Jump to topic:

Songs That Change Your Life

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 5:16:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
My friend and I were talking about songs that have greatly affected us, though they are not necessarily our favorites (but often are). For instance, she cited "Conquer the World" by Bad Religion as a song that opened her eyes about politics, religion, got her into punk music in general, and sort of defined an era for her in her life (angsty teen turns progressive college activist) - lol. What's yours?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 5:25:55 AM
Mine is definitely GLORY BOX by Portishead.

I love the band. I love the song. I love trip hop (and this is the song that essentially got me into the genre). The lyrics have really hit home for me. I like the guitar part and their take on the song in general; the background is actually sampled by a few trip hop bands. I've had ridiculously passionate sex to this song. It interests me and has many layers. It never fails to evoke some sort of response from me, sometimes emotional. It's one of my favorite songs to listen to when I feel like smoking hookah (or... otherwise) and just sitting back and relaxing. I've actually listened to and liked this song on all kinds of substances. It's inspired me (creatively, writing and such). It reminds me of significant person(s). I have good memories while listening to this song. It's one of my all-time favorites; a classic that doesn't get old.
President of DDO
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 8:54:35 AM
Though I can't be as explicit about music as you can, I know when a song really does something to me. I don't have a particularly big vocabularly, but basically, I know it when it happens. Because I can feel it :D

I'm just going to list off a few rock/pop songs. I have a few piano/choral pieces that fit the topic too, but they're a bit hard to find. These are all Japanese songs too, as most of my music is from the anime I watch. I don't know Japanese; I just find the tunes really good. The melodies alone are sufficient to move me ^_^

Just picked a relevant result off of YT.

Basquash - Yuu Yamada - "Free"
TTGL - Shoko Nakagawa - "Sorairo Days"
TTGL - Taku Iwasaki - "Libera Me From Hell"
Gundam 00 - STEPHANIE - "Friends"
Infinite Ryvius - Mika Arisaka - "Dis-"
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?