Jump to topic:

Star Wars: The Trade Federation

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 3:20:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I was having an off-topic discussion on one of the locked topics. So I'll bring it to this:

Why would a mega-corporation try to invade Naboo and risk everything, just because some dude, darth sidious told them to. I mean, imagine alone how bad of a PR the trade federation would get from that?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 3:48:24 PM
At 2/19/2012 3:20:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
So I was having an off-topic discussion on one of the locked topics. So I'll bring it to this:

Why would a mega-corporation try to invade Naboo and risk everything, just because some dude, darth sidious told them to. I mean, imagine alone how bad of a PR the trade federation would get from that?

The force?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 3:57:29 PM
At 2/19/2012 3:48:24 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

The force?

it only acts on the weak minded. In Episode I, it didn't work on that human-fly looking dude. Likewise, the CEOs wouldn't be that stupid either, since they aren't weak-minded. And you can't honestly expect the shareholders would let this go by unaccounted for.
Open borders debate:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 6:44:11 PM
At 2/19/2012 3:57:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:

The force?

it only acts on the weak minded. In Episode I, it didn't work on that human-fly looking dude. Likewise, the CEOs wouldn't be that stupid either, since they aren't weak-minded. And you can't honestly expect the shareholders would let this go by unaccounted for.

Well, some people would say greed, but you do make a valid point, it would be a horrible move.

This article explains sorta why they did it. Fail reason if you ask me, butt whatever.

http://starwars.wikia.com...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 8:46:09 PM
At 2/19/2012 6:44:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/19/2012 3:57:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:

The force?

Well, some people would say greed, but you do make a valid point, it would be a horrible move.

This article explains sorta why they did it. Fail reason if you ask me, butt whatever.

http://starwars.wikia.com...

tl;dr. Can you summarize?

I shouldn't have to read some long @ss thing to understand the plot of Star Wars I.
Open borders debate:
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 9:10:43 PM
Wasn't there some sort of trade dispute? They were blockading Naboo and since Darth Sidious was the Senator from Naboo he told them he would make sure they got away with it.

He lied to them in order to set up the pretense for the Clone Wars.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 9:17:25 PM
At 2/19/2012 9:10:43 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Wasn't there some sort of trade dispute? They were blockading Naboo and since Darth Sidious was the Senator from Naboo he told them he would make sure they got away with it.

I don't think the trade federation knew darth sidious was emperor Palpatine. Also, don't think a senator can just pardon people. Its especially a bad political move.

How did it set up the pretense?
Open borders debate:
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 9:18:24 PM

I think so
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 9:20:17 PM
At 2/19/2012 9:17:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I don't think the trade federation knew darth sidious was emperor Palpatine. Also, don't think a senator can just pardon people. Its especially a bad political move.

No no this is what happened.

Darth Sidious contacts Trade Federation people

He tells them to invade naboo because he (being a mysterious and shadowy powerful guy) will make them get away with it

They see this as a profit opporitunity and a way to consolidate their fledgling power in the galaxy and make friends with a mysterious guy

Thus the events went through
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 10:06:10 PM
At 2/19/2012 9:20:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/19/2012 9:17:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:

No no this is what happened.

Darth Sidious contacts Trade Federation people

He tells them to invade naboo because he (being a mysterious and shadowy powerful guy) will make them get away with it

They see this as a profit opporitunity and a way to consolidate their fledgling power in the galaxy and make friends with a mysterious guy

Thus the events went through

And two movies later, they all die. :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-