Jump to topic:

Harry Potter vs. Star Wars

BillyJean
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:09:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I realized today while everyone has been flipping out about Harry Potter movies ending that these movies are probably this generation's Star Wars, which was my big movie. Which is better though? My vote is Harry Potter, even though I grew up loving Star Wars and still do. You just can't compete with the high quality of the books, followed by the high (not as high as the books, but still) quality of the movies. The original trilogy was awesome, but the prequels may have destroyed the Star Wars legacy. Three Words: Jar Jar Binx.
Sloppy Joes. Slop. Sloppy Joes.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 2:03:51 PM
At 7/15/2011 1:09:00 PM, BillyJean wrote:
I realized today while everyone has been flipping out about Harry Potter movies ending that these movies are probably this generation's Star Wars, which was my big movie. Which is better though? My vote is Harry Potter, even though I grew up loving Star Wars and still do. You just can't compete with the high quality of the books, followed by the high (not as high as the books, but still) quality of the movies. The original trilogy was awesome, but the prequels may have destroyed the Star Wars legacy. Three Words: Jar Jar Binx.

Wait until starwars 7 - 9 come out, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2011 4:04:01 AM
At 7/17/2011 4:00:08 AM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm taking a stand for Star Wars.

Well, at least the original trilogy, IV-VI.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2011 11:44:06 AM
I stopped reading harry potter after like the 3rd or 4th book, never seen the movies but I don't see how they can be any better than the books.
I thoroughly enjoy the original 3 Star Wars, not a fan of the new ones.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler