Jump to topic:

Thoughts on funerail raid

Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 4:45:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Perhaps old news to some, but to those who aren't really a part of the World of Warcraft community, it certainly is pretty interesting.

Personally, I think it's pretty funny. Granted, I understand that the girl having died is not a laughing matter, but one has to wonder what this clan was thinking in not only announcing that they would be hosting this funeral on forums, but that they announced that they would be in an area where players are allowed to attack each other.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 4:56:04 PM
xDDDDD
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 5:25:31 PM
Haha, that is hilarious! Bit cruel and all that, but hilarious regardless. Funny video too, good use of music.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 9:29:31 PM
In the WOW community, this event does have mixed reviews. I do not play on a PvP server as I don't enjoy that aspect of the game outside of BG's and 3v3 stuff. These guys should have known better and positioned guards, or sentries to yell, "Incoming", or held the funeral in one of the cities which have more defense. The raid would not have been enough to cause to much trouble if they had been more proactive. I wonder is serenity now is getting camped still, though.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2009 10:57:45 PM
I doubt the guild still exists.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 2:59:04 PM
1) They should have chosen a city with an abundance of protection.
2) The should have set guards and sentries.
3) They shouldn't have been so public with the funeral.

I mean, to catch such a gathering of people, some newbs, off guard is just ingenious, in no small part to the newbs.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 6:21:11 PM
At 7/19/2009 4:57:47 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I know nothing about WoW... but a funeral raid seems pretty sh1tty... ?
It's a pvp server. This means that when they created their characters, the game basically told them "You will get killed by people vastly outgearing you. At the sh1ttiest possible time. Repeatedly."

In different words, but...

Btw, I guess I was wrong, the guild still exists.

http://www.serenity-now.org...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.