Michael Jackson or Prince ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 12:59:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/3/2011 12:52:21 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I'm going to have to go with Tchaikovsky.

Is it possible for you to go one day without saying something weird. I guess not.
Next.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 1:01:04 PM
At 8/3/2011 12:59:38 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/3/2011 12:52:21 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I'm going to have to go with Tchaikovsky.

Is it possible for you to go one day without saying something weird. I guess not.
Next.

Not weird if its true.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 2:00:39 PM
Prince is fvcking great, and is very underestimated for both his song writing and guitar playing. He's got a very unique approach to the guitar, which not many can boast.

He seems to get more attention for his eccentric behavior than his music though.

Don't get me wrong, I like Michael Jackson too, but not rockin' enough for me.

Another thing I like about Prince is that he can play the blues. Anyone can play the blues, but finding someone who can play it right is a pretty rare thing.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 2:05:15 PM
Plus, Prince's music is far more eclectic than MJs. Even though MJ is supposed to be a soul singer, Prince has so much soul that it's oozing out of his eyeballs.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 2:12:42 PM
At 8/3/2011 2:05:15 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Plus, Prince's music is far more eclectic than MJs. Even though MJ is supposed to be a soul singer, Prince has so much soul that it's oozing out of his eyeballs.

I would have to agree.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 4:15:31 AM
Totally different artists, Jacko wins on voice and moves, Prince certainly wins on creativity and straight up funkativity.

Should be pointed out that they've both recorded an awful lot of tripe pop, the epitomy of cheese in a bad way, as well as some great songs.

Personally I probably play and listen to more MJ, but that's partly down to the genius of the Quincey Jones production and arrangement on most of his classic era stuff.

If Prince and Quince had got together that would have been something.