Veri (a fellow neuroscience major) pointed this out in another thread: it's cocaine psychosis. Plain and simple.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 6:29:37 PM
At 4/11/2011 10:03:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote
Regardless, I personally don't feel sorry for him, but if we can conclusively determine that he does have manic depression, I might be more inclined to give him a tiny bit more leeway with his delusions of grandeur.

I think it's a drug induced mania rather than manic depression. However when one becomes as addicted and engrossed in it as he is, then it becomes a full blown mental condition. He's definitely a sick guy, but it seems self-induced rather than biological.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 6:30:23 PM
Haha yeah, just saw Kenyon's post.

And edit: drug problems are biological, duh, but you know what I mean.
President of DDO
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 6:42:37 PM
At 4/11/2011 6:29:37 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/11/2011 10:03:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote

I think it's a drug induced mania rather than manic depression. However when one becomes as addicted and engrossed in it as he is, then it becomes a full blown mental condition. He's definitely a sick guy, but it seems self-induced rather than biological.

He probably had serious ego issues to begin with, though. When you're rich and famous, you get to pretty much surround yourself with people who tell you exactly what you want to hear and constantly re-affirm your belief that you're the greatest Vatican assassin/martian rockstar on the planet.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:34:35 AM
I feel like this suzzane person is interrogator's sister.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.