Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2009 8:20:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I saw the movie and totally loved every bit of it XD
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2009 8:26:44 PM
I saw it in 3D at an opening midnight showing. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but there were some 'childish' parts. I guess that's to be expected since it is a kids movie. Like that dog with the squeaky voice, I didn't find that funny at all, just annoying.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2009 8:37:22 PM
The dog with the high voice was funny at the start because I totally did NOT see it coming XD

My favorite scenes were the ones with Kevin ^^ I love that bird. I wish I had a plush of one of her babies.

I don't think I've ever laughed so many times watching a Disney movie XD I'm still very much a child at heart.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2009 9:32:39 PM
I love Pixar :D. They've been on quite the streak of pushing out enjoyable-animated-movies-that-are-liked-by-both-children-and-grown-ups.

Damn that was long.
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 8:43:08 PM
You guys serious? Up was a horrible kid's movie! Not only was the humor poor, but it was depressing too. See my debate:

http://www.debate.org...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 8:53:46 PM
At 6/13/2009 8:43:08 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:
You guys serious? Up was a horrible kid's movie! Not only was the humor poor, but it was depressing too. See my debate:

http://www.debate.org...

I also disliked the movie and admit it had depressing moments, but that opening montage was simply amazing.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2009 11:47:25 AM
Do you mean 'amazing' as in causing great bewilderment or surprise? Then yes, I agree with you. I was totally bewildered that a children's movie would have such dismal sequences. I'm not the only one who thinks so either. Here are the words of the guy who sat behind me in the theater, uttered as he exited: "That has got to be the most depressing kid's movie I've ever seen." I laughed harder then than I had the whole day.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2009 9:23:41 PM
At 6/14/2009 11:47:25 AM, Lifeisgood wrote:
Do you mean 'amazing' as in causing great bewilderment or surprise? Then yes, I agree with you. I was totally bewildered that a children's movie would have such dismal sequences.

Many kids movies contain depressing moments; Bambi's mom dies, Nemo's mom dies, the Fox and the Hound go their separate ways, etc. At least in Up, the montage was beautiful.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2009 2:32:18 PM
At 6/14/2009 9:23:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Many kids movies contain depressing moments; Bambi's mom dies, Nemo's mom dies, the Fox and the Hound go their separate ways, etc.

Maybe so, but in Up it is all very real and bitter. You are reminded of Carl's loss at nearly every turn. Besides, in all the movies you mentioned the characters were little happy animals.

(By the way, I didn't like any of those movies either, save perhaps Finding Nemo)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2009 10:12:34 PM
http://images.ucomics.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2009 1:06:13 AM
I thought it was possibly the worst Pixar movie yet. Worst one since "Ratatouille" at least. I was looking forward to this movie, but it disappointed. It's overrated. Wait for cable.