Jump to topic:

Good TV Shows

TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2009 2:55:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm currently at a loss of T.V. shows to watch (besides waiting for it to release an episode per week, how boring!).

Can anyone suggest any shows for me to watch? Pwetty pwetty please?
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2009 3:09:48 PM
At 4/4/2009 3:00:06 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
Don't watch T.V.

Bahaha TV? I use the sexy Internet.

Go to your room.

Exactly where I am right now :)

Study; do homework.

Math? Check. Physics? Check. English? Check. Political Science? Check.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2009 5:15:25 PM
Do you or would you consider watching anime? Most shows come in ~13 and ~25 episode seasons and I'm sure I could name some shows you'd like. Don't disregard the idea just because of the crap you see on places like Adult Swim.

What genre of shows do you like in general? Comedies? Police Dramas? Mysteries? Supernatural fantasy stuff?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2009 10:25:26 PM
My go-to recommendations are always Lost and The Office but they're both many seasons in. The Big Bang Theory is only on it's second season and provides some easy, geeky laughs.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2009 2:40:12 PM
American office or English office?

Choose your next words wisely.....
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2009 2:42:25 PM
Both are funny.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2009 4:57:44 PM
At 4/14/2009 2:40:12 PM, Nik wrote:

I've never seen the British version, though I've heard good things and plan to watch it eventually.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2009 11:24:11 PM
The Office (US) (good, but you will want to watch the first 4 seasons. You'll still get the storyline but its some parts you want to watch from the start.)
If you ask me, I would just get seasons 1-4, watch them, wait for season 5 to finish, watch that, and start on season 6.

OR

You could torrent everything, watch it, and jump in now.

Chuck (Kinda geeky and funny)

The Big Bang Theory
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2009 11:28:44 PM
At 4/14/2009 4:57:44 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/14/2009 2:40:12 PM, Nik wrote:

I've never seen the British version, though I've heard good things and plan to watch it eventually.

Even as an American I think the British version is immeasurably better. The humor is more subtle, and it doesn't have Steve Carrell in it.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2009 11:37:27 PM
At 4/4/2009 5:15:25 PM, s0m31john wrote:
Do you or would you consider watching anime? Most shows come in ~13 and ~25 episode seasons and I'm sure I could name some shows you'd like. Don't disregard the idea just because of the crap you see on places like Adult Swim.

I'm fine with anime, though admittingly I barely watch any. As long as they don't reiterate the same formula over and over again as they do in those big mainstream ones (the hero meets an opponent, fights him, almost dies, gets some lame revelation, and kicks the opponent's butt - repeat process with next opponent).

Also, anything with some philosophy embedded would always be cool, though my hopes are up since 1. doubt there's many and 2. probably would use the same tired themes of consequentialism vs. deontology.

What genre of shows do you like in general? Comedies? Police Dramas? Mysteries? Supernatural fantasy stuff?

I'm open to anything really. As long as it isn't MTV Hills, or something X_X

Thanks!
asiansarentnerdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2009 10:47:13 AM
Why can't you just watch TV on your computer? hulu.com has alot of TV shows, but you can watch nearly every show you see on TV on the Internet.
And I like South Park and Punk'd
I'm asian.
porkbunlover
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2009 8:46:19 AM
If you don't have a lot of time to watch TV and just watch it at random times, I would suggest shows such as SNL, late night shows, the Simpsons and Better Off Ted. For long running shows, House for sure.
i_defy_the_norm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2009 11:51:07 AM
At 4/14/2009 11:24:11 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:

Chuck (Kinda geeky and funny)

Did you know NBC wasn't sure if they were going to bring Chuck back? So now there is no more My Name is Earl, but thankfully Chuck is safe. However, there is a catch. The famous Buy More geeks are not going to be seen as often. It had something to do with a budget cut.

We can attribute these lovely changes to the fact that Jay Leno will be taking an hour slot Mon-Fri....how depressing. I mean I like Jay, but it annoys me because I loved My Name is Earl....sad.
I can't defy gravity (I'm actually quite clumsy), but I can defy the norm. Try to stand out.