Jump to topic:

So watcha, watcha, watcha want?

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:54:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is anyone else super sad that a Beastie Boy died? My spirit is significantly broken :(

I'm living in a world with one less Beastie Boy... it just feels wrong.

RIP MCA
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:57:16 PM
*bashes for being sad over a famous person's(that I don't know of) death*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:59:11 PM
Yeah, actually I don't usually get sad over celebrity deaths. I honestly can't remember the last time I was sad that a celebrity died. I guess the last time was Eyedea- but he's not nearly as famous as the beastie boys.

I'm genuinely sad that a beastie boy has died.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:00:12 PM
At 5/6/2012 9:57:16 PM, OberHerr wrote:

MCA was from the Beastie Boys.. the greatest Jewish rappers of all time.. and a great group in general.. though I wasn't their biggest fan..

You gotta fight, for your right, to party!!!

RIP MCA
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:00:45 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:00:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

MCA was from the Beastie Boys.. the greatest Jewish rappers of all time.. and a great group in general.. though I wasn't their biggest fan..

RIP MCA

He died for our right to party.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:01:22 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:00:20 PM, Koopin wrote:
I think I'd cry if David Bowie died.

I can't think of a celebrity I would cry over the death of...... but I understand that sentiment. David Bowie is a god after all.
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:01:37 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:00:45 PM, Oryus wrote:

RIP MCA

Yes he did.. And so we must.
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:02:09 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:01:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/6/2012 10:00:45 PM, Oryus wrote:

RIP MCA

Yes he did.. And so we must.

In his honor.

*swig*
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 8:38:12 AM
At 5/6/2012 9:54:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
Is anyone else super sad that a Beastie Boy died? My spirit is significantly broken :(

RIP MCA

Yeah, I have very similar feelings. I'm generally apathetic to celebrities dying, but Whitney was disconcerting and MCA is outright sad.

I was definitely saddened by Eyedea dying, too.

However, all this sadness -- I know it's selfishly derived. :\

Deep down inside, I know that I don't know these people, and it just makes me a little sad inside that, with finality and irrevocability, these people will never make music that I rather liked ever, ever again.

So, I guess that's why I was sad when Heath Ledger died, too.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 1:15:17 PM
At 5/7/2012 8:38:12 AM, Ren wrote:
At 5/6/2012 9:54:13 PM, Oryus wrote:

RIP MCA

Yeah, I have very similar feelings. I'm generally apathetic to celebrities dying, but Whitney was disconcerting and MCA is outright sad.

I was definitely saddened by Eyedea dying, too.

However, all this sadness -- I know it's selfishly derived. :\

Deep down inside, I know that I don't know these people, and it just makes me a little sad inside that, with finality and irrevocability, these people will never make music that I rather liked ever, ever again.

So, I guess that's why I was sad when Heath Ledger died, too.

There is definitely an element of selfishness to it- I won't be able to listen to their music again. But I can't help but like them, even if what I like is just their persona. So I can't help but still go through a mild grief.

I can't believe it. Wow- this mega person just died. Fvck cancer! He was so young! I wish it wasn't him. Man, I'm really sad he's gone. I feel for his family.

Something like this.
: