Jump to topic:

"My Immortal."

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:02:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As you may or may not know, a while back, what is probably either the greatest satire ever written or the worst fanfiction ever written was posted on the internet. It got flamed so much that it had to be removed, but it has been reposted a lot.

This Harry Potter Fanfic, called "My Immortal," tells the tale of the goff (goth) vampire witch Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way and her adventures at Hogwarts. And this is where the hilarity ensues.

I won't say any more--just, go on, DDO, and check out this masterpiece yourself (NOTE: Does contain what some may consider mature content, such as cutting and drugs...)

The first "chapter," (it says Chapter 2, but the 1st was an introduction to the repost) is here: http://www.fanfiction.net...

Any sticklers for grammar BE WARNED.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:37:34 PM
At 9/3/2011 4:36:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Fan fiction? No thanks.

I know that feel, bro. But even if you don't like fan fiction, you'd still love the sheer stupidity of this story.

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:40:39 PM
At 9/3/2011 4:37:34 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Fan fiction? No thanks.

I know that feel, bro. But even if you don't like fan fiction, you'd still love the sheer stupidity of this story.

I'll admit that some fan fiction is well-written, but the vast majority is written by hormonal teenaged girls who just want another way to gush to their celebrity and fictional character crushes.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:43:24 PM
At 9/3/2011 4:40:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Fan fiction? No thanks.

I'll admit that some fan fiction is well-written, but the vast majority is written by hormonal teenaged girls who just want another way to gush to their celebrity and fictional character crushes.

And THAT'S what's so great about the story I'm talking about--it's been dubbed the worst fanfic ever written--full of celebrity crushes and a nice Mary Sue protagonist to boot.

(I may be gushing about this story, but honestly, I LOVE it--whoever wrote this satirical masterpiece is a genius.)

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:55:31 PM
At 9/3/2011 4:43:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Fan fiction? No thanks.

And THAT'S what's so great about the story I'm talking about--it's been dubbed the worst fanfic ever written--full of celebrity crushes and a nice Mary Sue protagonist to boot.

(I may be gushing about this story, but honestly, I LOVE it--whoever wrote this satirical masterpiece is a genius.)

Well I have to say that I only read like the first two chapters. It's too painful to read further...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:59:26 PM
At 9/3/2011 4:55:31 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:43:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Fan fiction? No thanks.

Well I have to say that I only read like the first two chapters. It's too painful to read further...

Hmm. Well I guess you just have to have the right sense of humor. Not for everybody...

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 5:01:21 PM
At 9/3/2011 4:59:26 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Hmm. Well I guess you just have to have the right sense of humor. Not for everybody...

Perhaps I just have high standards, being a creative writer myself. That could be it, yes.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 5:03:44 PM
At 9/3/2011 5:01:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Perhaps I just have high standards, being a creative writer myself. That could be it, yes.

Well, I'm a creative writer too (not professionally), and I love it largely because of how horrific it is--like a parody. Of course, the charm is wearing off (I'm on Chapter 17), but still...

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 5:06:18 PM
At 9/3/2011 5:03:44 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/3/2011 5:01:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Well, I'm a creative writer too (not professionally), and I love it largely because of how horrific it is--like a parody. Of course, the charm is wearing off (I'm on Chapter 17), but still...

lol, I'm not professional either. I doubt I'll ever be published. That's both by choice and because I end up developing entire fictional universes, but fail to come up with actual plots so I have so many incomplete works.