Jump to topic:

Who Should Be The Next Doctor on "Doctor Who"

ianspigler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 2:57:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I personally want to see Colin Firth be he next Doctor, I think he would be great but, I know I'm never going to see that happen.
thisisnottom
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 10:44:44 AM
I don't think there's another that could best Matt Smith's wit.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 10:58:48 AM
At 12/22/2011 10:39:24 AM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
I think they should make a "Doctor What", or perhaps a "Doctor Why". After all, "Doctor Who" is a bit overused.

What about Doctor Poo?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 11:08:11 AM
Benedict Cumberbatch would be one of my top choices, if he were twenty-thirty years older. It's time for an older Doctor again; the actors have been getting younger and younger, but the character has been getting older, and it's getting harder to pull off that aging Timelord feel.

Morgan Freeman would be incredible in the role. Whether anyone else would agree with me, I don't know.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 11:27:17 AM
At 12/22/2011 11:11:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I thought they just started a new doctor?

They did. I don't really like Matt Smith as the Doctor; I think he's too young, and he's trying too hard to be cool. They tried to make the Doctor likable, and just made him meh.

*wants William Hartnell and Tom Baker back*
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 11:34:35 AM
At 12/22/2011 11:27:17 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 12/22/2011 11:11:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I thought they just started a new doctor?

They did. I don't really like Matt Smith as the Doctor; I think he's too young, and he's trying too hard to be cool. They tried to make the Doctor likable, and just made him meh.

*wants William Hartnell and Tom Baker back*

What?!?
Matt Smith plays a very good Doctor.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 12:36:17 PM
At 12/22/2011 10:58:48 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I think they should make a "Doctor What", or perhaps a "Doctor Why". After all, "Doctor Who" is a bit overused.

What about Doctor Poo?

I don't know what to say to that, lol.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 12:36:37 PM
At 12/22/2011 11:08:11 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
Benedict Cumberbatch would be one of my top choices, if he were twenty-thirty years older. It's time for an older Doctor again; the actors have been getting younger and younger, but the character has been getting older, and it's getting harder to pull off that aging Timelord feel.

Morgan Freeman would be incredible in the role. Whether anyone else would agree with me, I don't know.

Morgan Freeman would be kinda strange, I just can't picture him as the Doctor, though, if he is picked, he may be able to pull it off. Not sure.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 12:39:06 PM
At 12/22/2011 12:36:17 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 12/22/2011 10:58:48 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

What about Doctor Poo?

I don't know what to say to that, lol.

Ditto.....was.....disturbing....

MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 7:16:59 PM
I know this isn't relevant, but I found an epic Doctor Who video of the 11th doctor.
Hopefully this'll sway Chyrs.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 1:25:33 PM

You should be the next Doctor Who. Looking at your avater, I think you would make an excellent Doctor Who
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
ianspigler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2012 2:16:31 PM
At 12/22/2011 12:36:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Morgan Freeman would be kinda strange, I just can't picture him as the Doctor, though, if he is picked, he may be able to pull it off. Not sure.

Have you noticed all of the Doctors are white?
thisisnottom
ianspigler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2012 2:18:18 PM
At 12/22/2011 10:44:44 AM, MasterKage wrote:
I don't think there's another that could best Matt Smith's wit.

I think there is: Tom Baker.
thisisnottom
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 1:03:16 PM
At 1/3/2012 2:16:31 PM, ianspigler wrote:

I have noticed. I don't see any reason why the character has to be, though. I was going on personality and acting ability, more than on physical characteristics. The Doctor is never quite sure how he'll end up after a regeneration, remember, to the point of counting the fingers and facial features afterwards to make sure.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure Morgan's Tennessee accent would fit the role - though why a Timelord HAS to speak the King's English, I don't know. It is BBC, after all. Perhaps they would be more comfortable getting Michael Caine as the next doctor; he's about the right age for the part, white*, has the requisite accent and knighthood to satisfy the British viewers, while being popular enough in America to increase the show's popularity over here.

*(for those who care about that...)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 1:06:11 PM
At 1/7/2012 1:03:16 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 1/3/2012 2:16:31 PM, ianspigler wrote:

I have noticed. I don't see any reason why the character has to be, though. I was going on personality and acting ability, more than on physical characteristics. The Doctor is never quite sure how he'll end up after a regeneration, remember, to the point of counting the fingers and facial features afterwards to make sure.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure Morgan's Tennessee accent would fit the role - though why a Timelord HAS to speak the King's English, I don't know. It is BBC, after all. Perhaps they would be more comfortable getting Michael Caine as the next doctor; he's about the right age for the part, white*, has the requisite accent and knighthood to satisfy the British viewers, while being popular enough in America to increase the show's popularity over here.

*(for those who care about that...)

Eh, I doubt BBC could hire a non-British actor for Doctor Who, without getting the wrath of their British viewers.

Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:20:39 PM
At 1/7/2012 1:06:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Eh, I doubt BBC could hire a non-British actor for Doctor Who, without getting the wrath of their British viewers.

You are probably right.

What do you think of Michael Caine or Benedict Cumberbatch for the next Doctor?
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:23:27 PM
At 12/13/2011 2:57:41 PM, ianspigler wrote:
I personally want to see Colin Firth be he next Doctor, I think he would be great but, I know I'm never going to see that happen.

He probably would be really good in the part. I don't like his face, but I'm not terribly important to the selection process :P
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:28:10 PM
At 1/7/2012 2:20:39 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 1/7/2012 1:06:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:

You are probably right.

What do you think of Michael Caine or Benedict Cumberbatch for the next Doctor?

Hmm, both good choices. I'm not sure if they would go with Caine, but Cumberbatch would fit perfectly.

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:35:29 AM

That is the most unfortunate name I have ever been privy to.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 7:29:11 PM
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:53:53 PM
My personal choice for who should be the next doctor is Idris Elba. Wonderful actor who's proven he can play a role. Especially a role fit for top quality television. Luther from Luther and Stringer Bell from The Wire being the prime examples.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown