Jump to topic:

People are trying to hard.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 4:33:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Seriously? This video gets 3 million views? These things just aren't funny when it's this obvious that its on purpose.

I swear. Some people on youtube try to hard to be funny. It's getting old.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 4:40:32 PM
I didn't laugh at that video........I agree with you.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:35:06 PM
At 2/20/2012 4:40:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
I didn't laugh at that video........I agree with you.

The chris crocker video was funny, because it was obviously real. People keep posting videos like this now trying to get famous for being an idiot. Do people really want attention that badly?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:37:37 PM
The video of the father that shot the laptop was stupider. Youtubers are notorious for rallying behind stupid things,...for example if you take a look at the 9/11 conspiracy videos you'll see what I'm talking about.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:38:16 PM
At 2/20/2012 5:37:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
The video of the father that shot the laptop was stupider. Youtubers are notorious for rallying behind stupid things,...for example if you take a look at the 9/11 conspiracy videos you'll see what I'm talking about.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:42:22 PM
Wow. I really, really, hope this guy isn't serious, because he has no idea what the hell he is talking about.

And if he is trying to be funny, then he is such a retard.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:43:19 PM

How was the video with the father stupider?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:44:52 PM
I hope someone takes a frying pan to that kid's face and manages to forcefully realign his eyes to the retarded position he brings them to whenever he says "Minecraft."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:47:10 PM
At 2/20/2012 5:43:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:

because all the man did was make a dramatized and emotional response, and post it for the world to see,...on the personal level he probably screwed up a lot of things with his daughter, and essentially showed some of us how much of an @$$ he is.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:54:11 PM
At 2/20/2012 5:47:10 PM, 000ike wrote:

because all the man did was make a dramatized and emotional response, and post it for the world to see,...on the personal level he probably screwed up a lot of things with his daughter, and essentially showed some of us how much of an @$$ he is.

Someone has problems with actual discipline, and punishment.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:00:45 PM
At 2/20/2012 5:54:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/20/2012 5:47:10 PM, 000ike wrote:

Someone has problems with actual discipline, and punishment.

No. Our society's perception of family roles is so incredibly warped and irrational, that I cringe everytime I see how many people support the father as a knee-jerk reaction. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I know this to be the truth, most people are content to think as they are told to think and behave as they are told to behave and support what they are told to support, than divert to actually find justification in some of the things so popularly championed.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:02:40 PM
Somebody got their castle destroyed xd :)
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:11:57 PM
For those of you who don't know what he is talking about, watch this, and then tell me that this is not fvcked up.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:17:57 PM
nvm I take back the part about it being fvked up. I just heard the girls story. Now that I have heard both, my opinion changes. Will post why in a sec.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:34:15 PM
Shooting up a laptop does not seem like rational parenting. And how do teenage girls react to being publicly embarrassed?.. I don't think this is too conducive to promoting a healthy relationship..

At least when his daughter is in her 30's and paying a lot for therapy and rehab for meth addiction her father can pin point where it all went wrong...

Perhaps a reasonable conversation and restricting a child's lap top privileges would have been more effective then going all redneck on youtube?

I could be wrong. Perhaps youtube is the only place parents can talk to their kids any more.
Debate.org Moderator
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 6:45:52 PM
My opinion on the facebook parenting video:

The Father was justified in being angry. Should he have taken it to such extreme measures? No.

From what it sounds like, that girl doesn't have it all that bad. She has a roof over her head, food to eat, and a bed to sleep in. There are a million kids in the world that would do all those chores 50 times a day to have those things. What the father said about those chores are true, most of them take only minutes to complete, and the chore list he listed off, doesn't seem to be all that bad. It's a lot better than mine was when I lived with my parents.

Point being, you don't have a job. You don't pay rent. So what are you doing to help out your parents? Cleaning up a little around the house is the LEAST you could do to help compensate for the many fortunes you are blessed with.
So I completely understand the fathers point in this.

However, was he justified in doing what he did? Probably not. Teenagers now-a-days rely heavily on the impressions of others to determine their life-styles.
Her dad has just publicly embarrassed her to just about everyone she knows. He needs to realize that she is only 15. Every teenagers that has the ability to think for themselves will be rebellious at that age. What you should have done is taken her laptop away instead of publicly humiliating, because it can almost be classified as abuse.