Jump to topic:

Star Trek

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 4:33:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm rewatching the original series, it's streaming on Netflix now.

I've probably seen each episode 15 times in the course of my life, and still i find it to be the best of any of the other Star Trek series, and the best sci fi series ever produced for television. Now it may be true that i am looking at it with some nostalgia, but honestly, the overall flavor of the show, and some of the concepts that they introduced was done in a remarkable way. Kirk was great, and interacted with his crew like no other captain to take the helm. He was heroic in his portrayal and was a sort of legend that was within the overal Star Trek franchise. Most of the movies really sucked, except for Wrath of Kahn, but it never stopped me from watching them (although the one with the whales was just stupid).

I know if you are brought up with the special effects that we see now in movie and TV, it's hard to get past the hokey stuff they used back in the 60's. (For the record it was before my time too, so i only saw the reruns when i was a kid).

I'm also watching some of the other series, and they really cannot compare (in my opinion). Picard is good, and so is Janeway, but they cannot compare to Kirk, and forget about Sisko.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 4:43:35 PM
At 10/27/2011 4:33:55 PM, innomen wrote:

I've probably seen each episode 15 times in the course of my life, and still i find it to be the best of any of the other Star Trek series, and the best sci fi series ever produced for television. Now it may be true that i am looking at it with some nostalgia, but honestly, the overall flavor of the show, and some of the concepts that they introduced was done in a remarkable way. Kirk was great, and interacted with his crew like no other captain to take the helm. He was heroic in his portrayal and was a sort of legend that was within the overal Star Trek franchise. Most of the movies really sucked, except for Wrath of Kahn, but it never stopped me from watching them (although the one with the whales was just stupid).

I know if you are brought up with the special effects that we see now in movie and TV, it's hard to get past the hokey stuff they used back in the 60's. (For the record it was before my time too, so i only saw the reruns when i was a kid).

I'm also watching some of the other series, and they really cannot compare (in my opinion). Picard is good, and so is Janeway, but they cannot compare to Kirk, and forget about Sisko.

Wow, no mention of Spock. Star Trek is the best tv series I've seen. The movies are all better than the Star Wars movies. Wrath of Khan is definitely the best.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 4:48:39 PM
At 10/27/2011 4:43:35 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/27/2011 4:33:55 PM, innomen wrote:

Wow, no mention of Spock. Star Trek is the best tv series I've seen. The movies are all better than the Star Wars movies. Wrath of Khan is definitely the best.

Yeah, think about Spock, as a major character and his development, for a show in the 60's is pretty amazing, i can't imagine a series being produced like that on network TV today. They tried to copy Spock in TNG with Data, but still not the same, another legend is Spock.