Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

New Thundercats on Cartoon Network ?

inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:20:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello there. How many of you people here watch Cartoon Network ? Well on Friday nights, you can catch the remake of this classic cartoon from the 80's.
I think it is pretty good myself and I give it a C+. The visuals are nice and the animation is different. It has this grimey effect and the characters are rough around the edges like the last He Man inception. Anyway, Google this if you may.
What do you think about Thundercats.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:24:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I watch cartoon network fairly often, but I've yet to actually watch it. When it comes on, I usually get bored and do something else :p. I like regular show and adventure time however.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:35:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:24:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
I watch cartoon network fairly often, but I've yet to actually watch it. When it comes on, I usually get bored and do something else :p. I like regular show and adventure time however.

The Star Wars show is pretty good, too. It has improved I must say.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:36:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:35:18 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:24:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
I watch cartoon network fairly often, but I've yet to actually watch it. When it comes on, I usually get bored and do something else :p. I like regular show and adventure time however.

The Star Wars show is pretty good, too. It has improved I must say.

Yeah, I know. The 3d animation is awesome, though I can never keep up with t.v schedules, I miss a lot of episodes :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:37:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:36:39 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:35:18 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:24:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
I watch cartoon network fairly often, but I've yet to actually watch it. When it comes on, I usually get bored and do something else :p. I like regular show and adventure time however.

The Star Wars show is pretty good, too. It has improved I must say.

Yeah, I know. The 3d animation is awesome, though I can never keep up with t.v schedules, I miss a lot of episodes :p

Dont you have TIVO or DVR. It can be done. But this is one of the best animated shows ever.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:41:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's a pity that I can't remember a single time when I watched the Cartoon Network...What are the big shows on Cartoon Network?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:44:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:41:08 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
It's a pity that I can't remember a single time when I watched the Cartoon Network...What are the big shows on Cartoon Network?

ThunderCats, Star Wars, New Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Show, and more.
It has improved for the better.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:46:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:44:44 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:41:08 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
It's a pity that I can't remember a single time when I watched the Cartoon Network...What are the big shows on Cartoon Network?

ThunderCats, Star Wars, New Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Show, and more.
It has improved for the better.

I remember when it used to have the grim adventures of billy and mandy, camp lazlo, and fosters home for imaginary friends. Those are probably the most funniest cartoons I have ever watched, next to Family Guy and American Dad.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 7:12:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 6:24:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
I watch cartoon network fairly often, but I've yet to actually watch it. When it comes on, I usually get bored and do something else :p. I like regular show and adventure time however.

Fcuk that!
CHOWDER 4EVA
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 7:39:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 7:12:00 PM, Cobo wrote:
At 9/26/2011 6:24:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
I watch cartoon network fairly often, but I've yet to actually watch it. When it comes on, I usually get bored and do something else :p. I like regular show and adventure time however.

Fcuk that!
CHOWDER 4EVA

4EVA? It's not even 4YEARSOLD.

Hearing minors discuss Western cartoons definitely makes one feel old. Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, Ed Edd and Eddy, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocket Power, and yes Askbob, Doug, those are what I remember (whenever DBZ wasn't on, but anime isn't as time sensitive apparently, even anime whose awesomeness and cheesiness are one.)

The first Thundercats series was also aired as reruns next to DBZ and was quite fun.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 7:39:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Notably, hearing minors discuss cartoons makes one feel old without any justification whatsoever :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 2:58:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 7:39:59 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Notably, hearing minors discuss cartoons makes one feel old without any justification whatsoever :P

Not me. I know Baby Boomers who love Bugs Bunny. It makes me feel normal.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 10:02:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's a great show. Much better than the original. Rather than basically being a semi-MOTW show meant to sell toys, there's a cohesive narrative. Plus Snarf doesn't talk, that's a plus.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:50:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 10:02:46 PM, Korashk wrote:
It's a great show. Much better than the original. Rather than basically being a semi-MOTW show meant to sell toys, there's a cohesive narrative. Plus Snarf doesn't talk, that's a plus.

I wouldnt say that it is better than the original. Let me guess you are probably under 21 ? That figures. This one is not even close to the ones that came out
in the 1980s !
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:17:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Remember that guy Earle Hyman ? He plays as Bill Cosby's father on the hit comedy series from the 80's known as The Cosby Show. He played as
Panthro's voice on the original Thundercats.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 4:37:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 7:50:30 AM, inferno wrote:
At 9/27/2011 10:02:46 PM, Korashk wrote:
It's a great show. Much better than the original. Rather than basically being a semi-MOTW show meant to sell toys, there's a cohesive narrative. Plus Snarf doesn't talk, that's a plus.

I wouldnt say that it is better than the original. Let me guess you are probably under 21 ? That figures. This one is not even close to the ones that came out
in the 1980s !

I am under 21, but I've seen (and own) the original.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 8:26:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/30/2011 4:37:00 AM, Korashk wrote:
At 9/29/2011 7:50:30 AM, inferno wrote:
At 9/27/2011 10:02:46 PM, Korashk wrote:
It's a great show. Much better than the original. Rather than basically being a semi-MOTW show meant to sell toys, there's a cohesive narrative. Plus Snarf doesn't talk, that's a plus.

I wouldnt say that it is better than the original. Let me guess you are probably under 21 ? That figures. This one is not even close to the ones that came out
in the 1980s !

I am under 21, but I've seen (and own) the original.

The latest version is a bit more sophistiated. But it is not as creative. And it doesnt have the same soul as the original. That one was better produced, better choreographed, and had an incredible soundtrack. This one is average at best in all of those categories. There is nothing special about it if you ask me. I give it a C.