Jump to topic:

South Park Season 16

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:10:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
South Park is going from strength to strength.

The writers have always been good at taking the piss out of things, but the way they've gotten more and more satirical and down-right nasty about things is just profound. One episode will have a plain ridiculous storyline (S16E01 was about Clyde's mother getting killed because he left the toilet seat up and she got her organs ripped out by the suction, lol) and then the next episode is really deep satire, making a big statement about douchebag shopping networks, cash for gold stores and cheap foreign labour.

It may well be the best cartoon ever.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:22:21 PM
It really is, first comedy I've ever seen that I spend the whole time thinking "now what was that a reference to?"

I have to admit though that I didn't understand the most recent episode entirely.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 11:14:22 PM
you know what is crazy? they make the episodes the week before it is due. seriously? like what. the. fvck, man.

you don't know how many times i have the urge to post south park clips in response to posts (for instance, the 'dumb dumb dumb' mormon clip)

They get away with sh!tting all over every issue and it is pure gold. They have that reputation of being "just old crazy south park" so they can really..... go there.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 11:17:33 PM
At 4/2/2012 11:14:22 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
you know what is crazy? they make the episodes the week before it is due. seriously? like what. the. fvck, man.

That's the amazing part, right? It's like Parker is driving down the street, sees a "Cash for Gold" store and goes "BANG! There's this weeks episode!"
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 7:29:45 AM
At 4/2/2012 7:10:25 PM, tvellalott wrote:
South Park is going from strength to strength.

The writers have always been good at taking the piss out of things, but the way they've gotten more and more satirical and down-right nasty about things is just profound. One episode will have a plain ridiculous storyline (S16E01 was about Clyde's mother getting killed because he left the toilet seat up and she got her organs ripped out by the suction, lol) and then the next episode is really deep satire, making a big statement about douchebag shopping networks, cash for gold stores and cheap foreign labour.

It may well be the best cartoon ever.
South park is the best cartoon ever. I loved all their episodes till I saw Faith hilling or something like that. that episode was just dumb and annoying. My fav one was "medical chicken"
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 9:15:57 PM
I worship Trey Parker. He is a god.

Lucy Harris, smart smart smart! Marvin Harris, DUMB!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 9:22:23 PM
At 4/7/2012 9:15:57 PM, Oryus wrote:
I worship Trey Parker. He is a god.

Lucy Harris, smart smart smart! Martin Harris, DUMB!

oopsie!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 12:28:57 AM
A south park thread!? How did I not see this!? I love the show, seen every episode. I have to say though, a few of them in season 16 weren't that great. The jewpacabra one was lame. But the shopping network one made me LOL.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 1:30:58 PM
At 4/27/2012 12:28:57 AM, TUF wrote:
A south park thread!? How did I not see this!? I love the show, seen every episode. I have to say though, a few of them in season 16 weren't that great. The jewpacabra one was lame. But the shopping network one made me LOL.

The jewpacabra one was one of their best. There was a lot of commentary in it about religious beleif - some of it quite subtle.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it