Background Music

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 4:30:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Top it
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 4:24:11 AM
Just so you all know, calling a composer's work "background music" is about the most insulting thing you can possibly say if the composition in question wasn't intended to be background music.

Composers tend to dig it when people actually sit in a dark room, and listen to their music through a high quality sound system with no distractions.

In todays society of kids with ADHD who listen to iPods while they multitask on things, music tends to be relegated to "background music".

People, especially of the younger generation, are so scatter brained, and I personally blame this on the fact that they are bombarded with stimuli, and haven't learned to stop and actually focus on the little details.

Oh yeah, and trust me when I say that marketing executives have taken notice of this. They can tell that most people are asleep.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 12:47:18 PM
At 5/27/2011 4:24:11 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Just so you all know, calling a composer's work "background music" is about the most insulting thing you can possibly say if the composition in question wasn't intended to be background music.

When I said background music I meant a movie scene is playing with no sounds except the music. The music is used to convey an emotion or feeling while the scene is progressing.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 12:48:41 PM
also wasn't a fan of anything freedo posted with the exceptions of the moonlight sonata which i already knew of
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 12:49:44 PM
At 5/27/2011 1:35:12 AM, belle wrote:
http://www.youtube.com...

take your pick.

this is great
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 1:57:27 AM
At 5/27/2011 12:49:44 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/27/2011 1:35:12 AM, belle wrote:
http://www.youtube.com...

take your pick.

this is great

yeah, einaudi is amazing. you really can't listen to him without picturing yourself floating in the middle of a calm ocean on a gorgeous day.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 10:11:38 AM
Generally not into rap/hip hop, but there are good exceptions. The song "It Was a Good Day" I heard in GTA - SA. It is a pleasure to have this as background music.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 10:12:56 AM
At 5/28/2011 10:11:38 AM, Mirza wrote:
Generally not into rap/hip hop, but there are good exceptions. The song "It Was a Good Day" I heard in GTA - SA. It is a pleasure to have this as background music.

no...just no.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 10:15:54 AM
At 5/28/2011 10:12:56 AM, askbob wrote:
At 5/28/2011 10:11:38 AM, Mirza wrote:

no...just no.
I know it's not the casual background music, but it brings nice feelings.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 10:20:00 AM
haha well that's great but I'm looking for music styled like satie. I wouldn't really think ice cube compares.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 10:27:25 AM
At 5/26/2011 4:30:46 PM, askbob wrote:

Top it:

One of my favorites
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 3:05:39 PM
At 5/28/2011 10:20:00 AM, askbob wrote:
haha well that's great but I'm looking for music styled like satie. I wouldn't really think ice cube compares.
The melody does.