Jump to topic:

Guild Wars 2

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2012 10:43:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is anyone else following this like crazy? I might be having too high of hopes for this game. But I'm sick of wow and this game seems to be unlike wow in all the right ways.

Thoughts?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 12:34:28 AM
I don't know that game
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 1:59:19 PM
Nobody? Seriously?

I'm actually shocked o.O
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 9:50:03 PM
Just in case you didn't know.... This thread exists.
:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:23:11 AM
Halo 4 for me. :P

SOOOOO excited.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 9:49:35 PM
At 5/17/2012 10:36:51 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I want it but I need a new rig and I just picked up the original (which is great).

So I'll play through 1 until 2 goes on sale around xMas :P

I'm worried they're just going to release it for xmas o.O
:
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 11:30:30 PM
At 5/19/2012 9:49:35 PM, Oryus wrote:
I want it but I need a new rig and I just picked up the original (which is great).

Really? I thought it was due Summer.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:02:22 AM
At 5/19/2012 11:30:30 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Eh, nothing official announced aside from "2012" as far as I know. I think the rest is hype. But hopefully it does come out this summer.
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:08:57 AM
At 5/20/2012 2:02:22 AM, Oryus wrote:

Eh, nothing official announced aside from "2012" as far as I know. I think the rest is hype. But hopefully it does come out this summer.

They probably would have announced it already if they were going to have a Summer release date. Winter 2012, seems more likely what they are aiming for.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:10:27 AM
At 5/20/2012 2:08:57 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

They probably would have announced it already if they were going to have a Summer release date. Winter 2012, seems more likely what they are aiming for.

Ugh. Rip my heart out, why don't you.
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:16:34 AM
At 5/20/2012 2:10:27 AM, Oryus wrote:

Well anything is possible. But most blockbuster games don't come out during the Summer lull of video games.. September is a possibility though
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:17:21 AM
At 5/20/2012 2:16:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Well anything is possible. But most blockbuster games don't come out during the Summer lull of video games.. September is a possibility though

Rip it out and just stomp on it. Just right on it.
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:22:49 AM
At 5/20/2012 2:17:21 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/20/2012 2:16:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Rip it out and just stomp on it. Just right on it.

I'll call NCsoft and ArenaNet to see what I can do... Perhaps they'll agree to release it next week :P
Debate.org Moderator
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:35:38 AM
While I basically don't care about anything but Diablo 3 right now, I did see a preview somewhere that showed the alternative to wow-style questing and grinding.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 8:43:47 PM
At 5/20/2012 2:35:38 AM, tvellalott wrote:
While I basically don't care about anything but Diablo 3 right now, I did see a preview somewhere that showed the alternative to wow-style questing and grinding.

You mind if I ask what your opinions are on the censorship issue with video games in Australia?

In the case of Diablo, some gamers were concerned but it ultimately got a suitable rating...

I don't know if it happens a lot, but it seems to be an issue that comes up occasionally because there is no classification beyond 15+, (I believe the rating is something like that) so will you buy games from an on-line retailer to avoid a censored game? Or is it something that hasn't really been an issue for you thus far?
Debate.org Moderator
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 8:57:57 PM
At 5/20/2012 8:43:47 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
You mind if I ask what your opinions are on the censorship issue with video games in Australia?

It's fvcking bullsh!t. As far as I'm concerned this issue should have been resolved years ago with an 18+ rating for games... How hard is it? I mean, the censors play the game... Is this game suitable for children? No. Young teens? No. Older teens? No. Is it so perverse is should be banned? No. Bingo-bango, slap an R-rating on it. I'm 25 years old for fvck sake. I want to kill zombies with chainsaws and run down hookers in stolen cars, not play Bejeweled 2.

In the case of Diablo, some gamers were concerned but it ultimately got a suitable rating...

Yeah, thank fvck for that.

I don't know if it happens a lot, but it seems to be an issue that comes up occasionally because there is no classification beyond 15+, (I believe the rating is something like that) so will you buy games from an on-line retailer to avoid a censored game? Or is it something that hasn't really been an issue for you thus far?

It HAS been an issue. I bought L4D2 on Steam not knowing I was going to get the censored version. It was... just bad. I found a way to exploit it by using L4D1 servers to play the game uncensored but still... There was no warning or anything. In future, I'll be a lot more careful. Not that I should need to be...

Having said that, I believe we're making progress with the R-rating for games now... http://www.r18games.com.au...

...or not...

Muh threads
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:10:42 PM
At 5/20/2012 8:57:57 PM, tvellalott wrote:

It's fvcking bullsh!t. As far as I'm concerned this issue should have been resolved years ago with an 18+ rating for games... How hard is it? I mean, the censors play the game... Is this game suitable for children? No. Young teens? No. Older teens? No. Is it so perverse is should be banned? No. Bingo-bango, slap an R-rating on it. I'm 25 years old for fvck sake. I want to kill zombies with chainsaws and run down hookers in stolen cars, not play Bejeweled 2.

It HAS been an issue. I bought L4D2 on Steam not knowing I was going to get the censored version. It was... just bad. I found a way to exploit it by using L4D1 servers to play the game uncensored but still... There was no warning or anything. In future, I'll be a lot more careful. Not that I should need to be...

Having said that, I believe we're making progress with the R-rating for games now... http://www.r18games.com.au...

...or not...

Thanks for your response. I know this issue would drive me crazy. While some games in the US get discontinued due to public opinion, (Thrill Kill comes to mind) it's never an issue of the government outright banning them or censoring them.

The ESRB (US video game ratings board) is a self imposed way to rate the games by the industry based on appropriateness, and since AO (adult only games) are seen as unmarketable on consoles, they simply don't exist. But M (17+) rated games are quite popular and make up a larger and larger percentage of the newer games on consoles and AO games are readily available to those who want to play them on PC.

I don't think I (and most US citizens) would be willing to put up with the type of censorship you have described, and the political situation in the US makes it unlikely. Although Joe Lieberman and Hillary Clinton made this a big issue in the late 90's, with nothing significant coming from it.

So I'm wondering if you have some particular insight into how this situation manifested politically in Australia, and do you see the political climate regarding this issue changing anytime soon?
Debate.org Moderator
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:43:41 PM
At 5/20/2012 9:10:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
So I'm wondering if you have some particular insight into how this situation manifested politically in Australia, and do you see the political climate regarding this issue changing anytime soon?

I have no idea how it came to be this way. The first time I realised it was even an issue was when L4D2 was banned.

Muh threads
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:11:58 PM
At 5/20/2012 8:57:57 PM, tvellalott wrote:

:

LOLOLOL!!!!!

...or not...
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:12:44 PM
At 5/20/2012 2:35:38 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Yes! It is FAR less tedious from the questing point of view and there is no worming your way around the game- you can't just grind and still become powerful.
:
CliffTheCorrupt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 11:03:05 AM

It's due to be released in the last days of June. That's what the general consensus is.