Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Star Trek, did you know?

Add Post
Forum Moderator

3/21/2012 5:16:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I was watching an old TOS, The Menagerie, and the woman who played Christopher Pike's "Number 1", was nurse Christine Chapel in the later episodes, but that's not what got me, there was something familiar about her voice (I have a thing about voices), and it hit me, she sounds like the Star Trek computer voice. I went and checked and sure enough, I was correct, Nurse Chapel is the computer voice for the later series and movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 5:56:32 PM
Hmm that is interesting.. I think voices have a way of recalling our memory more significantly than vision in many cases. Most of the time I'm thinking about where I know an actor or actress from its because I just heard their voice in a show or movie, and I'm trying to place it.

But thats def. some interesting trivia u've revealed.
Debate.org Moderator
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:06:55 PM
Lol, I love this thread. First non-serious topic created under the forum moderator.

I DECLARE THIS THREAD HOLY GROUND.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:07:44 PM
At 3/21/2012 6:06:55 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Lol, I love this thread. First non-serious topic created under the forum moderator.

Lol.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:17:19 PM
At 3/21/2012 6:07:44 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Lol.

xD
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:26:34 PM
Yes, I knew that. :) Majel Barrett-Roddenberry who went on to marry Star Trek's creator. She also played Deanna Troi's mother, Lwaxana, in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Thankfully she was able to do the voice for the Enterprise's computer in the 2009 Star Trek movie before she passed away, but now we'll have to live with a new voice of the computer with the new movie.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:27:46 PM
At 3/21/2012 5:16:55 PM, innomen wrote:
Sorry, i forgot to log out of my mod power log in.

Majel Barret, wife of Gene Roddenberry.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:28:40 PM
At 3/21/2012 6:26:34 PM, KeytarHero wrote:
Yes, I knew that. :) Majel Barrett-Roddenberry who went on to marry Star Trek's creator. She also played Deanna Troi's mother, Lwaxana, in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Thankfully she was able to do the voice for the Enterprise's computer in the 2009 Star Trek movie before she passed away, but now we'll have to live with a new voice of the computer with the new movie.

Solution: Raise her from the dead.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 12:23:26 AM

I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 3:54:22 AM
I didn't realize she was Luaxana Troi, nor that she was dead - bummer, but talk about someone from the very beginning going all the way through every series since, unsure about all of the movies.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 6:41:19 AM
At 3/22/2012 3:54:22 AM, innomen wrote:
I didn't realize she was Luaxana Troi, nor that she was dead - bummer, but talk about someone from the very beginning going all the way through every series since, unsure about all of the movies.

After Deep Space Nine it became popular to have certain recurring actors appear on the show (most notably Jeffrey Combs) but you're correct in there being little cross over from the original series. While many made a single appearance in one other show/movie I'm not sure anyone else comes as close as Majel did.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:22:48 AM
At 3/21/2012 5:16:55 PM, innomen wrote:
Sorry, i forgot to log out of my mod power log in.

Lol, as soon as I saw it was a mod and the topic was star trek, I knew it was you.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:44:05 PM
Yeah Majel-Barrett probably has more total lines than any other actor in ST history! It's funny because you don't really think about it while watching, despite the fact she's in all the major series (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY).
Rob