Down by the what?

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 5:31:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 5:24:58 PM, Lasagna wrote:
What's your vote? Down by the River? Or Down by the Water? Inquiring minds want to know...

Down by the Water.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 7:10:14 AM
River all the way. This is an excellent cover by the great uber-drummer Buddy Miles.

I guess both these song titles fall under a broader category of titles that refer to places of particular significance described in generic terms, like Under The Bridge and All Along The Watchtower.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 1:10:23 PM
I'm gonna have to go with River as well. Down by the water is my favorite song right now, but I've been through this enough times before to know that won't last. Down by the River has like an 8 minute guitar solo in it. Too cool.

Down by the River: 2 votes
Down by the Water: 1 vote
Rob
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 3:42:16 PM
Down On The Corner is just an undeniably catchy song with a chorus that begs you to sing a long, or at least bop your head/tap your feet in a rhythmic fashion.

Down With Disease is one of my least favorite songs by my absolute favorite band, but it does have two awesome "mini-solos" if you will, one very rock n roll solo from 2:27 - 2:45, and one more spacy, distinctly jam band solo that starts at 3:10 and goes until the end of the song. And the chorus, first from 1:00-1:25, is also pretty melodic and catchy if you ask me. An acquired taste for me though.

I nominate the former song.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 8:08:59 PM
Living in a van down by the river.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler