Mad Men

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 8:20:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mad Men? Anyone? Bueller?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 3:38:50 PM
At 3/27/2012 8:20:00 PM, Oryus wrote:

I like it, but it's very predicatable, and at times it's just tedious when you see a pretty girl and Don, and you can pretty much wrap up the whole episode from there. I also wish they wouldn't zoom ahead from the early 60's to the 70's. It was better when they stayed in the early 60's.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 3:40:45 PM
At 3/30/2012 3:38:50 PM, innomen wrote:

I like it, but it's very predicatable, and at times it's just tedious when you see a pretty girl and Don, and you can pretty much wrap up the whole episode from there. I also wish they wouldn't zoom ahead from the early 60's to the 70's. It was better when they stayed in the early 60's.

Well, they're definitely doing the time change on purpose. The show is kind of a critique of the culture of the 60's, not just a show that takes place during it.

But yes, it can be very predictable sometimes. I agree. Then other times- it throws you a crazy curveball. Enough to keep me interested anyway. I'm not much for dramatic television shows but I really like Mad Men.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 3:46:24 PM
At 4/1/2012 3:40:45 PM, Oryus wrote:

Well, they're definitely doing the time change on purpose. The show is kind of a critique of the culture of the 60's, not just a show that takes place during it.

But yes, it can be very predictable sometimes. I agree. Then other times- it throws you a crazy curveball. Enough to keep me interested anyway. I'm not much for dramatic television shows but I really like Mad Men.

I watched like 56 episodes streaming on Netflix, which is a good way of indulging in it, and I agree with you, but still don't know why they need to speed up the history to take a critical look at the times.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 4:14:46 PM
At 4/1/2012 3:46:24 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/1/2012 3:40:45 PM, Oryus wrote:

I watched like 56 episodes streaming on Netflix, which is a good way of indulging in it, and I agree with you, but still don't know why they need to speed up the history to take a critical look at the times.

Yeah, I'm not sure why. They did have a very abrupt change of time between 4th and 5th season.

And I wasn't super impressed with the first episode of the new season but I reallllly hope they know what they're doing because I love the characters. I'd love to see more.
:
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 2:17:29 AM
I'm a huge Mad Men fan. Love the characters, the acting, the writing.Everyone feels....real. There's nobody who you say"Oh come on, nobody acts like that" It gets trumped only by one other show however, and that's Breaking Bad. Holy f*ck that show is awesome.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 2:22:29 AM
At 4/3/2012 2:17:29 AM, MarquisX wrote:
I'm a huge Mad Men fan. Love the characters, the acting, the writing.Everyone feels....real. There's nobody who you say"Oh come on, nobody acts like that" It gets trumped only by one other show however, and that's Breaking Bad. Holy f*ck that show is awesome.

Breaking Bad is a very good show. No doubt. But Mad Mens variety of characters makes it pretty alluring for me. And the variety continues to grow. That's what the latest episode seemed to be hinting at, anyway.
:
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 10:26:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Love everything about it.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 10:37:11 PM
It's ridiculous how balding Pete is.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 4:31:57 AM
At 5/1/2013 10:37:11 PM, Noumena wrote:

Everything about Pete is ridiculous; but that's coming from a guy who has to fight an urge to throw something at the TV every time he has a scene.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:24:08 PM
At 5/3/2013 4:31:57 AM, YYW wrote:

Everything about Pete is ridiculous; but that's coming from a guy who has to fight an urge to throw something at the TV every time he has a scene.

He also smoked pot in about the least cool way possible in either last week's episode or the one before. And more balding.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:35:21 PM

He's going to snap eventually. No way they make his life so terrible without making him snap.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:40:35 PM
At 6/14/2013 10:35:21 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

He's going to snap eventually. No way they make his life so terrible without making him snap.

Meh. He's prone to wild reactions to things he doesn't like. I don't think he'd actually snap (i.e., do something drastic). Maybe he'll find another firm this season or next. I remember some recent episode alluded to it as a possibility when he visited Duck "just to see what his options were".
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:48:30 PM
At 6/14/2013 10:40:35 PM, Noumena wrote:

Meh. He's prone to wild reactions to things he doesn't like. I don't think he'd actually snap (i.e., do something drastic). Maybe he'll find another firm this season or next. I remember some recent episode alluded to it as a possibility when he visited Duck "just to see what his options were".

I know but I mean... he's been kind of flat. If he doesn't snap I might feel let down.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:56:17 PM
At 6/14/2013 10:48:30 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 6/14/2013 10:40:35 PM, Noumena wrote:

I know but I mean... he's been kind of flat. If he doesn't snap I might feel let down.

If he does snap methinks it will be on that fellow Bob Benson. That scene between them was a bit tense.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 11:13:20 PM
I'll say that Ginsberg has been one of the best (non-major*) characters this season.

*Referring to characters other than Don, Roger, Peggy, and maybe Pete.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 11:51:57 PM
At 6/14/2013 11:13:20 PM, Noumena wrote:
I'll say that Ginsberg has been one of the best (non-major*) characters this season.

*Referring to characters other than Don, Roger, Peggy, and maybe Pete.

Yeah he's interesting.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:24:53 PM
The finale was rather interesting. I wonder what this means for next season? A juicy sub-plot for Bob Benson? Getting rid of Don's wife (who's name escapes me)? Don being more open about his past?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:27:47 PM
At 6/27/2013 11:24:53 PM, Noumena wrote:
The finale was rather interesting.

I haven't seen it yet. It's saved a la DVR.

I wonder what this means for next season? A juicy sub-plot for Bob Benson?

Possibly... that could be interesting. But I thought this was the last season?

Getting rid of Don's wife (who's name escapes me)?

Meghan, and I hope not. She's the first of Don's "women" I haven't disliked.

Don being more open about his past?

Doubtful.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 12:05:50 AM
At 6/27/2013 11:27:47 PM, YYW wrote:

Dear god no.

Doubtful.

I would debate but spoilers.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 1:48:46 PM
At 6/28/2013 12:05:50 AM, Noumena wrote:

Dear god no.

Doubtful.

Can we debate yet?
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 5:55:54 PM
At 6/30/2013 1:48:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 6/28/2013 12:05:50 AM, Noumena wrote:

Dear god no.

Doubtful.

Can we debate yet?

Ask YYW ;)