Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Hunger Game Movie

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 3:09:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So, what are your thoughts of it from the little that has been revealed?

Do you think they will screw it up like the countless other book--->movie Hollywood has?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lannan13
Posts: 24,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 5:01:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
hm.....
Probably, they always find a way to swcrew things up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 9:39:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Totally. I really get the vibe that it'll end up being a Twilight-esque romance when that's more of a by-product of the more prominent and complex themes and ideas in the series.

Honestly, even though the series is a young-adult series, if I were directing a film adaptation, I wouldn't shoot for anything less than an R-rating.
It's not about reciprocation, it's just all about me,
a sycophantic, prophetic, Socratic junkie wannabe.

- The 1975, "The Sound"
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 9:50:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The problem is that you cannot make a good movie with an R rating as no studio will give you the money to do it.

At best, Hunger Games should have been 14A/
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 12:57:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I loved reading Hunger Games and the movie looks good too. Debating whether to get a shirt or not for opening day, hmmmm......
FREEDO
Posts: 21,868
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:22:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm scared.
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE
I AM THE GRAND POOBAH OF DDO
I AM THE BOOGIE MAN
I AM THE REAL LIFE SANTA CLAUSE
I AM THE PARADOXICAL ZEBRA PRANCING THROUGH THE GRASSY PLANES YOUR COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE
I AM THE REINCARNATION OF THE DEAD DREAMS OF HUMANITY
I AM THE DISH WHO RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
I am your friend.
imabench
Posts: 21,947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:30:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
im not a fan of that hutchinson kid they have in the movie but im still thrilled that people are more excited over it than the final twilight movie
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015

Internet Missing Person Alert: Angsty teen with daddy issues who is a failed horse rapist and also may be a cross-dresser. If spotted, please contact your local animal control or whatever disease-control organization is close by so they may return the species back to its garbage container habitat.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:33:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm not gonna lie: I'm a guy, and I enjoyed the Hunger Games books.
Exactly why I'm not going to see the movie, at least at first.
Movies never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do the books justice.

My case in point? Compare The Lightning Thief book to The Lightning Thief movie and tell me one similarity other than names.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,868
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:43:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/16/2012 1:33:10 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not gonna lie: I'm a guy, and I enjoyed the Hunger Games books.
Exactly why I'm not going to see the movie, at least at first.
Movies never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do the books justice.

My case in point? Compare The Lightning Thief book to The Lightning Thief movie and tell me one similarity other than names.

Actually, I'd say LoTR is an exception...
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE
I AM THE GRAND POOBAH OF DDO
I AM THE BOOGIE MAN
I AM THE REAL LIFE SANTA CLAUSE
I AM THE PARADOXICAL ZEBRA PRANCING THROUGH THE GRASSY PLANES YOUR COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE
I AM THE REINCARNATION OF THE DEAD DREAMS OF HUMANITY
I AM THE DISH WHO RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
I am your friend.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:44:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/16/2012 1:43:04 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/16/2012 1:33:10 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not gonna lie: I'm a guy, and I enjoyed the Hunger Games books.
Exactly why I'm not going to see the movie, at least at first.
Movies never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do the books justice.

My case in point? Compare The Lightning Thief book to The Lightning Thief movie and tell me one similarity other than names.

Actually, I'd say LoTR is an exception...

That's not entirely fair.
It's LoTR. 'Nuff said.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 1:54:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This movie could have been so good if it was rated r. there are so many gory scenes that would be wonderful if shot similar to say.. the patriot. you know the scene when the dude is tearing it up, cutting all those mothereffers? yeah. but the previews look a little cheesy ;\ I'll probably check it out at some point, just to see.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 3:23:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/16/2012 1:33:10 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not gonna lie: I'm a guy, and I enjoyed the Hunger Games books.
Exactly why I'm not going to see the movie, at least at first.
Movies never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do the books justice.

My case in point? Compare The Lightning Thief book to The Lightning Thief movie and tell me one similarity other than names.

To Kill a Mockingbird. Your argument is now invalid.
It's not about reciprocation, it's just all about me,
a sycophantic, prophetic, Socratic junkie wannabe.

- The 1975, "The Sound"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,868
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 3:47:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/16/2012 1:54:11 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
This movie could have been so good if it was rated r. there are so many gory scenes that would be wonderful if shot similar to say.. the patriot. you know the scene when the dude is tearing it up, cutting all those mothereffers? yeah. but the previews look a little cheesy ;\ I'll probably check it out at some point, just to see.

I was thinking the same thing while reading the book. They would have to censor a shitload of stuff to not make it R.
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE
I AM THE GRAND POOBAH OF DDO
I AM THE BOOGIE MAN
I AM THE REAL LIFE SANTA CLAUSE
I AM THE PARADOXICAL ZEBRA PRANCING THROUGH THE GRASSY PLANES YOUR COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE
I AM THE REINCARNATION OF THE DEAD DREAMS OF HUMANITY
I AM THE DISH WHO RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
I am your friend.
Mak-zie
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2012 7:20:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/16/2012 1:30:47 AM, imabench wrote:
im not a fan of that hutchinson kid they have in the movie but im still thrilled that people are more excited over it than the final twilight movie

Peeta is incorrectly played. I never pictured Peeta so...like that. And Saoirse Ronan would have been a better Katniss.
"Never underestimate the power human stupidity." Robert A. Heinlein
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 8:14:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/16/2012 7:20:32 PM, Mak-zie wrote:
At 3/16/2012 1:30:47 AM, imabench wrote:
im not a fan of that hutchinson kid they have in the movie but im still thrilled that people are more excited over it than the final twilight movie

Peeta is incorrectly played. I never pictured Peeta so...like that. And Saoirse Ronan would have been a better Katniss.

Actually, I think the actor the picked was perfect.

But, maybe thats just my opinion on how Peeta should be.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 8:35:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/17/2012 8:14:58 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:20:32 PM, Mak-zie wrote:
At 3/16/2012 1:30:47 AM, imabench wrote:
im not a fan of that hutchinson kid they have in the movie but im still thrilled that people are more excited over it than the final twilight movie

Peeta is incorrectly played. I never pictured Peeta so...like that. And Saoirse Ronan would have been a better Katniss.

Actually, I think the actor the picked was perfect.

But, maybe thats just my opinion on how Peeta should be.

I can't make a Peeta judgement until I see the whole film.
It's not about reciprocation, it's just all about me,
a sycophantic, prophetic, Socratic junkie wannabe.

- The 1975, "The Sound"
Mak-zie
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 5:08:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/17/2012 8:35:11 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 3/17/2012 8:14:58 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 3/16/2012 7:20:32 PM, Mak-zie wrote:
At 3/16/2012 1:30:47 AM, imabench wrote:
im not a fan of that hutchinson kid they have in the movie but im still thrilled that people are more excited over it than the final twilight movie

Peeta is incorrectly played. I never pictured Peeta so...like that. And Saoirse Ronan would have been a better Katniss.

Actually, I think the actor the picked was perfect.

But, maybe thats just my opinion on how Peeta should be.

I can't make a Peeta judgement until I see the whole film.

True.
"Never underestimate the power human stupidity." Robert A. Heinlein