Jump to topic:

Ghost Rider and Next Spiderman film

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 9:22:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just got to see the new Ghost rider film today, it was awsome!

some people critizise it as making ghost rider to all powerfull but thats just the kind of kick but monster-anti-hero the spirit of vengence is. it had a different pace than the first film but it was just as good, mabye a little better.

I also got to see a comercial for the reboot of spiderman film. I wasnt sure if I was going to look foward to another one after the first 3 but I am now!

the first spiderman films were too much of chick flicks and from judging this commercial I think they fix that big thing and several little things that was off with the first films

its not going to focus of peters relationship with the tabloids and the press as much as it will the police this time. It was kind of easy to forget he is a vigilantee with those other films.

his first relationship will be with Gwen as it was in the comics and this will put a lot of drama with him and her chief of police dad who would put him behind bars.

peters actual parants though not still living will still play a real role in the plot it seems wich I like, and his farther will have worked with Dr conner in the past on the stuff that turns peter into spiderman. his web comes from shooters he made himself, its a lot more clear he is a kid genius in this film, and the Lizard is definitly going to be the villian, no more goblins in his origin story.

not sure if I'm going to like the actor for spiderman yet but at least the commercial showed there going to make him act a lot more like spiderman is suposed to act, making wise cracks as he webs up the bad guys.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Brandnewvices
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 9:34:06 PM
Another reboot? When will Hollywood stop with this nonsense? Truthfully this year, the only superhero movie I'm looking forward to is the Avengers, and only because it's being done by Joss Whedon.
Dungeons and Dragons?! Haven't they seen the after-school specials?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 7:05:28 PM
At 2/20/2012 9:34:06 PM, Brandnewvices wrote:
Another reboot? When will Hollywood stop with this nonsense? Truthfully this year, the only superhero movie I'm looking forward to is the Avengers, and only because it's being done by Joss Whedon.

seriously? reboots are awsome when the first films are screw ups.

and theres a reason why for it too early superhero films had to fight a lot of costumed hero sterotypes that hollywood tried imposing on the films. as I understand it the director of Daredevil had to fight real hard just to make sure he kept the devil horned mask.

comic book heros has a diverse range of serious to the fun stories that can come from them, but early on they wernt taken seriously like you could do that with them.

but now they are, you have a real timepiece type movie for the X-men in first class, you have real serious hero vig films with the chirstepher nolan batman films wich are not campy in anyway with the gadgets and villians.

i'm looking foward to the averngers cause its the first real 'leage of heros' type of movie. I dont count x-men because A: it still is a story made to focus on primarly one character, wolverine and B:its more like 'hero family' than 'hero team' wich has also been done. but the makers of the avenger film have said this will not focus on any one character, not even Tony Stark wich is hard to imagine knowing what a scean stealler Robert Downey Jr naturally can be compaired to the other not as big actors of thor and captin america. and the avengers is defintly not a family.

spiderman is supposed to be Marvels favorite child comic wise so it should paralell with films yet Iron Man and Iron Man 2 are clearly 1,000,000,000 times better than the spiderman triligy. Stan Lee would not even put his name to the last spiderman. It needs rebooted, deserves rebooted, if only as an appology to the comic fans for making such a crapy third spiderman film.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:14:36 PM
At 2/20/2012 9:22:39 PM, Marauder wrote:
I just got to see the new Ghost rider film today, it was awsome!

some people critizise it as making ghost rider to all powerfull but thats just the kind of kick but monster-anti-hero the spirit of vengence is. it had a different pace than the first film but it was just as good, mabye a little better.

I also got to see a comercial for the reboot of spiderman film. I wasnt sure if I was going to look foward to another one after the first 3 but I am now!

the first spiderman films were too much of chick flicks and from judging this commercial I think they fix that big thing and several little things that was off with the first films

its not going to focus of peters relationship with the tabloids and the press as much as it will the police this time. It was kind of easy to forget he is a vigilantee with those other films.

his first relationship will be with Gwen as it was in the comics and this will put a lot of drama with him and her chief of police dad who would put him behind bars.

peters actual parants though not still living will still play a real role in the plot it seems wich I like, and his farther will have worked with Dr conner in the past on the stuff that turns peter into spiderman. his web comes from shooters he made himself, its a lot more clear he is a kid genius in this film, and the Lizard is definitly going to be the villian, no more goblins in his origin story.

not sure if I'm going to like the actor for spiderman yet but at least the commercial showed there going to make him act a lot more like spiderman is suposed to act, making wise cracks as he webs up the bad guys.

That's always been my problem with Ghost Rider: he's overpowered. I mean, the guy took out Galactus on his own. Where do you go from there? My heroes don't have to be weaklings but I do like to feel a little bit of trepidation when they go into battle. I guess that's the downfall of having demon-based heroes (see: Spawn); there's no fear there.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:14:40 PM
I never had any idea why people hate on spider-man 3 so much.
I love it(He's a good dancer, man)

Even though I will agree it is not as amazing as 1 or 2 it's still good.
BUT i definitely will not see the new reboot.
WHY? Simply because Tobey Maguire is Spider-man. That's it.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:25:29 PM
At 2/21/2012 9:14:40 PM, Cobo wrote:

You're the first person I've ever seen defend Tobey Maguire's performance in that franchise. His performance ranks up there with George Clooney's Batman and Ben Affleck's Daredevil as one of the worst superhero depictions in comic movie history. He turned a young, witty, energetic hero into a mumbling, lackadaisical, humorless lump. The recasting alone makes the reboot worth watching.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Brandnewvices
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:26:28 PM
Reboots are just hollywood's way to say "look we're out of original ideas". The first and second movies of the most recent spiderman were not terrible in the slightest. Granted, #3 was one of the worst movies I've paid for in a while, however it was only released in 2007. That's 5 years! reboots are done to introduce a movie or show to a younger generation, and it's usually done 10-20 years after the original. The new Star trek was wonderful because it was good enough so younger people would go back and watch the original series. Spiderman doesn't need two reboots in a spam of 10 years.
Dungeons and Dragons?! Haven't they seen the after-school specials?
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:42:25 PM
At 2/21/2012 9:25:29 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:14:40 PM, Cobo wrote:

You're the first person I've ever seen defend Tobey Maguire's performance in that franchise. His performance ranks up there with George Clooney's Batman and Ben Affleck's Daredevil as one of the worst superhero depictions in comic movie history. He turned a young, witty, energetic hero into a mumbling, lackadaisical, humorless lump. The recasting alone makes the reboot worth watching.

I was part of the character man! He descends into darkness basically(Black suit and him not being the same)
Also his performance was so good(In all not just 1,2,3) that i just look at the new guy and all that come to my mind is "ehhh, I like tobey Maguire better"
His face just comes to mind when mentioning spider-man, and for me to go and watch the new on I would have to be as captivated by this new guy as he made me.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest