Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Scariest movie

EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:48:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

That wasn't scary at all, if any it was more cheesy than scary. The newer exorcist movies are scarier. And that's saying things. Though the scariest movies ive seen are the Japanese ghost movies. They are absolutely disgusting and creepy. The grudge was pretty creepy. Especially the under the covers scene. *Shudders*
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:50:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:48:40 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

That wasn't scary at all, if any it was more cheesy than scary. The newer exorcist movies are scarier. And that's saying things. Though the scariest movies ive seen are the Japanese ghost movies. They are absolutely disgusting and creepy. The grudge was pretty creepy. Especially the under the covers scene. *Shudders*

I wasn't into the special effects, but I thought the rest was good. I'm trying to find time to watch the Paranormal activity movies. Ever seen "The Rite"?
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:58:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:50:57 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:48:40 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

That wasn't scary at all, if any it was more cheesy than scary. The newer exorcist movies are scarier. And that's saying things. Though the scariest movies ive seen are the Japanese ghost movies. They are absolutely disgusting and creepy. The grudge was pretty creepy. Especially the under the covers scene. *Shudders*

I wasn't into the special effects, but I thought the rest was good. I'm trying to find time to watch the Paranormal activity movies. Ever seen "The Rite"?

I dont watch the Paranormal activity movies. I heard they were just for laughs. I havnt seen The Rite either.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:00:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:58:07 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:50:57 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:48:40 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

That wasn't scary at all, if any it was more cheesy than scary. The newer exorcist movies are scarier. And that's saying things. Though the scariest movies ive seen are the Japanese ghost movies. They are absolutely disgusting and creepy. The grudge was pretty creepy. Especially the under the covers scene. *Shudders*

I wasn't into the special effects, but I thought the rest was good. I'm trying to find time to watch the Paranormal activity movies. Ever seen "The Rite"?

I dont watch the Paranormal activity movies. I heard they were just for laughs. I havnt seen The Rite either.

Yeah, I've heard the first PA movie was the best. I'm more into the older stuff. These newer blood and guts "horror" movies just aren't that scary lol. I've heard about the Grudge. I'll have to check it out.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:03:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:00:50 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:58:07 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:50:57 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:48:40 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

That wasn't scary at all, if any it was more cheesy than scary. The newer exorcist movies are scarier. And that's saying things. Though the scariest movies ive seen are the Japanese ghost movies. They are absolutely disgusting and creepy. The grudge was pretty creepy. Especially the under the covers scene. *Shudders*

I wasn't into the special effects, but I thought the rest was good. I'm trying to find time to watch the Paranormal activity movies. Ever seen "The Rite"?

I dont watch the Paranormal activity movies. I heard they were just for laughs. I havnt seen The Rite either.

Yeah, I've heard the first PA movie was the best. I'm more into the older stuff. These newer blood and guts "horror" movies just aren't that scary lol. I've heard about the Grudge. I'll have to check it out.

Classics are way too cheesy to me. But yeah, youve got to watch at least the first Grudge. It makes your spine tingle, Its really good.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:44:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dora the Explorer *Shudders*
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:50:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:44:54 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Dora the Explorer *Shudders*

and Diego!

O.O

Scary stuff that.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 9:16:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:50:41 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/29/2012 8:44:54 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Dora the Explorer *Shudders*

and Diego!

O.O

Scary stuff that.

Lol, true. :P
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 12:25:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
My favorite horror movie I've watched was The Omen. I don't watch that many horror movies, but this one was one of the creepiest.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 1:34:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Definently Paranormal Activity. Holy sh1t. Normally I never even come close to getting scared in movies. But omg. It was horrifying. It was worse cause I watched it alone at 12:00 at night. Sleeping after that was, difficult.

Definently watch it when you get the time. Its an experience.
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 4:40:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/30/2012 12:25:38 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
My favorite horror movie I've watched was The Omen. I don't watch that many horror movies, but this one was one of the creepiest.

I agree. That is definitely one of my favorites.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 4:41:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/30/2012 1:34:34 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Definently Paranormal Activity. Holy sh1t. Normally I never even come close to getting scared in movies. But omg. It was horrifying. It was worse cause I watched it alone at 12:00 at night. Sleeping after that was, difficult.

Definently watch it when you get the time. Its an experience.

I'm gonna have to rent it here sometime. I've heard it's one of the better horror movies. XD
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
RedneckR0nin
Posts: 73
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 5:40:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know a ton of underground horror film makers and production company owners. I was even in a horror movie last year set to be released this year sometime soon. If you want actual make you jump and get anxiety ridden?
Then Balaguero's (Rec) is arguably one of them. He's a great guy even though we don't speak each others language we correspond quite often! Creepy film and although slow the ending makes up for it totally!

Overall if you want scary from the get go and throughout the film? Then it is easily À l'intérieur or Inside. That show is NUTS and so bloody creepy and scary I will go to say it dwarfs anything you guys listed. If you want a film that keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time and peaking through your fingers that is the all time scariest film so far.

Scary for me is not to be confused with horrific though and I guess that is for another thread and another day!
RedneckR0nin
Posts: 73
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 5:42:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:48:40 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

That wasn't scary at all, if any it was more cheesy than scary. The newer exorcist movies are scarier. And that's saying things. Though the scariest movies ive seen are the Japanese ghost movies. They are absolutely disgusting and creepy. The grudge was pretty creepy. Especially the under the covers scene. *Shudders*

Have you seen the Japanese version of it Ju On ? That is by far waaaayyyyyyy scarier than the American version. Americans I hate to say ruin horror movies when they take them from Asia and this is no exception!
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 5:47:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/30/2012 5:40:19 PM, RedneckR0nin wrote:
I know a ton of underground horror film makers and production company owners. I was even in a horror movie last year set to be released this year sometime soon. If you want actual make you jump and get anxiety ridden?
Then Balaguero's (Rec) is arguably one of them. He's a great guy even though we don't speak each others language we correspond quite often! Creepy film and although slow the ending makes up for it totally!

Overall if you want scary from the get go and throughout the film? Then it is easily À l'intérieur or Inside. That show is NUTS and so bloody creepy and scary I will go to say it dwarfs anything you guys listed. If you want a film that keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time and peaking through your fingers that is the all time scariest film so far.

Scary for me is not to be confused with horrific though and I guess that is for another thread and another day!

Sounds like I've got a few more to check out. Thanks! :D
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 5:48:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Umm....

I for one abstain from things that make me scared to stay alone for a few seconds, and jump at every noise, and unable to sleep for the next three months.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 5:50:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Haunting in Connecticut was another good one.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 2:16:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/30/2012 4:41:54 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 4/30/2012 1:34:34 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Definently Paranormal Activity. Holy sh1t. Normally I never even come close to getting scared in movies. But omg. It was horrifying. It was worse cause I watched it alone at 12:00 at night. Sleeping after that was, difficult.

Definently watch it when you get the time. Its an experience.

I'm gonna have to rent it here sometime. I've heard it's one of the better horror movies. XD

http://www.putlocker.com...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:24:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/1/2012 2:36:08 AM, FREEDO wrote:
How can anyone find the Paranormal Activity movies scary?!??!?!?!?!
They are crap!

Agreed.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:46:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I am a horror movie fan from way, way back. I recently compiled a list of the 5 movies that scared me the most, in no particular order, along with the age I first saw them. Spoiler warning!

The Ring (US Remake, 2002 @ 15 years old): I have since seen the original, but I maintain the US remake was pretty good. When she comes out of the TV, I sh!t bricks.

Nightmare on Elm Street (1984 @ around 10 years old): This movie scared adults, but it REALLY scares children, like me... My grandmother and dad were both VERY liberal about which horror movies I could watch. Freddy Kruger scared me for a number of years.

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987 @ around 10 years old): This movie is in my top 10 favourite movies of all time, but also scared the living fvck out of me when I watched it. Is that someone in my fruit celler? *shiver*

Pet Cemetery (1989 @ around 12 years old): The first of two Stephen King appearances on this list. The creepy little undead kid... the crippled aunt/sister/thing. Holy jesus... This movie was scary! And it has such a great ending! Love it.

Last but not least, the most scarring movie experience in my memory..
The Shining (TV Mini-series, 1997 @ around 13 years old): The Jack Nicholson version is superior in almost every way, except for two... one of which remains the scariest scene I can ever remember in a movie... The Room 217 scene and the ending. The Room 217 scene is the only time I can ever remember running out of the room in fear. It's probably tame now, if I were to rewatch it but at the time... Let's just say I was scared of bathrooms for a while.

This is my list with movies that scared me. I wouldn't try to argue they're scarier than Alien, The Exorcist or any of those other classic horror movies. It's just Alien and The Exorcist didn't scare me (I watched them all around the same time... There was a period from about 1997-2002 where I watched almost every horror movie I could get my hands on. So yeah, this is my list.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:51:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/1/2012 2:36:08 AM, FREEDO wrote:
How can anyone find the Paranormal Activity movies scary?!??!?!?!?!
They are crap!

Hooked up with my current missus for the first time while watching ParaActiv 2 for the first time. Never did watch that whole movie.

I was unfortunate enough to have seen the sh!t ending for PA1. I watched that whole movie saying to myself "It's going to get better... it's GOT to get better! I hope it gets better soon... How much is left? Does it even have TIME to get better?" and then... it didn't get better. A freaky close up of her devil face would have been cool. The only good bit was when she got dragged out of the bed, because I think I saw her minge for a split second. LOL.

Paranormal Activity 3 was alright, but I saw it quite stoned and found lots of bits of it to be laugh out loud funny, which ruined the 'scary' bits.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 11:23:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A tale of two sisters was pretty terrifying.

and it has an awesome ending.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 11:39:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/1/2012 11:23:48 PM, Oryus wrote:
A tale of two sisters was pretty terrifying.

and it has an awesome ending.

2,000 post!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 12:49:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/1/2012 10:46:17 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I am a horror movie fan from way, way back. I recently compiled a list of the 5 movies that scared me the most, in no particular order, along with the age I first saw them. Spoiler warning!

The Ring (US Remake, 2002 @ 15 years old): I have since seen the original, but I maintain the US remake was pretty good. When she comes out of the TV, I sh!t bricks.

Nightmare on Elm Street (1984 @ around 10 years old): This movie scared adults, but it REALLY scares children, like me... My grandmother and dad were both VERY liberal about which horror movies I could watch. Freddy Kruger scared me for a number of years.

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987 @ around 10 years old): This movie is in my top 10 favourite movies of all time, but also scared the living fvck out of me when I watched it. Is that someone in my fruit celler? *shiver*

Pet Cemetery (1989 @ around 12 years old): The first of two Stephen King appearances on this list. The creepy little undead kid... the crippled aunt/sister/thing. Holy jesus... This movie was scary! And it has such a great ending! Love it.

Last but not least, the most scarring movie experience in my memory..
The Shining (TV Mini-series, 1997 @ around 13 years old): The Jack Nicholson version is superior in almost every way, except for two... one of which remains the scariest scene I can ever remember in a movie... The Room 217 scene and the ending. The Room 217 scene is the only time I can ever remember running out of the room in fear. It's probably tame now, if I were to rewatch it but at the time... Let's just say I was scared of bathrooms for a while.


This is my list with movies that scared me. I wouldn't try to argue they're scarier than Alien, The Exorcist or any of those other classic horror movies. It's just Alien and The Exorcist didn't scare me (I watched them all around the same time... There was a period from about 1997-2002 where I watched almost every horror movie I could get my hands on. So yeah, this is my list.

Lol i was about to say how did you get from '89 to 2k in two years, then i realized that you saw them AFTER the original release. I fail.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 2:26:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

The Sound of Music. Talk about movies that creep you out!
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 8:54:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/2/2012 2:26:53 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:44:18 PM, EvanK wrote:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but what would you say is the scariest movie ever? I'm more into the psychological thriller/horror type movies, and the only movie that has really freaked the heck outta me was "The Exorcist". Just saw it last night, and dang that was creepy. Made the mistake of watching it at night lol XD

So, what do you think is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

The Sound of Music. Talk about movies that creep you out!

O.O

Perhaps the only thing I agreed with Charleslb on.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-