Jump to topic:

The Dumbest Movie idea in History

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:17:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Good lord, its a movie about a dolphin that lost its tail, but can still swim.....what a shocker, its made by the same filmmakers as the Blind Side. Am I the only one who can't stand these overly emotional animal movies?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:41:06 PM
At 8/29/2011 6:17:18 PM, 000ike wrote:
Good lord, its a movie about a dolphin that lost its tail, but can still swim.....what a shocker, its made by the same filmmakers as the Blind Side. Am I the only one who can't stand these overly emotional animal movies?

Well, I can't really either: those films are too treacly and annoying, with their inevitable happy ending and moral message.

But there are even worse movie ideas, many of which come from the worst of movies of all time:

•Have three extraterrestrial beings in a spaceship that can cast shadows on planets in orbit revive three zombies and think they're on their way to their world domination (Plan Nine from Outer Space)
•Have Santa Clause, and his minions, face the Martians in the North Pole (Santa Clause Meets the Martians)
•Have a cult leader who worships some mysterious deity, and has a following of women, plan to sleep in a crypt in a rural neighbor and yet have powerful abilities of mind control (Manos: the Hands of Fate)

Note: these all come from some of the worst movies of all time, with stories so convoluted and ridiculous that they can be considered 'dumb'.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 2:15:48 AM
Really, I think movies like this are aimed at a younger audience, but judging by the trailer it doesn't look THAT bad. It could be much worse. Case in point: http://www.imdb.com...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 9:56:35 AM
At 8/31/2011 2:31:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I wouldn't go that far.

Why not? The supposed message there is supposed to be hope and determination, yet, the only thing that makes the stupid dolphin swim in the first place is an operation with a robotic tail, not some inspiring tenacity to live. As if hundreds of dolphins don't die every day. The idea of making a story where a whole family has nothing else better to do than to worry and dramatize over a small sea mammal is why I find this movie so dumb. Of course plot isn't everything, acting too.... look and count how many times they all pretend to cry over a random animal in that trailer.

And I liked the Blind Side.

The movie was cliche and predictable.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 12:38:03 PM
You need to get out more. A dolphin losing its tail isn't a bad movie idea. However Both the Board game Battleship and Monopoly have movies coming out. Battleship is post production and stars Liam Nesson. Monopoly is being directed by Ridley Scott
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 4:42:44 PM
At 8/31/2011 12:38:03 PM, MarquisX wrote:
You need to get out more. A dolphin losing its tail isn't a bad movie idea. However Both the Board game Battleship and Monopoly have movies coming out. Battleship is post production and stars Liam Nesson. Monopoly is being directed by Ridley Scott

Seriously? I think this really confirms Hollywood is out of ideas. I heard Rihanna will be in the Battleship movie too, urgh.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:00:43 AM

First off
Don't go knocking the Blindside that is a real movie I Love that movie just cause Michael Oher is a real football player right now and is doing really well.

2nd, This is a movie designed to appeal to children not teens or adults. Kids like animals, parents like to see their kids happy. Its not anymore ridiculous than a movie about secret agent guinea pigs, or singing chipmunks.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:12:36 AM
At 9/2/2011 1:00:43 AM, Loserboi wrote:

First off
Don't go knocking the Blindside that is a real movie I Love that movie just cause Michael Oher is a real football player right now and is doing really well.

2nd, This is a movie designed to appeal to children not teens or adults. Kids like animals, parents like to see their kids happy. Its not anymore ridiculous than a movie about secret agent guinea pigs, or singing chipmunks.

Its not a little kid movie genius, its supposed to appeal to a general audience (I didn't derive that from the rating, it really is). Movies like this have no specific target audience but rather one thats inclusive of most age ranges. The trailer would not have been structured like that if it was supposed to appeal to only a younger audience. Two, the Blind Side sucked,....extremely bad. It was cliche beyond reason.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 4:20:39 PM
At 9/2/2011 1:12:36 AM, 000ike wrote:

Its not a little kid movie genius, its supposed to appeal to a general audience (I didn't derive that from the rating, it really is). Movies like this have no specific target audience but rather one thats inclusive of most age ranges. The trailer would not have been structured like that if it was supposed to appeal to only a younger audience. Two, the Blind Side sucked,....extremely bad. It was cliche beyond reason.

Only kids will be interested in a dolphin movie... aside from like PETA people. Blindside is a movie about a actual football players life I don't know how you can hate on that movie saying its cliche when his life was like that. It's not anymore more predictable than Finding Nemo (He finds his dad at the end big shocker) or Prince of Persia.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 6:15:41 AM

Oh come on that is blatantly a spoof!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.