Jump to topic:

Lulu

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 5:16:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Biggest wtf moment ever. Seriously, this is probably worse than St.Anger.

"I am the table"

Seriously.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 5:41:14 PM
Lou Reed Allegedly said this about Frank Zappa...

"He's probably the single most untalented person I've heard in my life. He's a two-bit pretentious academic, and he can't play rock'n'roll, because he's a loser. And that's why he dresses up funny. He's not happy with himself, and I think he's right."

Which alone is a good enough reason to not take the guy seriously when it comes to music.

The Velvet Underground had some good stuff though.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 5:50:41 PM
I thought it was impossible for Metallica to achieve (because they progressively get worse every year), but this is the biggest piece of crap I think I've ever heard.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 6:52:17 PM
At 11/2/2011 5:50:41 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I thought it was impossible for Metallica to achieve (because they progressively get worse every year), but this is the biggest piece of crap I think I've ever heard.

Some of those songs go on for 19 minutes. 19 minutes of incoherent ramblings and James Hetfield shouting over heavy but directionless riffs.

Meanwhile, Megadeths new album has been dandy.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 5:59:04 PM
Lou Reed is a terrible vocalist. Even if the poetry is good, it is hard to tell because of how little effort he seems to put into singing it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 7:41:48 PM
At 11/2/2011 6:52:17 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Meanwhile, Megadeths new album has been dandy.

That just seems... meh.

I'd rather see people trying something crazy and stupid that doesn't work than going for bland.

(This is under the assumption that Lulu isn't just Metallica trolling us).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 7:42:41 PM
Then again, I liked some of St. Anger. More of it than Death Magnetic, which I think suffers from the exact same problem as the Megadeth you posted.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.