Jump to topic:

The Sims 3

Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2009 8:09:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
DAMN! its come out in the US already!!! Where is the justice in the world! I dont even know the release date in the uk! some time in 2012 probably :P
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2009 8:12:05 PM
ooops its tommorow, thanks for reminding me about it! (huge fan of the sims btw)
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2009 8:26:27 PM
Eh, I'm pretty pised off about it so far. It annoys me how greedy EA has become.

First, they've made it next to impossible for people to cretate custom content as is the case in the Sims 2 and are now charging you los of money to buy the custom content which they have on their stupid litle rip off website. To make matters worse, the game which you buy hardly has any content. All of the stuff which SHOULD have been in the base game has to be purchased on theSims store at ridiculous prices.

Second, tha stuff about the game working on non-new computers is a complete lie. Fortunately, my laptop is relatively new, but at best, I can only play the game on low or medium quality settings.

I haven't gotten to play too much due to being on vacation, but I'll say more when I've gotten to play a little bit more.

By the way john, what traits did you give your character?
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2009 8:38:25 PM
First, they've made it next to impossible for people to cretate custom content as is the case in the Sims 2 and are now charging you los of money to buy the custom content which they have on their stupid litle rip off website.
PM me if you want a link to all of the downloadable content. I just installed all of it, so cash, etc.

By the way john, what traits did you give your character?
Computer Wiz
Genius
Hopeless Romantic
Good Sense of Humor
Loner
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 9:42:50 AM
At 6/4/2009 4:22:01 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I had a feeling John didn't buy the retail copy.

I had the game like 5 days before it hit stores.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 10:08:34 AM
At 6/4/2009 9:42:50 AM, s0m31john wrote:

And it was in English? Non Porkfriedricese?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 10:30:33 AM
At 6/4/2009 10:08:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Yep. In fact it comes out in Japan today, so they get it later than the US.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 10:31:33 AM
At 6/4/2009 10:30:33 AM, s0m31john wrote:
At 6/4/2009 10:08:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Yep. In fact it comes out in Japan today, so they get it later than the US.

o.0. Apocalypse! We get a game before Japan!
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 5:30:17 PM
John, quick question for you:

1) Do you know how to create your own neighborhood in this game?

2) How do you play as more than just one family without losing all of your hard work?

Both of these qualities in the game have proven to be most frustrating and I was wondering if you knew a way around this.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 6:27:36 PM
1) Do you know how to create your own neighborhood in this game?

As far as I know you can't. That was one of the most common complaints in the Amazon reviews. EA may add that feature in with an expansion pack if enough people complain.

2) How do you play as more than just one family without losing all of your hard work?

You're supposed to be able to turn off aging for one family and then you can play as another but that feature does not work as of now. There's a button to do it, but it's been reported that it doesn't work at all. EA is probably going to have to release it as a patch.

Read the Amazon reviews (sorted by most helpful) and you'll get an idea of the pros and cons of the game.

Personally I like it better than the Sims 2.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 6:34:20 PM
You can if you want buy another neighbourhood off the sims website, yes actually buy with real money, personally id prefer to wax a baboons arse. But if you look youl probably find it somewhere on mininova or suchlike, or ask john, he might have it! Btw john isint the beta supposed to be realy buggy? How is it workin on your system?
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 6:46:08 PM
At 6/5/2009 6:34:20 PM, Nik wrote:
You can if you want buy another neighbourhood off the sims website, yes actually buy with real money, personally id prefer to wax a baboons arse. But if you look youl probably find it somewhere on mininova or suchlike, or ask john, he might have it! Btw john isint the beta supposed to be realy buggy? How is it workin on your system?

I never got the beta version. There were two versions released early, one from Reloaded and one from Razor. The Razor one came out like a week later, but it was the full version. I haven't experienced any bugs. Plus I have a friend that is using the beta, and he hasn't has any problems. EA just said it was full of bugs to deter piracy.

Also, earlier in the thread I said you could PM me for a link to all of the store content for free.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2009 4:30:44 AM
You can't create your own neighbourhood. Well that's it, I'm toadally not playing Sims 3.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2009 3:10:20 AM
At 6/6/2009 9:54:48 PM, s0m31john wrote:
http://img35.imageshack.us...

Graphics don't look hugely improved from no.2. Are the cheats good?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2009 9:10:27 AM
If you wanna create a neighborhood, go back in time and get Sim City 2000.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 5:57:26 AM
My Sims 3 character is a Flirty [1] Charismatic [2] Genius [3] with a Good Sense of Humor [4], who also happens to be a Great Kisser [5]. I've only played once though; The Sims tends to bore me :/
President of DDO
VainApocalypse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 2:29:03 AM
I enjoy the premise of The Sims, and I enjoy what the third game has added to the series, the deeper personality frameworks and open neighborhood being the most notable improvements so far. I've also enjoyed the fact that careers now add game play rather than detract from it.

What I don't enjoy though is the ease with which one can ascend to the top of his or her career. It's more a matter of time than any actual effort. For the moment, I've stopped playing the game; I feel it desperately needs the added content of the inevitable expansion packs.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2009 5:34:40 PM
At 7/26/2009 2:29:03 AM, VainApocalypse wrote:
I enjoy the premise of The Sims, and I enjoy what the third game has added to the series, the deeper personality frameworks and open neighborhood being the most notable improvements so far. I've also enjoyed the fact that careers now add game play rather than detract from it.

What I don't enjoy though is the ease with which one can ascend to the top of his or her career. It's more a matter of time than any actual effort. For the moment, I've stopped playing the game; I feel it desperately needs the added content of the inevitable expansion packs.

Same here. I've already gotten married (though I had to download some mods so I wouldn't have to bear with the fugly default EA skins), worked to the top of my career, have built the perfect house on the beach lot and have had kids. Having done all of this, I don't feel too compelled to continue playing or repeating the formula. I'll probably play some more when a new expansion pack is released.
silntwaves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 9:33:30 AM
Yeah sims 3 is awsome..its more complicated than the second sims..it takes longer to do stuff like make ur ppl but overall its funn. the first sims was sooo crappy tho.
Nick Jonas And The Administration
-What I Am.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2009 9:34:00 PM
At 6/3/2009 8:06:42 PM, s0m31john wrote:
Who else is playing it? What do you think so far?

I'm enjoying it more than The Sims 1 (I've never played the Sims 2).

My character: http://img198.imageshack.us...

i do not like it on my iphone... it is to simple