Grand Theft Auto 5

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 4:31:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.rockstargames.com...

Is on its way! The open-world game series, Grand Theft Auto, is yet again on its way to hit the stores with a new version. This time, it will be GTA V (5). There is no release date yet, but the official Rockstar Games website has revealed a date for the first trailer: 2nd November, 2011.

I am personally very excited about this. I have loved the GTA franchise since I caught a glimpse of GTA: Vice City back in 2002-2003. In my opinion, the current GTA (IV) is incredible. It is the first GTA on any of the next-gen consoles (i.e., PS3 and X360), and I have high hopes for the second one, which will hopefully make use of all the powers in the current gaming consoles.

I haven't played many games with a fascinating story like the one of Niko Bellic in GTA IV, and I certainly hope that GTA V will bring yet another unique and meaningful story, as well as a gameplay, graphics, etc., that will prove to be one of the best ever. Rockstar always deliver excellent products, I think they won't disappoint for the first time now.

As for the logo on the Rockstar Games website, I have a feeling that it could indicate that the game will take place in Chicago. The city has a great skyline and land, perfect for open-world crime games like GTA. The reason why the logo itself reminds me of Chicago is due to Chicago Bulls logo: http://upload.wikimedia.org... Same script, same features!

But that might just be my fantasy. That being said, I look forward to the trailer and of course, the game itself.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 8:13:54 PM
YES! MOAR OF THIS!

Seriously, though. Everyone has said that the previous GTAs were better--but I honestly believe GTA IV was MUCH better. What we sacrifice for in certain areas (the amount of sandbox-esque activities), we gain in a living, breathing, city, and an enthralling story.

Although change may be good, I'll admit I'm very sad to leave Liberty City.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 11:09:34 PM
The only fun thing about GTA is stealing a car and racking up crimes and seeing how long you can survive in a car chase. Aw yeah.

In my opinion, just cause 2 is much more fun when it comes to open world.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 11:56:45 AM
At 10/26/2011 8:13:54 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
YES! MOAR OF THIS!

Seriously, though. Everyone has said that the previous GTAs were better--but I honestly believe GTA IV was MUCH better. What we sacrifice for in certain areas (the amount of sandbox-esque activities), we gain in a living, breathing, city, and an enthralling story.

Although change may be good, I'll admit I'm very sad to leave Liberty City.
People always tend to say that "old ways" used to be better. For example, I like Vice City a lot because it not only reminds me of good GTA gameplay, but also the fact that I fell in love with it at first glance, etc. But thinking logically, I realize I do not like it more than GTA IV.

I would miss Liberty City too, but if the game takes place in North America (which I am sure about), I don't mind any other place. I loved every GTA city/land so far.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 10:35:14 PM
So, I watched the trailer.
It seems like Tommy Vercetti, my favourite GTA protagonist of all time, might be the main character in this game...

EXCITING!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:19:49 AM
For HD version, watch Gametrailers below.
http://www.gametrailers.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 6:47:11 AM
At 11/2/2011 10:35:14 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It seems like Tommy Vercetti, my favourite GTA protagonist of all time, might be the main character in this game...

EXCITING!

Well he ain't voiced by the original Tommy

http://www.comicbookmovie.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 9:30:42 AM
The trailer is fabulous, and I look forward to the game! I am quite surprised that the game takes place in Los Angeles (Los Santos) again, and probably other areas of San Andreas. I think that the graphics seem to have improved a lot, as well as the character animations. The trees and mountains are clearly much better (compare mountains to coast side cliffs in GTA IV), and long-distance scenery seems much clearer too.

It is unclear who the main character is, since it seems like we both follow an African-American and some sort of Mexican man. The voice in the background is similar to that of Tommy Vercetti, though I do not think it is him. Notice how he came "due to the weather," but Vice City has everything that Los Santos has too. But maybe it could be him, who knows.

Overall, the trailer is amazing, and I don't think that the theme song could have been a tiny bit better. I'm not sure if that will be the main GTA V theme song, but I kinda doubt it since Rockstar makes their own, and the song used is not made by Rockstar. See video.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 5:25:49 PM
At 11/3/2011 6:47:11 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/2/2011 10:35:14 PM, tvellalott wrote:

EXCITING!

Well he ain't voiced by the original Tommy

http://www.comicbookmovie.com...

I saw that. Doesn't mean it's not him.
I CAN HOPE!!!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 3:58:05 PM
At 11/16/2011 1:07:52 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
GTA sucks. Play Skyrim.
Nothing personal, but I technically made this thread for males. Thanks for your opinion though.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:07:09 PM
At 11/20/2011 3:58:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
GTA sucks. Play Skyrim.
Nothing personal, but I technically made this thread for males. Thanks for your opinion though.

How sexist. :P Girls can be gamers too.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:34:52 PM
At 11/20/2011 4:07:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
GTA sucks. Play Skyrim.

If you hate GTA, you hate gaming!
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:37:30 PM
At 11/20/2011 4:34:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/20/2011 4:07:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
GTA sucks. Play Skyrim.

If you hate GTA, you hate gaming!

lol no.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 7:43:19 PM
I have to say that GTA4 didn't stand out that well for me. It spent far too much time delving into stuff I just outright didn't need to know. While some of the characters (Read: Jacob and no f*cker else) stuck with me, and I had genuine fun while hanging around with them, sh*t got boring after a while. The gunfights became a mass of automatic area sweeps or trial and error to find the right piece of cover to return fire, the missions were predictable and frankly the choices within the game reeked of illusory choice. One example being the man you chase across the rooftops. Over two playthroughs I rescued him once and killed him once. However in the former he found me later and started shooting at me. So rather than end up lying in a pool of blood by the side of the road he...ended up lying in a pool of blood by the side of the road with bullets lodged in his urethra.

I hope that by going back to Los Santos. (The Vinewood sign was all it took for me to realise what was happening) then Rockstar also takes a step back to the greatness of San Andreas. Part of the charm of it was that not everything was explained, there were and are still mysteries surrounding it, and the characters could be polar opposites. CJ feels like the underdog from start to finish, and even when he's staring down at Tenpenny's corpse, there's the feeling that nothing has changed.

I hope this new game takes us back to Grove Street, if only to expand on something that was truly beautiful. San Andreas may not have been as "alive" as Liberty City, but at least San Andreas had Rock Stars, hippies, and a motherf*cking jetpack.

fo' the Grove.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 6:12:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Grove street fo life
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp