Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 7:18:31 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
LIKE OH EM GEE BITCHEZ!!!

THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM EVAH!!!!! LIKE OH EM GEE!!!!! DON'T YOU LIKE IT? I LOVE IT! AND BILLIE JOE IS SO HOT!!!!!!!!!! I WET MY PETS WHILE LISTENING TO IT!!!!!!!!!!

no, but really, it's a great album. listen to it. try it. it's great.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 8:36:25 AM
I'm convinced

1) Poejoe really, really, wants attention
2) He has been hacked
3) He has had a mental breakdown.

Not unlikely all of the above have happened.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Pandadeux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 11:46:03 AM
At 5/17/2009 11:41:24 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Leave PJ alone. Green Day is okay : )

Greenday is good. Poejoe is acting like an American idiot however.
I-am-a-panda wuz banned :(! So, this is my Exile-Profile

OH YA!PARTY ON MY EXILE-PROFILE
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2009 5:06:35 PM
You can keep your pop/punk rock. I'm gonna stick to the classics: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Ten Years After, Cream, etc.
When Reach fell, I came.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2009 5:41:51 PM
Green Day? You listen to Linkin Park too?

CRAAAAAAAWWWLING IIIIIIINNNN MYYYY SKIIIIIIIINNNN
THIIIIISSSS ORAAAAAAAAANGE ITTTT WIIIIIILLL NOOOOOOTT PEEEEEEL
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2009 5:48:03 PM
At 5/19/2009 5:41:51 PM, s0m31john wrote:
Green Day? You listen to Linkin Park too?

CRAAAAAAAWWWLING IIIIIIINNNN MYYYY SKIIIIIIIINNNN
THIIIIISSSS ORAAAAAAAAANGE ITTTT WIIIIIILLL NOOOOOOTT PEEEEEEL

hahaha,
stallion has it right.
Green Day's old old stuff is okay in the right mood. It's not punk, despite whoever says it is. It's pop, and not very good pop either.
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2009 5:48:49 PM
At 5/17/2009 7:18:31 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
LIKE OH EM GEE BITCHEZ!!!
I WET MY PETS WHILE LISTENING TO IT!!!!!!!!!!

I also recently hosed down my canine companion.
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 7:18:29 PM
Pfft, Green Day recently covered my two favorite songs, so yeah, I like them even less than I did before that.

...although I admit Dookie is a guilty pleasure.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 7:31:18 PM
Point to a song that ya'll claim is good from Green Day.

So far CRAWLING IN MY SKIN sounds better than the songs I hear in advertisements, which you'd think would be their best work ("Do you know how to repeat? How to repeat yourself? Do you know how to repeat? How to repeat yourself? Do you know how to repeat? How to repeat yourself? And not have a darn point to it? Or even mix in something else?")
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 8:19:51 PM
At 6/12/2009 7:31:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Point to a song that ya'll claim is good from Green Day.

So far CRAWLING IN MY SKIN sounds better than the songs I hear in advertisements, which you'd think would be their best work ("Do you know how to repeat? How to repeat yourself? Do you know how to repeat? How to repeat yourself? Do you know how to repeat? How to repeat yourself? And not have a darn point to it? Or even mix in something else?")

I really do think Basket Case is pretty decent, although as stated, I'm really not much of a Green Day fan...in fact, I generally can't stand them. Their cover of the Who's song "A Quick One, While He's Away" made me cringe.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 11:52:03 PM
Have to admit the trick in the lyrics on that one is pretty lulzy.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Scyrone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 7:02:21 AM
Green Day (the Green and the Day are separate) used to be excellent. Especially with Kerplunk and 1039, then they started getting weirder, but they were still good (with Dookie and Nimrod), but the second they came out with American Idiot and now 21st Century Breakdown, they have failed miserably and deserve to be beheaded for making terrible music.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 2:19:51 PM
Green Day is alright. Obviously they are not the best musicians (or singers... or lyricists...), but the beauty of GD *IS* their simplicity and their ability to make catchy and entertaining songs that are not complex. Not everyone is looking for a crazy good guitar solo or thought provoking lyrics when listening to music. A lot of people enjoy GD simply for their entertainment value. I don't personally think they're very talented; however, I can totally see why people like them. Admittedly, I believe I own all of their CDs. They're fun to listen to every now and again. Plus, their music "growth" or at least experimentation is obvious when noting the differences between Kerplunk and their latest album. I mean nobody is claiming that they're the greatest band of all time, but to dismiss them entirely also wouldn't be fair, IMO.

Additionally, classic rock snobs really annoy me. I love the genre too, but to close yourself off to anything post 1980 on the basis that it's modern is just retarded. There's a legit psychological reason why people glorify the past; they think everything "from back then" was 'better' simply because we're nostalgic creatures who want something to hold onto, and to create a false ideal. Plus, people think they sound better or like music connoisseurs or something simply because they like old school bands. Oh, you've got a Led Zeppelin t-shirt? WOO! Good for you!!! You're really cool, let me tell you. Now if you actually knew the band's songs and not just their famous album titles, I might even be slightly more impressed.
President of DDO
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 8:05:05 PM
At 6/18/2009 2:19:51 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Plus, people think they sound better or like music connoisseurs or something simply because they like old school bands. Oh, you've got a Led Zeppelin t-shirt? WOO! Good for you!!! You're really cool, let me tell you. Now if you actually knew the band's songs and not just their famous album titles, I might even be slightly more impressed.

Ha, agreed completely. I couldn't tell you the number of people I've seen wearing a Dark Side of the Moon hoodie who know nothing about Pink Floyd.

I've also conversed with some Zeppelin "fans" who claim to "love" them, but only know Stairway, Whole Lotta Love, and the Immigrant Song. To me, those songs don't even touch on Led Zeppelin's awesomeness.
untitled_entity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 8:06:51 PM
At 6/12/2009 7:18:29 PM, patsox834 wrote:
Pfft, Green Day recently covered my two favorite songs, so yeah, I like them even less than I did before that.

...although I admit Dookie is a guilty pleasure.

anything from Dookie and before is remotely legit