Jump to topic:

Metalocalypse

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 7:25:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anyone else think this retarded @ss show is hilarious?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 7:26:46 PM
I shouldn't call it a retarded @ss show though, it's too real.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 7:28:25 PM
I think it's funny and love to watch it, but my little brother listens to the band for real which is annoying.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 7:34:07 PM
It cracks me up, because I work in music, and a lot of the satire escapes people.

They are like the Spinal Tap of metal, and you know what? I like Spinal Tap.

It's funny stuff.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 7:55:28 PM
I like metal, don't get me wrong. Brendon Small is great at making fun of the stereotypes though.

Metal musicians are not usually fun to just jam with though. Close minded bunch, take themselves too seriously. Then, they usually just want to drink, music comes second.

That said, because of seriousness of metal musicians, metal has turned into a technique glorifying genre of music. The problem is, a lot of the music is so concerned with showing technique that there isn't really much risk taking involved.

Very rarely do you hear a technically proficient metal band that is willing to take risks when it comes to things like rhythm especially. That's a shame to me, because I love music, and I love metal, but very rarely does a metal band stick out as being really phenomenal to me. The ones that do tend to shy themselves away from that particular genre label.

I admire Dethklok though, because the music is kick @ss, and it doesn't really take itself too seriously.

I love how the show acknowledges that Scandinavia is the new home of metal. It's true, and you know what, they deserve it. Nothing is more metal than the Vikings.