Jump to topic:

Miku Hatsune

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:34:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Fyi, he's talking about a japanese singing synthesizer that produces a human sounding voice. Somehow its really popular in Japan. They even have concerts with it and use a projection of a character to make it appear that a real person is singing, even though its just a machine.

I think its just more weird than anything. Not the device itself, which is pretty cool, but the big fanbase it has over there. Kinesis and Makuru might have some more thoughts on this.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:53:59 PM
I do love Japan and all things Japan-related but I never heard of this before now. This is some crazy stuff. I agree with BV; the singing and projections are interesting but its (her?) following is ridiculous.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before Japan's penchant for technology, music, and fetishism reached these proportions.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
CAPLlock
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 12:14:59 AM
I like the program. I like Melt

But I dont see why people make a fuss over something trivial. Like Miku/Rin/Len/Luka not being alive. So what?
StephyeeLove
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 7:03:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 10:47:33 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Hmm. I prefer cover artists who do Vocaloid songs...

Agreed, I can handle only so much vocaloid in one sitting. I think it's very interesting. Hatsune Miku (or Miku Hatsune) is very much an icon. The music though is pretty neat, and sometimes the animations are really cute! (i posted a link, hopefully the vid will show :3)
Yes, "Love" is actually my middle name.
Today's problems won't matter tomorrow! :)
seerwing22270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 9:37:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Miku Hatsune is popular more in the US than Japan. Although her voice takes some getting used to (it's unreal how high it can get), the songs created with her voice range from amusing (like Triple Baka and World is Mine) to downright disturbing (like Tower of Sunz and Scissoroid). I personally enjoy Vocaloid songs, especially the ones sung in a minor key because each one has a plot/storyline. It is very difficult to find English songs with a storyline. Most are just based around a universal idea (examples- I Hate Everything About You by Three Days Grace; Falling Out of Love by Trading Yesterday). Also, I can see where some people are coming from, that Japan has problems with lolicons and otakus, but that does not mean that manga and Vocaloid is necessarily bad. I can listen to these songs in any mood because she literally sings for any mood, whether it be depressed, disturbed, or just happy to be alive. I do not see any problem with the Miku Hatsune fandoms; could you not compare this to the Harry Potter fanbase or even the Gorillaz band?