Jump to topic:

Hunger Game Movie

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 3:09:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So, what are your thoughts of it from the little that has been revealed?

Do you think they will screw it up like the countless other book--->movie Hollywood has?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 5:01:08 PM
hm.....
Probably, they always find a way to swcrew things up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 9:39:35 PM
Totally. I really get the vibe that it'll end up being a Twilight-esque romance when that's more of a by-product of the more prominent and complex themes and ideas in the series.

Honestly, even though the series is a young-adult series, if I were directing a film adaptation, I wouldn't shoot for anything less than an R-rating.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 9:50:59 PM
The problem is that you cannot make a good movie with an R rating as no studio will give you the money to do it.

At best, Hunger Games should have been 14A/
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 12:57:05 AM
I loved reading Hunger Games and the movie looks good too. Debating whether to get a shirt or not for opening day, hmmmm......
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:30:47 AM
im not a fan of that hutchinson kid they have in the movie but im still thrilled that people are more excited over it than the final twilight movie
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:33:10 AM
I'm not gonna lie: I'm a guy, and I enjoyed the Hunger Games books.
Exactly why I'm not going to see the movie, at least at first.
Movies never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do the books justice.

My case in point? Compare The Lightning Thief book to The Lightning Thief movie and tell me one similarity other than names.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:43:04 AM
At 3/16/2012 1:33:10 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Movies never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do the books justice.

My case in point? Compare The Lightning Thief book to The Lightning Thief movie and tell me one similarity other than names.

Actually, I'd say LoTR is an exception...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:44:38 AM
At 3/16/2012 1:43:04 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Actually, I'd say LoTR is an exception...

That's not entirely fair.
It's LoTR. 'Nuff said.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:54:11 AM
This movie could have been so good if it was rated r. there are so many gory scenes that would be wonderful if shot similar to say.. the patriot. you know the scene when the dude is tearing it up, cutting all those mothereffers? yeah. but the previews look a little cheesy ;\ I'll probably check it out at some point, just to see.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 3:23:25 PM

To Kill a Mockingbird. Your argument is now invalid.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 3:47:35 PM
At 3/16/2012 1:54:11 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
This movie could have been so good if it was rated r. there are so many gory scenes that would be wonderful if shot similar to say.. the patriot. you know the scene when the dude is tearing it up, cutting all those mothereffers? yeah. but the previews look a little cheesy ;\ I'll probably check it out at some point, just to see.

I was thinking the same thing while reading the book. They would have to censor a shitload of stuff to not make it R.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Mak-zie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 7:20:32 PM
At 3/16/2012 1:30:47 AM, imabench wrote:
im not a fan of that hutchinson kid they have in the movie but im still thrilled that people are more excited over it than the final twilight movie

Peeta is incorrectly played. I never pictured Peeta so...like that. And Saoirse Ronan would have been a better Katniss.
"Never underestimate the power human stupidity." Robert A. Heinlein
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 8:14:58 AM
At 3/16/2012 7:20:32 PM, Mak-zie wrote:

Peeta is incorrectly played. I never pictured Peeta so...like that. And Saoirse Ronan would have been a better Katniss.

Actually, I think the actor the picked was perfect.

But, maybe thats just my opinion on how Peeta should be.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 8:35:11 AM
At 3/17/2012 8:14:58 AM, OberHerr wrote:

I can't make a Peeta judgement until I see the whole film.

Mak-zie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 5:08:02 PM
At 3/17/2012 8:35:11 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 3/17/2012 8:14:58 AM, OberHerr wrote:

I can't make a Peeta judgement until I see the whole film.

True.
"Never underestimate the power human stupidity." Robert A. Heinlein