Jump to topic:

American Horror Story

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 10:16:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just curious to see if anyone else watches it because I just got into it and I absolutely love it. It is slightly stupid but super ballsy and really engaging and interesting. I love it more than I should. I need to talk to people about it.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 10:23:03 PM
At 12/7/2011 10:16:32 PM, rogue wrote:
Just curious to see if anyone else watches it because I just got into it and I absolutely love it. It is slightly stupid but super ballsy and really engaging and interesting. I love it more than I should. I need to talk to people about it.

I half watched the first episode and it didn't grab me. I have so many shows to watch if something doesn't grab me immediately, I tend to move on.

Can you give me a quick synopsis? I could read wikipedia, but cbf.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 10:41:40 PM
A bunch of my friends are hooked but I haven't seen it yet. What channel is it on? I tend to watch TV shows by the season, anyway. I'm impatient like that.
President of DDO
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 10:48:21 PM
At 12/7/2011 10:23:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/7/2011 10:16:32 PM, rogue wrote:

I half watched the first episode and it didn't grab me. I have so many shows to watch if something doesn't grab me immediately, I tend to move on.

Can you give me a quick synopsis? I could read wikipedia, but cbf.

Basically a messed up family moves into a house where anyone who dies on the property is stuck in the house forever as a ghost that can appear, is touchable, and can even kill people.

Fantastic characters. The most ballsy plot lines I've ever seen. Doesn't make sense for a long time into the show and then suddenly while you are watching it everything will click and you'll be like "this is brilliant!"
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 10:48:45 PM
At 12/7/2011 10:41:40 PM, Danielle wrote:
A bunch of my friends are hooked but I haven't seen it yet. What channel is it on? I tend to watch TV shows by the season, anyway. I'm impatient like that.

fx. it makes no sense for a while and then you realize its brilliance.
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 7:53:25 AM
I like it. I have to say I was on the fence the first few episodes because I didn't like the family at all.

It's the ghosts that drew me in. I also like the mystery and the fact that after a few episodes they answer questions. So, for instance, you learn who the rubber man is.

It takes risks, it's interesting, and I don't think there is anything else like it on TV.

Granted I did not appreciate Dylan McDermott's naked butt cheeks while he strangled his meat...

Different strokes... (ha)... I guess.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 7:28:04 PM
At 12/8/2011 7:53:25 AM, Meatros wrote:
I like it. I have to say I was on the fence the first few episodes because I didn't like the family at all.

It's the ghosts that drew me in. I also like the mystery and the fact that after a few episodes they answer questions. So, for instance, you learn who the rubber man is.

It takes risks, it's interesting, and I don't think there is anything else like it on TV.

Granted I did not appreciate Dylan McDermott's naked butt cheeks while he strangled his meat...

Different strokes... (ha)... I guess.

Haha yes. I'm kind of sick of them constantly showing him without clothes on. Definitely the ghosts are much more interesting than the family. I'm rather obsessed with Tate. He's one of the best characters I've ever seen of tv.
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 12:31:12 PM
At 12/8/2011 7:28:04 PM, rogue wrote:

Haha yes. I'm kind of sick of them constantly showing him without clothes on. Definitely the ghosts are much more interesting than the family. I'm rather obsessed with Tate. He's one of the best characters I've ever seen of tv.

Have to agree there - the actor who plays Tate does an extraordinary job at making a heinous person sympathetic. Considering all the crime he's done, you should hate him (as a viewer), but you can't. I find myself compelled by his emotion and sadness.

The actor is good...even though he does have a dark past....

I still remember "Never Back Down" and it's abysmal sequel...
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 8:55:40 PM
At 12/9/2011 12:31:12 PM, Meatros wrote:

Have to agree there - the actor who plays Tate does an extraordinary job at making a heinous person sympathetic. Considering all the crime he's done, you should hate him (as a viewer), but you can't. I find myself compelled by his emotion and sadness.

You hit the nail on the head!

I've never seen it. Is he good in it?
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 8:42:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2011 8:55:40 PM, rogue wrote:
At 12/9/2011 12:31:12 PM, Meatros wrote:

You hit the nail on the head!

I've never seen it. Is he good in it?

He's a supporting character in it. I didn't actually see the sequel. The movie is your basic 'new kid gets picked on and learns karate' movie. He plays a likable character, but the movie is thoroughly 'meh'.

I think he's better in this sort of role - one where he can craft an evil character and then make that character human. Comparing him with the burn guy, I find myself having very little sympathy for him (aside from his original wife/kids burning).

I'm looking forward to seeing how violet reacts to Tate sleeping with her mother - if they reveal that, that is.

I thoroughly enjoyed last weeks episode - I thought that the actress who played violet was good as well. I was cringing when she saw her own corpse.

I'm trying to think, but AHS might just be the best new show this season.