Jump to topic:

Eminem Internal Rhyming

LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 2:19:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is there anyone who has ever had that type of consistent internal rhyming in his or her songs, or perhaps had a few songs at the same level as Eminem's? I can think of a couple, maybe, but nothing right now that is as good as say, Lose Yourself, especially for an entire song.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 5:16:56 PM
At 10/8/2011 2:19:22 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Is there anyone who has ever had that type of consistent internal rhyming in his or her songs, or perhaps had a few songs at the same level as Eminem's? I can think of a couple, maybe, but nothing right now that is as good as say, Lose Yourself, especially for an entire song.

Eminem is a genius rapper. You can tell that when he has taught himself to rap, he studied the best rappers and practised all the tricks and techniques.
The thing with Eminem is you can listen to one of his songs ten times and on the eleventh time you'll notice another clever little metaphor or bit of word-play you didn't notice before.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 1:30:40 PM
What do you mean by "internal" rhyming?

Eminem is a genius. I would also recommend Sage Francis, Esoteric, Mr. Lif and Immortal Technique. As far as rhyming goes, I consider all these rappers geniuses.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 3:01:27 PM
Immortal Technique is pretty overrated in my opinion, but even then his appeal has never been rhyming. At all.

Look at the videos I posted. Internal rhyming is rhyming more than just the last word of every line. Basically everything Eminem says rhymes. It helps the rapper flow, makes the verse sound better, and is interesting and adds lyrical complexity to a verse.

I remember I posted a thread here a long time ago with a line and feverish told me how it could be spun around to increase the internal rhyming, and then showed me examples of it and how it works. I'll never forget that post because that basically changed completely how I look at hip-hop and how I write. Anyway sorry for that little bit of nostalgia.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:58:57 AM
The best internal rhymer there is, is Talib Kweli. But another good one is Cassidy. He's an internal rhymer and he's absolutely sick with his metaphors.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive