Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Best plot twists

BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 8:48:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Was wondering what people favorite plot twists were in movies, video games, whatever. But try to keep it spoiler free.

I'll start.

Saw 1. Wow, when it was revealed who Jigsaw was i was stunned. Couldn't believe what I just saw. Mind was absolutely blown. And the music going along with the scene was beyond epic. While many people don't like the Saw movies due their sheer nature, I thought that at least Saw 1 was really awesome. Unique to say the least.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 8:56:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I thought the twist in the video game Heavy Rain was really good, but I'm not going to say anything about it to avoid spoilers.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:34:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I thought Seven had a great twist.

Can't really think of too many movies that shattered my expectations at the end while remaining believable.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:40:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
6th Sense... duh

The Mentalist - Blinking Red Light

24 - end of season 1
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:43:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 7:42:27 PM, Loserboi wrote:
The Prestige and Hide and Seek had good twists

<3

The Illusionist too
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:44:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Memento - Matrix chick scene
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:49:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Best plot twist? The end of Inception when Leonardo DiCaprio and Cilian Murphy finally just get it over with.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:50:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 10:49:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Best plot twist? The end of Inception when Leonardo DiCaprio and Cilian Murphy finally just get it over with.

or the actual ending. That was also insane.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:52:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
original planet of the apes ending.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:03:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Video game? Bioshock. Legend of Zelda: OoT.

Movies? Oh god, I can never get over The Usual Suspects.

Books? American Gods. Damn, I love that book.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:33:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 10:40:53 PM, bluesteel wrote:
6th Sense... duh

The Mentalist - Blinking Red Light

24 - end of season 1

This. The one person you would never suspect...

At 11/17/2011 10:50:41 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/17/2011 10:49:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Best plot twist? The end of Inception when Leonardo DiCaprio and Cilian Murphy finally just get it over with.

or the actual ending. That was also insane.

Hell yes. The entire audience groaned when it ended. I couldnt think about anything else for the next 30 min.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:50:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 11:03:52 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Video game? Bioshock. Legend of Zelda: OoT.

Movies? Oh god, I can never get over The Usual Suspects.

Books? American Gods. Damn, I love that book.

Wait, what are you referring to in OoT? I can't think of any twists in that. Maybe I spent too much time listening to Epona's Song...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:52:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The best twist in a video game I've played came in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The fact that the reveal occurred in the middle of the game was fantastic, as it completely altered every relationship in the game (including the one you have with your own character).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:52:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 11:50:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/17/2011 11:03:52 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Video game? Bioshock. Legend of Zelda: OoT.

Movies? Oh god, I can never get over The Usual Suspects.

Books? American Gods. Damn, I love that book.

Wait, what are you referring to in OoT? I can't think of any twists in that. Maybe I spent too much time listening to Epona's Song...

It doesn't seem like a twist anymore, but the Temple of Time/Ganondorf twist. It was a twist when you'd never played the game and, were like, seven.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:54:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 11:52:55 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 11/17/2011 11:50:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/17/2011 11:03:52 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Video game? Bioshock. Legend of Zelda: OoT.

Movies? Oh god, I can never get over The Usual Suspects.

Books? American Gods. Damn, I love that book.

Wait, what are you referring to in OoT? I can't think of any twists in that. Maybe I spent too much time listening to Epona's Song...

It doesn't seem like a twist anymore, but the Temple of Time/Ganondorf twist. It was a twist when you'd never played the game and, were like, seven.

I guess I see what you mean. It certainly was unexpected and did change the dynamic of the game.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:55:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 11:52:25 PM, Maikuru wrote:
The best twist in a video game I've played came in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The fact that the reveal occurred in the middle of the game was fantastic, as it completely altered every relationship in the game (including the one you have with your own character).

Definitely, that was the best I've seen in a video game as well. I loved how there had been so many subtle hints at it previously, so that when they were all showed consecutively the answer was obvious. They really set it up well.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:08:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 11:52:25 PM, Maikuru wrote:
The best twist in a video game I've played came in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The fact that the reveal occurred in the middle of the game was fantastic, as it completely altered every relationship in the game (including the one you have with your own character).

I played it so long ago, I can't remember... Then again, I played KOTOR II first so i didn't pay as much attention to I.

and ... FIGHT CLUB

Chrono Trigger - pissed me off since I spent all my time overleveling him.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:17:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
oh, this one was recent: Crazy, Stupid Love

lol, craziest climax (twist)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:18:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:17:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
oh, this one was recent: Crazy, Stupid Love

lol, craziest climax (twist)

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. lol
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:25:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:23:58 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Also Death Note. But thats obvious.

What's the twist - the end?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:27:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:25:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:23:58 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Also Death Note. But thats obvious.

What's the twist - the end?

Ep 25?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:29:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:27:36 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:25:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:23:58 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Also Death Note. But thats obvious.

What's the twist - the end?

Ep 25?

I think I know what you mean, but you kind of see that coming after awhile. It's still a surprise. though.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:32:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Assassin's Creed's beginning was supposed to be a twist, but one of the voice actors gave it away.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:39:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:29:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:27:36 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:25:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:23:58 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Also Death Note. But thats obvious.

What's the twist - the end?

Ep 25?

I think I know what you mean, but you kind of see that coming after awhile. It's still a surprise. though.

I didn't expect the first "twist" but I saw the final one coming a mile away.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:41:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:28:38 AM, bluesteel wrote:
book - Ender's Game

This was another one that was able to be put together if you thought about it. At least, I was able to figure it out. Loved Ender's Game though. Still need to get through the rest of Card's series.

inFamous had a pretty cool twist for the game. When I found it out, I was all, "Heeeeeeeelllzzz yeeeeaaahhh."
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:44:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:39:06 AM, M.Torres wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:29:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:27:36 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:25:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:23:58 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Also Death Note. But thats obvious.

What's the twist - the end?

Ep 25?

I think I know what you mean, but you kind of see that coming after awhile. It's still a surprise. though.

I didn't expect the first "twist" but I saw the final one coming a mile away.

Really? It was the opposite for me. They gave the first one away with him hearing the funeral bells. I didn't catch any hints indicating the second one.