Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Best Things To Watch/Listen To Stoned

jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:24:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are your favorite videos to watch (this includes random youtube videos and full length movies) and listen to while stoned?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:29:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If I were ever being stoned or punished to death, I'd ask the executioner to give me a dinner and than, while lying before the stones be thrown at me, to listen to this:

I'd say it would be mad world if I were ever stoned or condemned to die instead of living the allotted expanse of my life. But that's only fatalist talk...the real wold mind is (taps forehead) here...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:39:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If stoned, I'd probably be taking the rocks and throwing them back. I don't know about listening to music.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Christopheratheist
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 4:46:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:29:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
If I were ever being stoned or punished to death, I'd ask the executioner to give me a dinner and than, while lying before the stones be thrown at me, to listen to this:


I'd say it would be mad world if I were ever stoned or condemned to die instead of living the allotted expanse of my life. But that's only fatalist talk...the real wold mind is (taps forehead) here...

Why should it specifically be a mad world simply because your life was taken away? Does your argument then mean to say that the world is not mad despite the fact thousands are denied their allotted time, but as long as its not me.

As for the real world mind in your forehead, are you hinting towards Solipsism here maybe?
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 1:21:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:29:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
If I were ever being stoned or punished to death, I'd ask the executioner to give me a dinner and than, while lying before the stones be thrown at me, to listen to this:


I'd say it would be mad world if I were ever stoned or condemned to die instead of living the allotted expanse of my life. But that's only fatalist talk...the real wold mind is (taps forehead) here...

He meant high on marijuana.
ryan_thomas
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:41:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:24:55 PM, jat93 wrote:
What are your favorite videos to watch (this includes random youtube videos and full length movies) and listen to while stoned?

Bob Marley lol :)
All Hail Lord Ryan!
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:02:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 10:55:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I dare you to watch Waking Life while stoned.

*squinty eyes* I dare you...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 1:35:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 11:02:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/16/2011 10:55:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I dare you to watch Waking Life while stoned.

*squinty eyes* I dare you...

challenge accepted
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 1:59:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://bitURL.net...

Weird but awesome techno mix that lasts about a minute. Would probably be really intense while high.

Starts at 1:18, but I've already linked in the time.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 2:53:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 1:59:15 AM, BlackVoid wrote:


Weird but awesome techno mix that lasts about a minute. Would probably be really intense while high.

Starts at 1:18, but I've already linked in the time.

I think my ears just orgasmed.

Anyways, to answer OP, this trumps all:
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:05:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/15/2011 4:46:01 AM, Christopheratheist wrote:
At 8/14/2011 9:29:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
If I were ever being stoned or punished to death, I'd ask the executioner to give me a dinner and than, while lying before the stones be thrown at me, to listen to this:


I'd say it would be mad world if I were ever stoned or condemned to die instead of living the allotted expanse of my life. But that's only fatalist talk...the real wold mind is (taps forehead) here...

Why should it specifically be a mad world simply because your life was taken away? Does your argument then mean to say that the world is not mad despite the fact thousands are denied their allotted time, but as long as its not me.
It depends on the outlook from the individual, but not from an objective stance.

As for the real world mind in your forehead, are you hinting towards Solipsism here maybe?
Yes....I'm using the old line of reasoning that, whatever we perceive is due to our own mind and process of thought...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:08:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 10:42:11 AM, Mirza wrote:
Man-is-good's post fails so hard, it made my day!

But very nice song, Mad World is very relaxing and beautiful.

This is the consequence of not knowing slang...Apparently, to be 'stoned' means to be high or to have consumed marijuana. In fact, "stoned: under the influence of marijuana." (http://onlineslangdictionary.com...)

So, in that light, I'll just post an alternative song to fit my mood when I have inebriated or subjected myself to the influence of marijuana...: It is an aria to the Queen of Heaven, and is a fitting, celestial, and somewhat surreal, song that I'd love to listen to...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:46:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Thanks for the update captain obvious.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:57:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Who cares? It shouldn't be.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 4:11:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 3:46:10 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Thanks for the update captain obvious.

lol nothing kills me like sarcasm.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 4:11:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 3:57:47 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Who cares? It shouldn't be.

I respectfully disagree.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 6:39:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 4:11:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/17/2011 3:57:47 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Who cares? It shouldn't be.

I respectfully disagree.

And I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. I'd personally never want to do drugs, but clearly they should all be legalized.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 6:49:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 6:39:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/17/2011 4:11:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/17/2011 3:57:47 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Who cares? It shouldn't be.

I respectfully disagree.

And I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. I'd personally never want to do drugs, but clearly they should all be legalized.

care to debate that?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 6:58:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 6:49:00 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/17/2011 6:39:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/17/2011 4:11:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/17/2011 3:57:47 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 8/17/2011 12:42:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hopefully you all don't live in the U.S, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Who cares? It shouldn't be.

I respectfully disagree.

And I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. I'd personally never want to do drugs, but clearly they should all be legalized.

care to debate that?

To be honest, school (which just started today) hit me hard. Like, really hard. I'll have to take a hiatus from debating (I'll be lucky to avoid forfeiting my one current debate). BUT, I would be willing to forum-discuss.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 2:59:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/17/2011 2:53:09 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 8/17/2011 1:59:15 AM, BlackVoid wrote:


Weird but awesome techno mix that lasts about a minute. Would probably be really intense while high.

Starts at 1:18, but I've already linked in the time.

I think my ears just orgasmed.

Anyways, to answer OP, this trumps all:

Hell yeah. I had put this in my "stoned" playlist that I officially tested out last night, and it was amazing. Hate to sound all cliche'd but I felt like I was back in the 60s and stuff. Also, Free Bird was ridiculously awesome.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 5:20:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know about stoned, I'm not into all that malarkey, but this is in the French charts at the moment and is very agreeable after a few glasses of rosé.

It sounds a bit soppy to begin with but give it a chance, it'll grow on you.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:19:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 10:55:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I dare you to watch Waking Life while stoned.

I've never watched that movie while not stoned, and I think that's the reason why I can't remember a bit of it.

Anyway, here are some videos on Youtube I used to watch when I was an avid consumer of trees.

Also, make sure to watch in HD when you can, sound quality is better. If you have a really good pair of headphones(like some Grado SR-60s at the very least, they are cheap and sound like ear sex), that is the optimal way to go abouts it.

And then, I would recommend going out and buying every album in the "You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore" series from Frank Zappa. If that music doesn't blow your mind, you should probably just quit smoking weed, get addicted to heroin, and kill yourself for having such sh!tty taste in music.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:33:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/22/2011 12:20:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I dont smoke pot but I LOVE jerry was a racecar driver.

Primus sucks
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 12:37:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh sh!t, I completely forgot.

^
At least once during the day, you are required to listen to this while toking.

Reeferman law, don't question it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:30:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/20/2011 2:59:44 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 8/17/2011 2:53:09 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 8/17/2011 1:59:15 AM, BlackVoid wrote:


Weird but awesome techno mix that lasts about a minute. Would probably be really intense while high.

Starts at 1:18, but I've already linked in the time.

I think my ears just orgasmed.

Anyways, to answer OP, this trumps all:

Hell yeah. I had put this in my "stoned" playlist that I officially tested out last night, and it was amazing. Hate to sound all cliche'd but I felt like I was back in the 60s and stuff. Also, Free Bird was ridiculously awesome.

Yo welcome! :P