Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Rocky Horror Picture Show

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 3:36:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Last night me and a bunch of people went to a midnight screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at a local IMAX theatre. It was really cool, everyone there(including myself and my group) dressed up as characters from the movie, mostly Columbia and Frank-n-Furter. We yelled at the screen through the entirety and brought props and sh1t as well as calling Janet a slut and Brad an arsehole ALOT. Do other cities hold viewings like this?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 3:39:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 3:36:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Last night me and a bunch of people went to a midnight screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at a local IMAX theatre. It was really cool, everyone there(including myself and my group) dressed up as characters from the movie, mostly Columbia and Frank-n-Furter. We yelled at the screen through the entirety and brought props and sh1t as well as calling Janet a slut and Brad an arsehole ALOT. Do other cities hold viewings like this?

Yes, and it is really camp.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 8:16:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My city (Milwaukee) is HUGE about the RHPS showings at the Oriental Theatre (every secondSaturday of the month with "special" showings occasionally) in the city. We play virgin games, throw sh!t around. and just be arseholes in general. It's wicked.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 9:02:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 8:16:58 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
My city (Milwaukee) is HUGE about the RHPS showings at the Oriental Theatre (every secondSaturday of the month with "special" showings occasionally) in the city. We play virgin games, throw sh!t around. and just be arseholes in general. It's wicked.

I and a few others were going to participate in the virgin games(since it was our first time attending) but they wouldn't let us since most of us were under seventeen.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 9:52:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What is the Rocky Horror Picture Show? I have heard that it is revolutionary etc but never really understood the point of it or what it was supposed to stand for. I know I could check wikipedia but I want to actually hear it from a person's perspective.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 9:58:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Its a musical from the seventies starring Tim Curry and Susan Sarandon among others, about two straight edge people who meet a transvestite pansexual mad scientist(Curry). That's the short explanation. Basically it's the best musical ever.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 10:01:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 9:52:48 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
What is the Rocky Horror Picture Show? I have heard that it is revolutionary etc but never really understood the point of it or what it was supposed to stand for. I know I could check wikipedia but I want to actually hear it from a person's perspective.

The best explanation was on one of the posters:

It's a different set of jaws.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 7:58:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 10:59:42 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Who? Me? Oh.

Sounds like fun.

It's awesome, just be sure to dress like Columbia, there was only one person dressed like her when I went, a very underrated character.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 12:32:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 7:58:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/18/2011 10:59:42 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Who? Me? Oh.

Sounds like fun.

It's awesome, just be sure to dress like Columbia, there was only one person dressed like her when I went, a very underrated character.

I'm a guy. Thank you very much.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:17:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/24/2011 12:32:04 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/19/2011 7:58:08 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/18/2011 10:59:42 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Who? Me? Oh.

Sounds like fun.

It's awesome, just be sure to dress like Columbia, there was only one person dressed like her when I went, a very underrated character.

I'm a guy. Thank you very much.

Doesn't matter. Cross dressing is a staple of RHS.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 5:55:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just changing my sig.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus