Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Whats Your Favorite TV Network ?

inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 1:46:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Good evening. Do you have a favorite channel ? Television, even in this age of internet and cell phones, is still quite intriguing to me. It evokes emotion on a wide scale. And it has the ability to influence the way people think in ways that we cannot even comprehend. But what channel do you really enjoy now ?
It can be a cable/satellite channel or network tv. Which one is the best of them all to you.
Godsconservativegirl
Posts: 212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 4:32:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 1:46:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Good evening. Do you have a favorite channel ? Television, even in this age of internet and cell phones, is still quite intriguing to me. It evokes emotion on a wide scale. And it has the ability to influence the way people think in ways that we cannot even comprehend. But what channel do you really enjoy now ?
It can be a cable/satellite channel or network tv. Which one is the best of them all to you.

My favorite channel is Daystar. Daystar is a christian network( I'm christian) and it's very enjoyable. :)
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 4:40:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 4:32:52 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:
At 10/25/2011 1:46:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Good evening. Do you have a favorite channel ? Television, even in this age of internet and cell phones, is still quite intriguing to me. It evokes emotion on a wide scale. And it has the ability to influence the way people think in ways that we cannot even comprehend. But what channel do you really enjoy now ?
It can be a cable/satellite channel or network tv. Which one is the best of them all to you.

My favorite channel is Daystar. Daystar is a christian network( I'm christian) and it's very enjoyable. :)

I heard of it before. Thank you.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 7:07:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not even American, but the best shows seem to come out of HBO and AMC.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 8:02:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/26/2011 7:07:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm not even American, but the best shows seem to come out of HBO and AMC.

This. I'd also add FX. They have tons of acclaimed serious stuff like Justified, Terriers, Sons of Anarchy, plus some of the best comedies in recent memory.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:31:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/26/2011 8:02:18 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 10/26/2011 7:07:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm not even American, but the best shows seem to come out of HBO and AMC.

This. I'd also add FX. They have tons of acclaimed serious stuff like Justified, Terriers, Sons of Anarchy, plus some of the best comedies in recent memory.

FX is a great network.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 3:22:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:48:34 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
I'm going to be a dork and admit I like the History Channel.

Are you serious ? The History Channel is the bomb. I watch it almost every day for goodness sake.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 3:33:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 3:22:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:48:34 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
I'm going to be a dork and admit I like the History Channel.

Are you serious ? The History Channel is the bomb. I watch it almost every day for goodness sake.

Yes. The history channel is of the best that tv has to offer. I also like the science channel, nat geo, current, documentary, and comedy central.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 3:51:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 3:33:37 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 10/31/2011 3:22:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:48:34 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
I'm going to be a dork and admit I like the History Channel.

Are you serious ? The History Channel is the bomb. I watch it almost every day for goodness sake.

Yes. The history channel is of the best that tv has to offer. I also like the science channel, nat geo, current, documentary, and comedy central.

Yes those are good ones, too. Dont forget about SCI FI.
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 4:22:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:48:34 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
I'm going to be a dork and admit I like the History Channel.

this
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 4:35:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 4:22:52 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:48:34 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
I'm going to be a dork and admit I like the History Channel.

this

History Channel going once. History Channel going twice. Sold to the king of DDO.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:31:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 12:26:53 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
Wow, no one else I know likes the History Channel. This is awesome.

It is among the best because of the documentaries. Public Television Networks are sold out by the status quo. This is why it has declined in quality.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 10:21:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
AMC, Cartoon Network(Adult Swim), and Comedy Central, and FX(Always sunny), Shotime(Dexter).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 9:57:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 12:31:19 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/1/2011 12:26:53 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
Wow, no one else I know likes the History Channel. This is awesome.

It is among the best because of the documentaries. Public Television Networks are sold out by the status quo. This is why it has declined in quality.

Good choices.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 3:59:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Probably ABC. They always have one good major series (Lost, Modern Family). They also have great reality programming (Bachelorette was insane this season; also like Supernanny sparingly and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution).

They're always developing at least one new hit show. And they don't cancel the shows I like prematurely. *Waves fist at Fox for canceling Traffic Light.*
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 4:02:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
NBC is hopelessly milking the Office - not like.

HBO - don't care now that Entourage is done.

Showtime - like b/c of Dexter, but Weeds should have died a long time ago.

Comedy Central = awesome; Colbert, South Park, Workaholics

Colbert > > Stuart
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 12:26:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 3:51:54 PM, inferno wrote:
Yes those are good ones, too. Dont forget about SCI FI.

The Sci-Fi channel hasn't been good in years and even then it wasn't all that great. All they've really done is the Stargate franchise and Battlestar Gallactica, plus a few other decent shows like Eureka.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:42:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Discovery Channel and the Food Network are definitely my favorites. Mythbusters and Iron Chef all day!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:44:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 3:59:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Probably ABC. They always have one good major series (Lost, Modern Family). They also have great reality programming (Bachelorette was insane this season; also like Supernanny sparingly and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution).


You are the only person in existence who I've seen admit to liking The Bacherlorette. Are you talking about Bentley's season?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:55:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 4:32:52 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:
At 10/25/2011 1:46:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Good evening. Do you have a favorite channel ? Television, even in this age of internet and cell phones, is still quite intriguing to me. It evokes emotion on a wide scale. And it has the ability to influence the way people think in ways that we cannot even comprehend. But what channel do you really enjoy now ?
It can be a cable/satellite channel or network tv. Which one is the best of them all to you.

My favorite channel is Daystar. Daystar is a christian network( I'm christian) and it's very enjoyable. :)

My god, you must be the most boring person in the world.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:57:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't watch T.V. at all. I'd rather waste my time doing other things.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 11:16:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/6/2011 9:44:49 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/4/2011 3:59:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Probably ABC. They always have one good major series (Lost, Modern Family). They also have great reality programming (Bachelorette was insane this season; also like Supernanny sparingly and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution).


You are the only person in existence who I've seen admit to liking The Bacherlorette. Are you talking about Bentley's season?

lol yeah. Started watching bc of all of the hype.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 1:27:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/6/2011 11:16:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/6/2011 9:44:49 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/4/2011 3:59:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Probably ABC. They always have one good major series (Lost, Modern Family). They also have great reality programming (Bachelorette was insane this season; also like Supernanny sparingly and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution).


You are the only person in existence who I've seen admit to liking The Bacherlorette. Are you talking about Bentley's season?

lol yeah. Started watching bc of all of the hype.

I wish I could say I started watching because of my girlfriend but it was the other way around. She wanted to see football. Can you believe it? I'm not about to miss a rose ceremony for that.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 9:12:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 3:59:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Probably ABC. They always have one good major series (Lost, Modern Family). They also have great reality programming (Bachelorette was insane this season; also like Supernanny sparingly and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution).

They're always developing at least one new hit show. And they don't cancel the shows I like prematurely. *Waves fist at Fox for canceling Traffic Light.*

ABC is the only original network of the big three that still has it going on. She definitely has her edge back now more than ever. Shows like Desperate Housewives, Lost, Once Upon A Time, etc. There is a bit of charm with these shows that has this spiritualistic type of atmosphere. It reminds me of the 1960's when they had shows about darkness and grim. It is good tv. NBC and CBS dont even come close now.