Jump to topic:

Rock and Metal

MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 7:10:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The question that has been haunting me since I first joined DDO: Does anyone here, at DDO, listen to rock and/or metal genere music?

Honestly, the best three rock/metal bands I like are: System of a Down, Disturbed, and KoRn.

So I want other DDO'ers to give their opinions on rock and metal music. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you want to destroy it?

Oh and of you're a rock/metal fan, feel free to reccommemded any bands to others.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 7:30:13 PM
At 1/24/2012 7:11:00 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
I listen to classic rock; but not the rock that you are thinking about.

Is AC/DC considered classic rock?

Anyway, any other opinions.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 8:09:11 AM
My 3 choice Rock/metal would be. Bring me the Horizon, White chapel, and Disfiguring the Goddess.
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 1:49:32 PM
Yes, I listen to rock and metal.

My fav bands are Lamb of God, Led Zeppelin, All That Remains, Foster the People, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, The Faceless, System of a Down, Korn.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 4:27:46 PM
Led Zeppelin just oozes of sex, booze, and sleaze. Never before has so much rock been concentrated in so few.

Pantera does it for me metal wise.

And of course I pick 2 bands that have long since disbanded.

I'm more of a rock guy than a metal guy. I was more into metal in highschool.

I like how metal takes itself very seriously, but I laugh everytime I hear gattling gun bass drum.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 5:32:18 PM
At 1/24/2012 7:10:17 PM, MasterKage wrote:
The question that has been haunting me since I first joined DDO: Does anyone here, at DDO, listen to rock and/or metal genere music?

Honestly, the best three rock/metal bands I like are: System of a Down, Disturbed, and KoRn.

So I want other DDO'ers to give their opinions on rock and metal music. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you want to destroy it?

Oh and of you're a rock/metal fan, feel free to reccommemded any bands to others.

Osnap, those are great selections. Personal favorites, as well.

In terms of alt rock, my utmost favorite is A Perfect Circle. Listening to them right now. ^_^ Mer de Noms was a phenomenon.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 5:43:48 PM
At 1/27/2012 5:32:18 PM, Ren wrote:

Osnap, those are great selections. Personal favorites, as well.

In terms of alt rock, my utmost favorite is A Perfect Circle. Listening to them right now. ^_^ Mer de Noms was a phenomenon.

I have mixed feelings about Maynard and co. The "omg putting the fibonacci sequence in a song is soooo deep!!!111" tool fans kind of turned me off to that group in particular (among other things), but I'll be damned if he doesn't have some haunting melodies and a pretty unique voice at that.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:09:22 PM
Yeah. System of a Down, Disturbed and KoRn all are very good bands. Oh and if you don't know what any of these bands are. Listen to these.

Chop Suey- System of a Down

Down with the Sickness-Disturbed

Freak on a Leash-KoRn
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 9:10:34 PM

Metal Favortes : GWWWAAAARRRR (GWAR) Slayer and Pantera. Classic Rock: Led Zeppelin, CCR and Ted Nugent oh and Black Sabith.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:34:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

I love rock/metal, here are my recommendations:

Korn (really influential band), Disturbed, Soil, Impending Doom, Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, We as humans, Disfiguring the goddess, Slipknot, Ill nino, Device, Stone Sour, Ash, Amon Amarth, aversions crown, Meshuggah, Gojira, Aristeia Godsmack, Arkaea, Sever the King, message me if you need more lol