Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

So watcha, watcha, watcha want?

Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:54:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is anyone else super sad that a Beastie Boy died? My spirit is significantly broken :(

I'm living in a world with one less Beastie Boy... it just feels wrong.

RIP MCA
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:57:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
*bashes for being sad over a famous person's(that I don't know of) death*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:59:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah, actually I don't usually get sad over celebrity deaths. I honestly can't remember the last time I was sad that a celebrity died. I guess the last time was Eyedea- but he's not nearly as famous as the beastie boys.

I'm genuinely sad that a beastie boy has died.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:00:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2012 9:57:16 PM, OberHerr wrote:
*bashes for being sad over a famous person's(that I don't know of) death*

MCA was from the Beastie Boys.. the greatest Jewish rappers of all time.. and a great group in general.. though I wasn't their biggest fan..

You gotta fight, for your right, to party!!!

RIP MCA
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:00:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2012 10:00:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/6/2012 9:57:16 PM, OberHerr wrote:
*bashes for being sad over a famous person's(that I don't know of) death*

MCA was from the Beastie Boys.. the greatest Jewish rappers of all time.. and a great group in general.. though I wasn't their biggest fan..

You gotta fight, for your right, to party!!!

RIP MCA

He died for our right to party.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:01:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2012 10:00:20 PM, Koopin wrote:
I think I'd cry if David Bowie died.

I can't think of a celebrity I would cry over the death of...... but I understand that sentiment. David Bowie is a god after all.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:01:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2012 10:00:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/6/2012 10:00:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/6/2012 9:57:16 PM, OberHerr wrote:
*bashes for being sad over a famous person's(that I don't know of) death*

MCA was from the Beastie Boys.. the greatest Jewish rappers of all time.. and a great group in general.. though I wasn't their biggest fan..

You gotta fight, for your right, to party!!!

RIP MCA

He died for our right to party.

Yes he did.. And so we must.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:02:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2012 10:01:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/6/2012 10:00:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/6/2012 10:00:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/6/2012 9:57:16 PM, OberHerr wrote:
*bashes for being sad over a famous person's(that I don't know of) death*

MCA was from the Beastie Boys.. the greatest Jewish rappers of all time.. and a great group in general.. though I wasn't their biggest fan..

You gotta fight, for your right, to party!!!

RIP MCA

He died for our right to party.

Yes he did.. And so we must.

In his honor.

*swig*
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 8:38:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2012 9:54:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
Is anyone else super sad that a Beastie Boy died? My spirit is significantly broken :(

I'm living in a world with one less Beastie Boy... it just feels wrong.

RIP MCA

Yeah, I have very similar feelings. I'm generally apathetic to celebrities dying, but Whitney was disconcerting and MCA is outright sad.

I was definitely saddened by Eyedea dying, too.

However, all this sadness -- I know it's selfishly derived. :\

Deep down inside, I know that I don't know these people, and it just makes me a little sad inside that, with finality and irrevocability, these people will never make music that I rather liked ever, ever again.

So, I guess that's why I was sad when Heath Ledger died, too.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 1:15:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/7/2012 8:38:12 AM, Ren wrote:
At 5/6/2012 9:54:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
Is anyone else super sad that a Beastie Boy died? My spirit is significantly broken :(

I'm living in a world with one less Beastie Boy... it just feels wrong.

RIP MCA

Yeah, I have very similar feelings. I'm generally apathetic to celebrities dying, but Whitney was disconcerting and MCA is outright sad.

I was definitely saddened by Eyedea dying, too.

However, all this sadness -- I know it's selfishly derived. :\

Deep down inside, I know that I don't know these people, and it just makes me a little sad inside that, with finality and irrevocability, these people will never make music that I rather liked ever, ever again.

So, I guess that's why I was sad when Heath Ledger died, too.

There is definitely an element of selfishness to it- I won't be able to listen to their music again. But I can't help but like them, even if what I like is just their persona. So I can't help but still go through a mild grief.

I can't believe it. Wow- this mega person just died. Fvck cancer! He was so young! I wish it wasn't him. Man, I'm really sad he's gone. I feel for his family.

Something like this.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.